PDA

View Full Version : overloading and haskayne

Achmat
07-31-2009, 10:56 PM
how does this work. do we submit the application online then they automatically put us into the course?

do we have to be in haskayne?

Ebon
08-01-2009, 02:37 AM
More like you apply and pray they put you in.

Chances are your gonna have to be in Haskayne. Even if there isn't a rule, there is competition and obviously Haskayne students will get priority over you and will likely fill up all available overload spots.

xttxt
08-04-2009, 11:14 PM
on top of haskayne students getting priority...students in later years (4th or 5th years) or require the course in order to graduate on time get first priority....

i remember about 3 or 4 semesters ago sr fnce courses were overloaded to the max and people were posting advertisements around scurfield offering cash for people who would drop so they could take the class....

Achmat
08-14-2009, 06:03 PM
say if i am registered in a class for winter (at a really shitty time, i just picked it because i had no other options)
but i would rather take this course in fall, would Haskayne not consider my overload request because im in this course in winter?

dimi
08-16-2009, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Achmat
say if i am registered in a class for winter (at a really shitty time, i just picked it because i had no other options)
but i would rather take this course in fall, would Haskayne not consider my overload request because im in this course in winter?

the course is bsen 395

They will NOT adjust for your timetable, that's your responsibility. If you are already in the class, why the hell would they let you overload. Some people will need that course to graduate after all. If you want a good timetable you sit and wait for registration to open up.

Stay on student center and reload it constantly. In the final week before school starts I got into 9 courses and changed my whole timetable to fit my needs. Prior to that there was little movement in terms of open spaces.