PDA

View Full Version : Im on P90X!

Shlade
07-30-2009, 01:31 PM
alright ladies and gents ive finally gotten my self motivated to loose my stubborn body fat

i recently purchases the P90X dvd set and started as of july 28th

today im on my third day doing shoulders and arms today followed by a workout called ab ripper X.

Third day in my back, from workout day one! hurts, my chest hurts a little, No pain no game tho right? Yesterday (july 29th) i did a workout called plyometrics. Its basically a hardcore cardio workout, since i havent done cardio in a little while, AGAIN my muscles are in a bit of pain, the workout did everything i couldnt do on a treadmill or running, as weird as it is, worked out eveything from my ass to the very bottom of my legs. Third day in im absolutely loving this program and waiting to do new things!

Since this is a 90 day workout, and since i have lots to work on, im going to extend it to a 4 month workout period! i will update every week on how my workout is going, Ill consider this my workout journal as to how im doing, ill be updating with pics on how im doing!

Any comments or suggestiong or questions, Feel free to ask!:thumbsup:

max_boost
07-30-2009, 01:37 PM
So was 403gemini and he should be done by now, any updates buddy? haha j/k

Good luck man. P90X is absolutely brutal but if you stick with it, you'll get the results. :D

Shlade
07-30-2009, 01:40 PM
its definetly a hard program, but im definetly sticking with it :D

im loving the workouts!

Jlude
07-30-2009, 01:55 PM
Interested in your results.

I downloaded p90x a couple weeks ago and have been considering giving it a try. I'm probably the fattest I've ever been

Dumbass17
07-30-2009, 02:06 PM
i downloaded it
lost interest in anything but the ab ripper x...which i haven't done in 2 months lol

good luck sticking with it tho, are you doing it at home or the gym?

mr2mike
07-30-2009, 02:35 PM
Don't really know this program but the same pain can be achieved from your 'tightening fat up' thread. The bb forum workout the guy posted, if done right will net you results.

Just suck it up and hit the weights. I asked one of the techs at my gym to make sure I'm doing dead lifts right. They're more than happy to help you. Why else do you think they're there? To clean the equipment or put away weights? They love to help someone who's keen to learn the proper techniques and ideas.

Glad you've decided on something.

Trini
07-30-2009, 02:56 PM
Ab ripper x is good but pretty tough

max_boost
07-30-2009, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Jlude
Interested in your results.

I downloaded p90x a couple weeks ago and have been considering giving it a try. I'm probably the fattest I've ever been

hahaha

Step 1. download the program
Step 2. read the program

Have you done step 2 yet? lol :devil:

Adrenaline101
07-30-2009, 03:18 PM
I have the full p90x that I downloaded awhile ago, I havent quite started the program but a few nights a week I do a few of the exercizes. I dont have the pullup bar and heavier weights needed for a few.

One of my faves is the Kenpo-X . if your body doesnt feel like goo after that your doing good.

The big thing about p90x is not being lazy and trying to stick to the diet as well, sticking close to the p90x diet and just biking and a few workouts a few ive lost some pounds.

gqmw
07-30-2009, 03:31 PM
Would someone burn me this dvd set for a small price?

Jlude
07-30-2009, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

hahaha

Step 1. download the program
Step 2. read the program

Have you done step 2 yet? lol :devil:

hahaha of course not, hence my current physical condition.

Kona9
07-30-2009, 04:15 PM
interesting. looking forward to seeing results. I am in need of motivation. Although I'm getting there.

T78Supra1
07-30-2009, 04:20 PM
I did it for about a month. Good luck sticking with it. By week three I couldn't stand his voice. I slimmed down a bit but didn't stick to the diet. The diet was so much work. My grocery bill went through the roof. Who has time to make soup from scratch or cook red snapper for dinner.

You will get sick of watching the same thing day after day.

The Workouts are good, YogaX is a bitch. Good luck

BigWill
07-30-2009, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by gqmw
Would someone burn me this dvd set for a small price?

:werd: I is Fat

pm me too if possible please!? to poor to afford the real dvd set:werd:

stevieo
07-30-2009, 06:25 PM
i did p90x for almost 2 months i lost like 15-20lbs haha.
i would have kept going and finished it but i had my tattoo appointment come up and i had to take a break.

i slimmed down alot too and got toned. i was at about 185 and i dropped to 165-170. my pants weren't fitting as nice they were getting a bit baggy haha...but alas i haven't worked out for a few months now because of the tattoo sessions going on but it works if you do it 110% and eat right.

