PDA

View Full Version : New King of Pop? REALLY?

Melinda
08-02-2009, 12:59 AM
So, Kanye West thinks he's up to the task of taking over where MJ left off. The 'true' king of pop has been dead for barely a month, and Kanye has the nerve to say,

“You know everyone loves and respects Michael but times change. It’s so sad to see Michael gone but it makes a path for a new King of Pop and I’m willing to take that on. There’s nobody who can match me in sales and in respect so it only makes sense for me to take over Michael’s crown and become the new King. First there was Elvis, then there was Michael, now in the 21st century its Kanye’s time to rule. I have nothing but respect for Michael but someone needs to pick up where he left off and there’s nobody better than me to do that. I am the new King of Pop.”

Makes me want to hurl. When I read this initally, I thought of Justin Timberlake. This part of his quote really made me laugh though

There’s nobody who can match me in sales and in respect so it only makes sense for me to take over Michael’s crown and become the new King.

If we're comparing total career sales, I think JT might have him beat. I *think* NSYNC still holds the all time record for both first day sales and first week sales. And you want to talk respect? JT went from the front man of a boy band to an insanely popular (and really well respected) solo artist (funny, just like MJ). That's no easy feat in the music business, which just goes to show that JT actually does have a lot of respect.

For the record, I'm not the biggest JT fan. I was an insanely huge NSYNC fan, but JT was always my least favorite. But you cant help but see that he's on his own path and paving some new frontiers. I also HATE Kanye. Sure, I've tapped my toes to some of his songs, but his arrogance drives me MENTAL. My most vivid memory of that was his first awards show after his mom died. He kept talking and talking about random people and the music started to play to kick him off. THEN he went on to mention his mom and actually made a huge deal about it and made them stop playing the music so he could finish what he had to say. That did it for me!

Sorry for the long ramble but yeah, if I had to put my vote in for the new 'king of pop', pretty sure my vote would go to JT over Kanye. But who knows, maybe the new king of pop isnt even around yet. Maybe there never will be another one. I just thought this was an insane new height of arrogance on the part of Kanye. Never ceases to amaze.

:facepalm:

Gooseberry
08-02-2009, 01:04 AM
Source? I heard this came from a site that was just like the onion.

962 kid
08-02-2009, 01:05 AM
http://yepyep.gibbs12.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/kanye-gayfish-425x310.png

nuff said

Wrinkly
08-02-2009, 01:09 AM
:werd:

I agree with you wholeheartedly (except the part about being a huge NSYNC fan).

I hate Kanye West's arrogance and ego tripping, too. He's a jerk and he needs to be told that HE doesn't get to choose who the next king will be (if there even is one out there) the PUBLIC get to decide that!

blueripper6
08-02-2009, 01:49 AM
atleast he knows he can't do hiphop anymore... weak

Godfuader
08-02-2009, 01:58 AM
Apparently Fake!

Source (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32241483/ns/entertainment-music/)

It angered me when I initially heard about the claim, but KW came out and said that its all made up.

Team_Mclaren
08-02-2009, 02:07 AM
whos this Kanye guy? sorry i just landed a few months ago:nut:

OH-EIGHT
08-02-2009, 07:33 AM
he's stupid but i don't think he's that stupid

Melinda
08-02-2009, 08:17 AM
Sorry, I got the quote from another forum, they didn't post their source. It still wouldn't shock me though if he had said it.

Tik-Tok
08-02-2009, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Melinda
Sorry, I got the quote from another forum, they didn't post their source. It still wouldn't shock me though if he had said it.

The funny part is that, I don't think ANYONE would put it past him to say that. It's just the kind of name he's made for himself.

OH-EIGHT
08-02-2009, 08:45 AM
“It makes me feel bad that obviously I made people feel that I would be corny enough to say something so whack after the passing of an idol, a legend and more than that a human being with feelings and a family”

lol

Melinda
08-02-2009, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

The funny part is that, I don't think ANYONE would put it past him to say that. It's just the kind of name he's made for himself.
Yeah, that's why I didn't think twice about posting it without a source. It just seemed like something he would say. Didn't he compare himself to Jesus once? This seemed somewhere along those lines.

flipstah
08-02-2009, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Melinda

Yeah, that's why I didn't think twice about posting it without a source. It just seemed like something he would say. Didn't he compare himself to Jesus once? This seemed somewhere along those lines.

http://newsbusters.org/media/Jesus%20is%20that%20you2.jpg

I heard this on Sirius and just laughed. If he really thinks he can surpass MJ, he needs to step up and try a little harder.

Auto-Tune has made everyone lazy. Damn you, T-Pain!

ZorroAMG
08-02-2009, 10:59 AM
No talent ass clown.

schocker
08-02-2009, 11:07 AM
http://www.kanyeuniversecity.com/blog/?em3106=237710_-1__0_~0_-1_8_2009_0_0&em3298=&em3282=&em3281=&em3161=

:dunno:

2.0turbo
08-02-2009, 11:14 AM
There will never be another king of pop, MJ is dead and with him, the king of pop.

Adrenaline101
08-02-2009, 11:32 AM
King of pop

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt13/tracyp2/pepsi_02.gif

JAYMEZ
08-02-2009, 06:25 PM
I read this yesterday or the day before on www.msn.ca... Cant find it anymore..

Jeremiah
08-02-2009, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ
I read this yesterday or the day before on www.msn.ca... Cant find it anymore..

That's because it's a rumor and they don't want gossip on their website. Especially since it has already been denied by the man himself.

GMC99
08-02-2009, 06:52 PM
The guy has talent. Needs to tone the ego down bigtime.

5fivespeed
08-03-2009, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by GMC99
The guy has talent. Needs to tone the ego down bigtime.

Autotune isn't talent. Mainstream music now is like this - Kanye's only song that made hits IMO is "Through the Wire" and "Stronger." Now it's all this synthisized - pouty sounding music that the kids eat up.

Ray

JordanEG6
08-07-2009, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Wrinkly
:werd:

I agree with you wholeheartedly (except the part about being a huge NSYNC fan).

I hate Kanye West's arrogance and ego tripping, too. He's a jerk and he needs to be told that HE doesn't get to choose who the next king will be (if there even is one out there) the PUBLIC get to decide that!

With people jumping his jock on a consistant basis, they just might.

I'm SICK of Kanye or anything involving that douche. Too arrogant, too cocky. His last 2 albums IMO were strictly gold/plantinum status because of who he his and not the quality of the music, I personally thought 808 and Graduation were 'meh'. Self-proclaiming KING of Pop is laughable.

EDIT: read the source, when I scrolled down. False rumors, but it's the type of news I'd actually believe considering it's Kanye.

OH-EIGHT
08-07-2009, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by JordanEG6

With people jumping his jock on a consistant basis, they just might.

I'm SICK of Kanye or anything involving that douche. Too arrogant, too cocky. His last 2 albums IMO were strictly gold/plantinum status because of who he his and not the quality of the music, I personally thought 808 and Graduation were 'meh'. Self-proclaiming KING of Pop is laughable.

he never said he was the king of pop...

FiveFreshFish
08-07-2009, 07:41 PM
I never heard of him until:

http://i27.tinypic.com/4v5x1z.gif

2002civic
08-08-2009, 10:14 AM
he has already denied saying it, someone just posted it to cause a stir....

hampstor
08-08-2009, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
I never heard of him until:

http://i27.tinypic.com/4v5x1z.gif

You can't script shit funnier than that broadcast. :rofl: :rofl: