PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a link to all the countries that the U.S. has attacked?

Weapon_R
11-05-2003, 02:51 AM
I remember someone posting a HUGE list of all the nations that the U.S. has attacked in the last 60 years or so, but I can't find it anywhere.

Does anyone have a credible link? I need it for my paper!@

Talies R
11-05-2003, 10:10 AM
Hey, I previously posted it in this: thread (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11534&highlight=politics)

List of countries the USA has bombed since the end of World War II :

China 1945-46
Korea 1950-53
China 1950-53
Guatemala 1954
Indonesia 1958
Cuba 1959-60
Guatemala 1960
Belgian Congo 1964
Guatemala 1964
Dominican Republic 1965-66
Peru 1965
Laos 1964-73
Vietnam 1961-73
Cambodia 1969-70
Guatemala 1967-69
Lebanon 1982-84
Grenada 1983-84
Libya 1986
El Salvador 1981-92
Nicaragua 1981-90
Libya 1986
Iran 1987-88
Libya 1989
Panama 1989-90
Iraq 1991-2002
Kuwait 1991
Somalia 1992-94
Croatia 1994 (of Serbs at Krajina)
Bosnia 1995
Iran 1998 (airliner)
Sudan 1998
Afghanistan 1998
Yugoslavia 1999
Afghanistan 2001-02

Weapon_R
11-05-2003, 10:48 AM
Thank You! Exactly what I was looking for.

Do you have a link for it handy?

Sai
11-05-2003, 03:53 PM
very hostile country :P

4wheeldrift
11-05-2003, 06:40 PM
Now, of that list, how many of those are UN sponsored actions and not mccarthyism or the monroe doctrine at work?

Weapon_R
11-05-2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
Now, of that list, how many of those are UN sponsored actions and not mccarthyism or the monroe doctrine at work?

Does that change anything?

nismodrifter
11-05-2003, 07:19 PM
that's it???? I am sure they have attacked more than that.......

4wheeldrift
11-05-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

Does that change anything? It depends entirely on the United States motives for being in that country.

rogue
11-05-2003, 07:34 PM
yea i see quite a few on the list that were un santioned. Even Canada was involved in some of them.

Weapon_R
11-05-2003, 07:55 PM
It depends entirely on the United States motives for being in that country.

The 1986 disco bombing in Berlin resulted in the U.S. airstrikes on Libyan sovereign territory that resulted in 37 deaths, including Libyan president Moammer Ghadafi's infant daughter. It is largely believed today that one of the suspects that was accused of the Berlin disco bombings was an Israeli Mossad agent. Another suspect had been working with the CIA for years.

That has got to be motive enough for the U.S. to invade a sovereign country, don't you think? :)

If anyone else is confused at the US rationale for the invasion, join the club.

sandman
11-05-2003, 07:58 PM
striaght up i jus hate them with a passion........
plz dont ban me lol

4wheeldrift
11-05-2003, 08:22 PM

That has got to be motive enough for the U.S. to invade a sovereign country, don't you think? :)And the US is the only nation in the world to do something like that? The US only gets villified because they are the most visible, there are lots of imperialist states out there that have launched invasions for far less than even that.

Weapon_R
11-05-2003, 08:34 PM
And the US is the only nation in the world to do something like that? The US only gets villified because they are the most visible, there are lots of imperialist states out there that have launched invasions for far less than even that.

The US is villified because it is a villainous nation. They are the only ones that exist today that are able to act unilaterally, without the consent of international organizations that have been incorporated for the maintenance of world peace. The United States knows this - I don't understand how you can defend a nation that knowingly attacks innocent nations and uses scapegoats to help divert international attention.

I could sit here for 10 years and write down a counter argument for anything that you can come up with glorifying the United States. A nation that removes a democratically elected leader (Chilean president Allende comes to mind) and replaces him with a revolutionary leader backed by the CIA does not deserve any sort of respect or admiration..

Btw - Allende was removed and replaced by Augusto Pinochet - Pinochet was the United States pick for the Chilean presidency. Can anyone remember what Pinochet was being charged for?

Zephyr
11-05-2003, 11:51 PM
shouldn't canada be on the list too since we "accidentally" bombed ur troops in afgahnistan blah i cant spell im a dumb american stupdent

AquamosH
11-06-2003, 12:07 AM

I could sit here for 10 years and write down a counter argument for anything that you can come up with glorifying the United States. A nation that removes a democratically elected leader (Chilean president Allende comes to mind) and replaces him with a revolutionary leader backed by the CIA does not deserve any sort of respect or admiration..

Btw - Allende was removed and replaced by Augusto Pinochet - Pinochet was the United States pick for the Chilean presidency. Can anyone remember what Pinochet was being charged for?

To think he was Allende's right-hand man too. Pinochet was a psycho. If you want to know what kind of physical and psychological torture his government imposed on people (members of my family included) just ask.

When he came back from England after they deemed him unfit for trial (or some other bs like that) he actually stood up from his wheelchair waving his arms in the air with a cane in one hand.

....ends ranting.

Weapon_R
11-06-2003, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by AquamosH

To think he was Allende's right-hand man too. Pinochet was a psycho. If you want to know what kind of physical and psychological torture his government imposed on people (members of my family included) just ask.

Go for it - I love hearing about this stuff :) I know he was on trial for mass murders and such, and was even nearly given diplomatic immunity from the crimes he committed but some sort of technicality allowed for his arrest.

AquamosH
11-06-2003, 12:31 AM
- he changed our national anthem to include the "heroic" chilean military :rolleyes: (these words have now been ommitted btw, only his supporters include them when they sing it)

- soldiers would constantly check ppls houses for communist paraphenalia

- those who were accused of being a communist would be taken prisoner and tortured, one of the prisons being our national stadium

- groups of prisoners would be flown out in choppers over the middle of the ocean and tossed out (there's a recording of Pinochet suggesting this for Allende and his family)

- to this day there are people who are unaccounted for (i.e. there's no official record of their death, so their family's don't know whether they actually survived the coup or not)

- another form of torture is prisoners would be forced to swim nude out to sea at night, then electricity would be administered to several areas of their body

- prisoners would also be hung by their fingernails as a form of torture

- some were flown over volcanoes and dropped there

4wheeldrift
11-06-2003, 07:50 AM

The US is villified because it is a villainous nation. They are the only ones that exist today that are able to act unilaterally, without the consent of international organizations that have been incorporated for the maintenance of world peace. The United States knows this - I don't understand how you can defend a nation that knowingly attacks innocent nations and uses scapegoats to help divert international attention.

Btw - Allende was removed and replaced by Augusto Pinochet - Pinochet was the United States pick for the Chilean presidency. Can anyone remember what Pinochet was being charged for? Who says I'm defending them? I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of villifying one nation for doing something A LOT of them are doing. Just because the US sucks at it and can't manage to pull off anything without getting caught doesn't mean they are the only nation playing that game.

THREE40SEVEN
11-06-2003, 09:57 AM
interesting....
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=68&ncid=68&e=2&u=/nyt/20031106/ts_nyt/iraqsaidtohavetriedtoreachlastminutedealtoavertwar

Weapon_R
11-06-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by THREE40SEVEN
interesting....
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=68&ncid=68&e=2&u=/nyt/20031106/ts_nyt/iraqsaidtohavetriedtoreachlastminutedealtoavertwar

Link doesn't work