Darkane
07-30-2009, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by stevieo
i did p90x for almost 2 months i lost like 15-20lbs haha.
i would have kept going and finished it but i had my tattoo appointment come up and i had to take a break.

i slimmed down alot too and got toned. i was at about 185 and i dropped to 165-170. my pants weren't fitting as nice they were getting a bit baggy haha...but alas i haven't worked out for a few months now because of the tattoo sessions going on but it works if you do it 110% and eat right.

Good results.

I just wanted to point out, some people may become intimidated and or lazy from the "Diet guide". There's no need to be, I'll tell you why.

I believe the diet is split into Macro percentages. A macro is either Protein, Carbs, or Fat. If one "phase" of the program calls for macro's Protein 40%, Carbs 40%, Fat 20% for example they will outline meals with those macro's. The thing people get drawn away from is the P90X has Different meals for throughout the day! That's retarded and to much cooking.

So simply you guys can do this:

Take a Food you LIKE, and don't mind eating very often during that phase. As long as it has the proper macro percentage it will still work, you don't have to eat the EXACT meals outlined in the schedule.

Using www.fitday.com is an excellent way to determine foods macro's. There are pie charts and Percentages built in, with a Massive food database. Diet is extremely important on the P90X.

Also Stevieo, why are you SoSlowDX's kryptonite? Does he become really weak in the knee's when you come into 'contact' with him? lol...

max_boost
07-30-2009, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Darkane

Also Stevieo, why are you SoSlowDX's kryptonite? Does he become really weak in the knee's when you come into 'contact' with him? lol... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

stevieo
07-30-2009, 09:11 PM
haha cause it sounded like a good idea at first..since kryptonite is the only thing that fucks up superman haha..

Adrenaline101
07-31-2009, 04:29 PM
I figured Id mention that if anyone wants a copy of the burned p90x I have to give me a pm. I can burn as data for those of you with mpeg/divx/avi dvd players on one dvd or if you want I can do the however many it takes to get them on proper dvd video.
All I ask is a small tip and gimme the ammount of dvd's it takes to burn, or a bigger tip and ill supply my own, lol.

After doing the plyometrics-x workout today for the first time I came to the conclusion that everyone should suffer as much as me.

foreverchina
07-31-2009, 05:30 PM
plyometrics is a bitch eh? lol goodluck

black13
07-31-2009, 05:50 PM
Been meaning to get on this as well but problem is my long work schedule is like a workout on its own.

Adrenaline101
07-31-2009, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by foreverchina
plyometrics is a bitch eh? lol goodluck

Yah plyometrics takes some good cardio and flexability, plus its one of the only p90x exercizes that involves some impact on the joints with jumping back and forth etc etc. I look like a complete retard when I do it thats for sure.

TysonFaulkner
08-03-2009, 04:13 PM
We started to do P90X with a couple friends and it was a heck of a workout. My only problem with it is it just seems a little too long. I would rather work out with a little more intensity for a shorter period of time.

We still do ab ripper once in a while, I tend to shorten it up a little bit as well so I get a more intense 8-10 min workout (less breaks)

Hoagie
08-09-2009, 01:54 PM
make sure to eat right as well

403Gemini
08-10-2009, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
So was 403gemini and he should be done by now, any updates buddy? haha j/k

Good luck man. P90X is absolutely brutal but if you stick with it, you'll get the results. :D

Honestly work picked up after the first month and a half, but in that month and a half i lost 20+ lbs, can fit into my old jeans, and since then I have been able to maintain a steady 183-187 weight (started @ 209! :eek: ).

Now i go to the gym 2-4 times a week and just eat healthier and I feel great. I never wanted to get jacked or big, I just wanted to get healthy and mission accomplished... well okay... now its maybe time to get jacked ;)

Im looking at starting to work out heavily at the gym this week since I leave for anaheim in a month, i want to look REALLY good w/o a shirt haha.

Other than that, p90x is a great starting program. The results you see on tv... well im a bit skeptical. I know a lot of people who have lost weight using it, but never come out looking like they are ready for a body building competition ;) That being said, they do come out a lot more healthy, and a lot more fit.

OP - I'll also add, the first week is brutal. I took sundays as my rest day and man did i need to rest.

After week 1 though, everything you found hard from the previous week becomes attainable. Just push through it - ab ripper X is probably the hardest of all of them. I couldnt even do the full 25 of each exercise... it really sucks cause our center of weight being dudes is in our shoulders so when you're exhausted you have to push harder to get up :p

ronaldo
08-11-2009, 12:51 AM
just finished downloading it...probably start next week!

97'Scort
08-12-2009, 09:25 AM
Can anybody burn me a copy of this? I'm fine with DivX, MPEG, whatever. I'll pay for the DVD and shipping plus some beer :)

403Gemini
08-13-2009, 01:47 AM
I posted this on another thread, cept i couldnt find it, here were my results after 1 month

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh233/cryage/progressmonth01.jpg