PDA

View Full Version : Owner of a new white civic - if your car got hit outside of Muku, I SAW EVERYTHING!

black_2.5RS
07-30-2009, 08:28 PM
I was having dinner today w/ my wife at Muku on 14st NW at 7pm-ish and saw a van back into a new white Honda Civic leaving a large dent in the driver side quarter panel. The driver of the van came into the restaurant and asked if it was anyone's car - no one responded. Then went to Globefish and I would presume did the same thing.....what I thought was unusual is the owner of the white honda didn't come out to inspect the damage with the van driver - leading me to believe the van driver just hid in the washroom to make it look like they were trying to find the owner.

Anyways, if this was your car or a friends car! I SAW EVERYTHING AND GOT A LICENSE PLATE OF THE OFFENDER TOO! PM ME IF THE VAN DRIVER DIDN'T GIVE YOU THEIR CONTACT INFO!

futurecivic
07-30-2009, 08:30 PM
wow there needs to be more people like you :clap:

euro_racer
07-30-2009, 08:32 PM
:thumbsup:

roopi
07-30-2009, 08:35 PM
Why don't you call the police and report the hit and run (or possible hit and run) and give the plate number?

Mibz
07-30-2009, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by roopi
Why don't you call the police and report the hit and run (or possible hit and run) and give the plate number? This.

Kona9
07-30-2009, 09:09 PM
why didnt you leave a note on the car so the owner can contact you?

Pollywog
07-30-2009, 09:16 PM
I would've just left a business card with my contact info under his wiper - seems that would have been a bit more substantial.

Oh well, you tried.
http://www.acoffeebreakcafe.com/CBC/style_emoticons/default/clap.gif

anschutz_92
07-30-2009, 09:29 PM
I doubt the owner of the white civic is on beyond. Give the information to the police but good work regardless.

black_2.5RS
07-30-2009, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Pollywog
I would've just left a business card with my contact info under his wiper - seems that would have been a bit more substantial.

Oh well, you tried.
http://www.acoffeebreakcafe.com/CBC/style_emoticons/default/clap.gif

I was going to and my wife said it would look like I did it....Whatever. I'll call the cops tomorrow.

thinmyster
07-30-2009, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by black_2.5RS

I was going to and my wife said it would look like I did it....Whatever. I'll call the cops tomorrow.

I agree with your wife. that would look suspicious

ragu
07-30-2009, 10:28 PM
Cops will only do something about it if white civic driver reports it; if he doesnt report it then o well. My dad saw an accident with H2 rear ending a van parked on a street and then taking off; he called cops to tell them about it and they reluctantly took the info.

2EFNFAST
07-31-2009, 01:36 AM
Wait, I'm confused.

He comes into the restaurant to ask if somebody in there owns it. nobody does.

he goes into the next building.

Why do you think he would hide in the bathroom in that building, but in your building as if it belonged to anybody. That makes no sense....

signature7
07-31-2009, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST
Wait, I'm confused.

Why do you think he would hide in the bathroom in that building, but in your building as if it belonged to anybody. That makes no sense....

:werd: or else i'm npt understanding it clearly.

And I reported a hit and run-where the offender thought I was chasing him so he cut into oncoming traffic after being in a turning lane in an attempt to throw me off- called the cops, said they can't do shit unless someone reports it, however it jsut happened and the cops wouldn't take any info down.

Originally, the offender did a hit and pull over, waited for victim to get out of car the sped off like an asshole.

black_2.5RS
07-31-2009, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST
Wait, I'm confused.

So if you've been to Muku and Globefish. Muku has a full bank of windows facing the parking lot and the other patrons at Muku saw the accident. No way the van driver would just leave without coming in to ask. Then went into Globefish, however, the civic owner didn't come out with the van driver to review the damage. The fact that didn't make sense to me was - if someone came into the restaurant where we were eating and said they hit your new honda civic - you don't think you would immediately put down your food and run out to inspect the damage? I know I would and I would suspect most people would too. This did not happen........leading to my suspicion of the van driver just hiding out and not informing the civic owner.

topmade
07-31-2009, 08:10 AM
^^ Agreed. It's like writing a note saying, "I'm just writing this note because people are looking at me". Seems like you are being a outstanding citizen when you are just being deceiving. Or there could be a small chance that he actually did try to find the owner and left a note with the restaurant. But wouldn't leaving it on the actual car make more sense?

BlackArcher101
07-31-2009, 08:59 AM
I can't believe you thought the best course of action would be to let the owner know via Beyond. Your intent is good, but it's ultimately a fail. :facepalm:

Since it's too late to leave a note on the car, what you should be doing right now is going down to a police station and filling out a witness report. That way when the owner of the car eventually comes to fill out a damage report so he can claim insurance, that your report will pop up. This is what I've done before when witnessing hit & runs. Usually it results in the owner even calling me back thanking me.

scat19
07-31-2009, 09:24 AM
I have a note on a car...

Stampede time, a guy left a huge dent "I saw what happened + plate number call me XXX_XXXX)

Tik-Tok
07-31-2009, 09:48 AM
however, the civic owner didn't come out with the van driver to review the damage.

Maybe the owner wasn't in Globefish? There's a lot of other places a person could be, other than 2 restaurants.

Did you see the owner come out of the restaurant, and look at his car after the van left?

blinkme_210
07-31-2009, 10:17 AM
File a police report with the van & Civic license plate number, then let the cops pursue it. The cops will get to the bottom of it.

szw
07-31-2009, 11:50 AM

So if you've been to Muku and Globefish. Muku has a full bank of windows facing the parking lot and the other patrons at Muku saw the accident. No way the van driver would just leave without coming in to ask. Then went into Globefish, however, the civic owner didn't come out with the van driver to review the damage. The fact that didn't make sense to me was - if someone came into the restaurant where we were eating and said they hit your new honda civic - you don't think you would immediately put down your food and run out to inspect the damage? I know I would and I would suspect most people would too. This did not happen........leading to my suspicion of the van driver just hiding out and not informing the civic owner.

I think you are ridiculously over thinking things.

BoneDance
08-02-2009, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by szw

I think you are ridiculously over thinking things.

definatly, time to take off the cape hero

black_2.5RS
08-02-2009, 11:44 PM
Reported the incident to the police. This is what they told me - word for word "As you are not the victim of this offence, we are unable to process the report."

WTF?

Whatever, try to help. No one cares. Oh well.

Zhariak
08-03-2009, 12:06 AM
I'm surprised the police don't do more...

Cody D
08-03-2009, 12:10 AM
Reported the incident to the police. This is what they told me - word for word "As you are not the victim of this offence, we are unable to process the report."

WTF?

If it makes you feel better, I think you are a good person for trying.

ragu
08-03-2009, 12:15 AM

WTF?

:zzz: