PDA

View Full Version : Engagement Photo Location Ideas

TC2002
08-01-2009, 04:21 PM
Just looking for a variety of ideas for where people have done their photo shoots and were very happy with the result.

My fiancee and I have our time with the photographer next week and we were considering the Rosza Centre at the U because they have some amazing backdrops and maybe we can stick in a grand piano in there somewhere (I play piano and have 6 years ballet and jazz dance experience and he plays guitar). I can't get a hold of anyone to get permission, and that might not pan out because there is a performance there in the evening. :(

Can anyone recommend any other locations or any place where they know of that has a grand piano? It's not essential, I guess, but it would be nice.

Other ideas (not necessarily have to be music oriented)?

D'z Nutz
08-01-2009, 04:25 PM
You might want to check out some of the higher end hotels, especially in the downtown area. Quiet a few of them have pianos in them.

bjstare
08-01-2009, 04:33 PM
Well, nothing to do with music, but my wife and I got our engagement photos done at the playground of the elementary school we both went to.. it was pretty cool.

TC2002
08-01-2009, 04:44 PM
Thanks! Great ideas so far.

Melinda
08-01-2009, 11:30 PM
Just did a shoot this morning and we wandered Stephen Ave. Got some really good shots there!

JordanLotoski
08-02-2009, 08:39 AM
Why dont you do something different like an old abandon warehouse. somehing really industrial.

van
08-02-2009, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by MIWYFSHOT
Why dont you do something different like an old abandon warehouse. somehing really industrial.

Any actual locations? I was looking for such things as this.. just for fun photos of the wife lol

TC2002
08-02-2009, 06:52 PM
^:werd:

I've called a hotel downtown and hope to hear from them on Tuesday when everyone gets back to work. I've seen some portfolios with great backdrops but I wish to know where they took them.

mo_money2supe
08-04-2009, 10:24 PM
In case anyone's interested, I posted up the "guys" perspective of our ideal engagement shoot version over here: http://forums.beyond.ca/st/273765/where-can-i-find-a-nice-grand-piano-for-engagement-pictures/ Thanks for all the ideas so far guys. Keep 'em coming!

D'z Nutz
08-04-2009, 10:37 PM
*lightbulb!*

I recall doing recitals at Irene Besse Keyboards when I was younger and they had a concert hall. Maybe give them a call?

http://www.irenebesse.com/Concert_hall/home.asp

I also remember doing recitals at Craigie Hall at the U of C as well. Check the music department there. While you're at it, also check the music department at MRC:

http://www.mtroyal.ca/conservatory/

Maybe SAIT has the same sort of thing too?

Those piano lessons I had while I was younger might finally pay off :rofl:

R-Audi
08-05-2009, 11:17 AM
How about Cantos Piano museum?

TC2002
08-07-2009, 12:47 AM
Thanks to everyone who've posted great ideas for us to look into! Lots of phone calls ahead to make! :)

Davetronz
08-08-2009, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Melinda
Just did a shoot this morning and we wandered Stephen Ave. Got some really good shots there!
Sounds like a VERY lucky couple!
;)