PDA

View Full Version : marketplace category for cellphones

girlRACER
11-04-2003, 10:46 PM
I think that adding an additional category in marketplace for cellphones would be really useful because many people, like me, only go in the marketplace to look for and sell cellphones. That way a person wouldn't have to sift through all the other items.

Just a suggestion :)

C4S
11-04-2003, 11:24 PM
Not a bad idea !

Redlyne_mr2
11-05-2003, 12:11 AM
Yah good idea, the cell phone industry is alive and well on Beyond.ca!

jdmakkord
11-05-2003, 07:48 AM
why not call it ask roopi?

roopi
11-05-2003, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by jdmakkord

:rofl:

DeSi
11-05-2003, 09:08 AM
yeah man that would make it alot easier to sell and buy phones

redline_13000
11-05-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by jdmakkord

:rofl: :rofl:

rage2
11-05-2003, 03:37 PM
haha we have a thread complaining about too many forums, and another asking for more forums...

HELP! :rofl:

Here, I made a quick link to a "cell phone forum" :

http://forums.beyond.ca/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=405403&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

haha, search (http://forums.beyond.ca/search.php) is your friend :).

kenny
11-05-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Hollywood
Man there are too many sections now. That's all.

Originally posted by girlRACER

:werd: I've always used the "View New Posts" link but I still think that it is cumbersome to navigate through threads. :(

So before there was too many forum sections, and now you are suggested we add even more? :) Haha

We are constantly looking at posting activity to see what section needs to be split up and what new sections to add.

girlRACER
11-05-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by kenny

So before there was too many forum sections, and now you are suggested we add even more? :) Haha

We are constantly looking at posting activity to see what section needs to be split up and what new sections to add.

So when tons of people suggested that there were too many forums you didn't want to do anything because it was supposed to "address some of the concerns regarding the forum homepage being too long (ie. too much scrolling."

And now that it is "too long" and there is "too much scrolling" you decide you'd rather do nothing about it. :rolleyes:

Its your forum. Do what you wish. It was just a suggestion. It doesn't seem like you've followed any of the suggestions made in this section anyways. :dunno:

rage2
11-05-2003, 06:22 PM

So when tons of people suggested that there were too many forums you didn't want to do anything because it was supposed to "address some of the concerns regarding the forum homepage being too long (ie. too much scrolling."

And now that it is "too long" and there is "too much scrolling" you decide you'd rather do nothing about it. :rolleyes:

Its your forum. Do what you wish. It was just a suggestion. It doesn't seem like you've followed any of the suggestions made in this section anyways. :dunno: Actually, it was re-organized after tons of people complained.

The Marketplace has it's own section : http://forums.beyond.ca/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=50

The Photo and Video Galleries has it's own section :
http://forums.beyond.ca/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=58

Even the Member's Rides got it's own section :
http://forums.beyond.ca/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=48

Which reduced the main index clutter. Also, smaller images made it so each forum listing is smaller now. In fact, the entire forum listings can fit on 1 page on 1280x1024 (the original format did not fit).

girlRACER
11-05-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by rage2

Actually, it was re-organized after tons of people complained.

The Marketplace has it's own section : http://forums.beyond.ca/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=50

The Photo and Video Galleries has it's own section :
http://forums.beyond.ca/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=58

Even the Member's Rides got it's own section :
http://forums.beyond.ca/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=48

Which reduced the main index clutter. Also, smaller images made it so each forum listing is smaller now. In fact, the entire forum listings can fit on 1 page on 1280x1024 (the origi
nal format did not fit).

Yes true. I guess with a forum of 4500 members you can't please everyone. What is a convenience for others may be cumbersome for others. I understand. Thanks, anyways. :thumbsup:

rage2
11-05-2003, 06:34 PM
Yes true. I guess with a forum of 4500 members you can't please everyone. What is a convenience for others may be cumbersome for others. I understand. Thanks, anyways. :thumbsup:
Yea, it's tough balancing everything :).

Kenny's been doing a great job with the latest re-organization and changes to the forum. All the changes have been fairly subtle... you don't want to ruin a working formula :D.

But like he says, everything gets reviewed, and if cell phones get to the point where it's dominating the Miscellaneous section, it will be spawned off into another forum.

As for being cumbersome, how does the search feature work for you for finding cell phone stuff?

xkon
11-22-2003, 10:39 AM
i think the forums are good now... searching for phones works, thats how I find them!!

zhulander
11-25-2003, 01:19 AM
I think it's a good idea, who needs hofo when there's beyond? I counted 50 cellphone related threads in the first 9 pages which is about 22%.

gongSHOW
11-25-2003, 07:13 PM
ya, i think we should make one too, there are sooo many cell posts, I think there are enough to sanction this!

sikh_n_destroy
11-25-2003, 07:23 PM
its not a bad idea....

but it works good now....

so why the hastle ...!!!

gongSHOW
11-25-2003, 11:29 PM
i dunno sometimes the miscellaneous section threads can get put on the 2nd page after about 2 hours and a lot of these posts are about cell phones, I dunno just an idea i guess there is no really necessicity to change it

rage2
12-16-2003, 06:35 PM
And a month and a half later... the wish is granted :).

/////AMG
12-16-2003, 07:19 PM
Good job rage and team!

girlRACER
12-16-2003, 07:55 PM
And a month and a half later... the wish is granted :).

hehe...I guess it was only a matter of time. Thanks ;) :thumbsup:

xkon
12-24-2003, 05:04 PM
on HoFo they have a template that comes up when you start a new post in their FS section for phones... (Roopi uses it here) can we do the same?? Every single post there someone always asks is its GSM? or TELUS? (or I get PMed that question every time i sell a phone) this would get rid of that!

here it is:

PHONE DETAILS
--------------------
Price(Currency):
Color:
Included:
Unlocked:
Used/Tested Networks:
LifeTimer:
Condition:
Pictures:

SELLING DETAILS
--------------------
Payment:

NOTES:
--------------------

Weapon_R
12-24-2003, 05:17 PM
I like that idea - it helps answer a lot of questions. I'll sticky the template so that people selling their cell phones can use it in their threads.

Weapon_R
12-24-2003, 05:19 PM
In order to help organize this thread and ensure that as many questions are answered within the thread, please use this template to advertise your cellular telephone. This will allow the seller to provide a detailed description of their product for members and add any additional comments to the bottom of their thread. Cut and paste into your thread:

PHONE DETAILS
--------------------
Price(Currency):
Color:
Included:
Unlocked:
Used/Tested Networks:
LifeTimer:
Condition:
Pictures:

SELLING DETAILS
--------------------
Payment:

NOTES:
--------------------

jdmsource
12-24-2003, 05:42 PM
wat about brand lol

roopi
12-24-2003, 05:45 PM
HoFo Template! :thumbsup:

xkon
12-24-2003, 05:57 PM
nice!!! i swear i just posted this in the sugg. forums!!! sweeeet

on HoFo the template automatically comes up when in the post a new post is created... is that possible??

xkon
12-24-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by jdmsource
wat about brand lol

that should be in your title anyways!!

Weapon_R
12-24-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by xkon
nice!!! i swear i just posted this in the sugg. forums!!! sweeeet

on HoFo the template automatically comes up when in the post a new post is created... is that possible??

If one of the admins can make it so that it comes up right at the start of a new post, all the better. It's going to be a little tougher as not all the posts here are strictly cell phones, but i'm sure that they will get around that if it's possible.

rage2
12-24-2003, 10:26 PM
Bunch of slave drivers, make me work on christmas eve... :).

xkon
12-25-2003, 02:25 AM
Bunch of slave drivers, make me work on christmas eve... :).

LOL
thanks rage and WeaponR... again!!!