PDA

View Full Version : Looking for work

BLUE95GT
11-05-2003, 12:10 AM
I am looking for an office job. But it seems all the open office jobs I see want 2 years of experience or 2 years of College. Which I don't have yet. The problem is I was in a car accident and can't work the manual type of labour I was able to before.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

My experience
Sep03-Current Lynx Ridge Golf Course

Maintenance Department. Landscaping and general golf course maintenance and repair which included the use of machinery.

1999-July 2003 Apprentice Mechanic, Fountain Tire

Responsibilities include: Training of new employees, Tire Technician, Servicing of vehicles, cleaning work areas, overseeing other employee’s work, making sure that it is safe and completed properly and in a timely manner. Helping-out in general. Opening and closing shop on a regular basis. Dealing with Customers. Pick-up and drop-off parts and customers. Equipment maintenance. Receiving tire shipments and vehicle parts. Inventory of parts and tires.

1997-2000 Boyd’s Seafood Restaurant

Managed Drive-Thru window. Served customers, cleaned tables, set tables, was required to cook , prepare foods and sauces. Dealt with payments of all forms. Clean-up and closing procedures. Performed some general maintenance.

Jun98-Oct98 Paragon 4 - Enterprises

Mechanic for ATV equipment.

EDUCATION

2000 High School Diploma, Graduated Bowness High School

2002 Certificate, Tire Training and Safety

2003 Currently attending Mount Royal College evenings and weekends

Davetronz
11-05-2003, 01:36 AM
Might seem like a pretty common answer, but try Telus as a CSR.
You will have to know something about phones or computers however....

BLUE95GT
11-07-2003, 12:56 AM
:) Thanks I applied for Telus as a CSR
No word back though

Any other ideas
anyone....?

pinoyhero
11-07-2003, 06:38 AM
Its not really and "office job" but you may want to try a bank, start off as a teller.