PDA

View Full Version : Applying to UofC, late transcripts.

magicalpoop
08-02-2009, 11:25 PM
Ok well it's not actually me, it's my sister.

Anyways, long story short. She thought you send in your transcripts via UofC's oracle thing.

She never requested them from Alberta learning to send to UofC.

(I don't blame her for her situiation, as she did phone UofC admissions and they just told her to "try again". I guess she was confused with WHOM to get the transcripts from.)

Anyways, anyone know if she's screwed for this year?Or if anyone knows or has been in this situiation?

The calendar says any applications without transcripts will be void/cancelled/etc. She has just requested Alberta learning to send em in tonight , but obviously that's too late. But I wonder if she has any chance at all because August1st is not a business day. If Alberta learning can send em in by Tuesday (I assume not applications can be processed THAT fast) then she theoretically could get her application in with the rest of the pool so she doesn't try to apply AFTER the list of valid apps are made.

D'z Nutz
08-03-2009, 12:00 AM
I don't believe she's completely screwed. I'd contact the U of C as soon as you can and explain the situation. Email and call.

I knew someone who did not get her transcripts in until way past the posted deadline. She kept sending and sending and sending them in but the U of C never got them. Problem turned out that one institute was sending a transcript with a space in her last name while the other was expecting it to be without (or vice versa). It took a while to get figured out, but it eventually worked out.

Joe-G
08-03-2009, 12:11 AM
Best thing to do is give them a call, and let them know that the transcript may be late. Blame it on Alberta Learning? idk....

Im not too sure if they will hold a spot for her, but its better than not trying. At least they may put a note on her application.

InLoveWitRSX
08-03-2009, 05:09 AM
Yeah when I sent in my transcript from Alberta learning I kept checking my status and it would say that my transcript is not in, then I had to email the guy and tell him my situation and he found it and sorted it out for me, I think its Alberta learnings fault.

bashir26
08-03-2009, 08:27 AM
slightly off topic: but can i transfer from uofa to uofc for winter term?

Ebon
08-03-2009, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by bashir26
slightly off topic: but can i transfer from uofa to uofc for winter term? Only if your not transferring to Haskyane, engg, and nursing