PDA

View Full Version : Flames vs Wings...

Davetronz
11-05-2003, 01:43 AM
Wow, that was a pathetic game tonight....
I dont understand why we did the goalie switch between the 2 and 3. Completely useless I think. Although that crazy backup bugger made an AWESOME rolling flailing glove save in the 3rd.
Our big guns just werent firing, I heard iginlas' name maybe twice all game and our number one scoring line was a pile of :bullshit:
At least we have 3 more games against them to seek our revenge.

Does anyone know what the root of the big issue between Hasek and Joseph is? Apparently they dont even talk to each other, and the 3rd goalie on the wings has to mediate between the two...

James
11-05-2003, 01:55 AM
I was at the game tonight and ya the flames defenalty suck, i mean sure it was the Wings, but Calgarys penalty killing looked like a bunch of 10 year olds.

Ben
11-05-2003, 01:57 AM
I just want to see the Flames in the playoffs this year. I've been a diehard fan for well over a decade and I'm pissed that I havent been to a playoff game in 7 years. Meanwhile seat prices have quadroupled from what they used to be for playoffs. :banghead:

sexualbanana
11-05-2003, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by FastDak318
Does anyone know what the root of the big issue between Hasek and Joseph is? Apparently they dont even talk to each other, and the 3rd goalie on the wings has to mediate between the two...

Obviously it's because Hasek came back and took Joseph's spot. If I were Joseph I'd be pretty pissed off too. Legace has to mediate because he's the #2, while Hasek's #1 and Joseph's #3. He's caught in the middle between 2 goalies with gigantic salaries that are used to being the stars.

accordboi_02
11-05-2003, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

Obviously it's because Hasek came back and took Joseph's spot. If I were Joseph I'd be pretty pissed off too. Legace has to mediate because he's the #2, while Hasek's #1 and Joseph's #3. He's caught in the middle between 2 goalies with gigantic salaries that are used to being the stars.

Joseph is a bitch; he deserves everything that happens to him now; I hate Hasek and the Wings, but I'm glad he's back, just to rain on Joseph's parade.

:thumbsup:

Davetronz
11-05-2003, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

You know there is a simple solution to this problem.
If they paid me .... lets say $70,000 CDN /year I would take one of their jobs...... :D

bigboom
11-05-2003, 09:45 AM
have you noticed how early mclennan goes down on every shot and fake? maybe it was jsut last night but seeing it from ice level you notice it a lot more, as much as i hate to say this we need turek back!

NickGT
11-05-2003, 10:43 AM
Calgary needed to start hitting more last game. They looked so dead out there. It wasn't cause detroit was faster by any means. They just moved the puck around really well, and Calgary just stood there. More shots, more hits. Thats what they were lacking in my opinion last night.

V_boy
11-05-2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by bigboom
have you noticed how early mclennan goes down on every shot and fake? maybe it was jsut last night but seeing it from ice level you notice it a lot more, as much as i hate to say this we need turek back!
I don't know....IMO Mclennan is doing better than turek. At least he doesn't let shots in from top of the circle!:D

Mr.Touchdown
11-05-2003, 11:09 AM
all i know is that the flames are a good team but with players that have somthing wrong in there head, win,loss,win,loss,win,loss oohh ohh maby agaist the wild we will win to keep the trend going.

Team_Mclaren
11-05-2003, 05:16 PM

I dont know.... He is one of the few classic stand up goalies left in the NHL. He doesnt go down alot!

bigboom
11-05-2003, 05:25 PM
mclennan?? last night he was dropping like a fly...it was horrible to see.

Team_Mclaren
11-05-2003, 05:28 PM
mclennan?? last night he was dropping like a fly...it was horrible to see.

i didnt watch the game last night, but yes He is a classic stand up goalie! Well, most of the time anyway!!!

RiCE-DaDDy
11-06-2003, 12:51 AM
thats odd cause mclennan is a stand up kinda goalie

403Gemini
11-06-2003, 02:54 AM
what was the detroit and vancouver game? 5-1? 5-2? for vancouver, man why do the flames hafta be such a let down year after year :( i say they switch leagues with the hitmen ;) j/k of course

Davetronz
11-06-2003, 10:35 AM
I think McLennan is doing much better than Turek would have been doing.
Before the Detroit game he was entering with something like a 1.29 GAA..!!! :thumbsup:

Gondi Stylez
11-07-2003, 12:35 PM
i say we get brent khron!! he is fuckin awsome! but thatgay coaching staff send him to teh AHL! turekt likcs balls and mclennan isnt that bad! but brent played sooo good in the pre season, i saw they should give him a shit, say a couple of games and see what he can do!! but they again goaltending is a hard thing to become a star in!!