PDA

View Full Version : looking for a fulltime job

Tiny
11-05-2003, 12:05 PM
I'm 18 years old and looking for a full time job preferably in the Southeast of Calgary. I have skills doing warehouse work such as order selecting and I also have customer service skills from working at Co-op....if anyone can help me I would be forever greatful..thankyou

Tiny
11-05-2003, 04:19 PM
can anyone help me out here?

cocoabrova
11-05-2003, 04:59 PM
Try applying @ Westfair Foods......They're always hiring, either at the Superstores or the main distribution center....

Kona9
11-05-2003, 05:20 PM
Hey man. I don't know you, but here is a good tip. I worked for a company called RICHELIEU for 5 years as a sales rep. It is the type of company that will pay attention to your work ethic and give you room for oppurtunity and advancement. The warehouse work is easy, and can be pretty fun. Good crew of guys there. Go talk to Doug Taylor ( warehouse manager ) If you are gonna be a punk and not show for shifts and such, don't bother. When you ask for him tell him Ken that used to work with John Clarke sent you. Keep in mind you gotta have a good work ethic. I don't like reccomending retards. Hopefully this helps. Pay attention to the product, and if you want to further yourself in the company the oppurtunities are there.
The address is 5211 52nd st SE

kaput
11-05-2003, 10:47 PM

Shaolin
11-05-2003, 11:48 PM
don't become a bitter lifer.. if you're 18, get your ass back in school.. you don't know how many high school friends I run into that worked after high school, your diploma doesn't mean shit now, at least do a trade or get a degree, don't work your life away in customer service.

CRX-R
11-05-2003, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Kona9
I don't like reccomending retards.
The don't recommend people you don't know :banghead:
and learn how to spell..... Richelieu sucks :thumbsdow
j/k, Doug's a great guy, but Kona's right, if you don't plan to show up for work he can turn into the bad guy. He definately expects you to work while you're there :thumbsup:

pinoyhero
11-05-2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Shaolin
don't become a bitter lifer.. if you're 18, get your ass back in school.. you don't know how many high school friends I run into that worked after high school, your diploma doesn't mean shit now, at least do a trade or get a degree, don't work your life away in customer service.

:werd:

Tiny
11-06-2003, 08:55 PM
yeah well if i had the money to go back to school i would...plus anyways i need money to pay for rent and stuff seeing as how mommy and daddy now refer to me as an adult.....plus i dont know what i would want to take ...its kind of a lost cause....anyone know of anyone hiring?

Weapon_R
11-06-2003, 10:07 PM
Are you a male or female?

Shaolin
11-06-2003, 10:42 PM
get a student loan, work part time to cover your expenses and take a couple of courses.. at least you'll be doing something instead of wasting it by working entry level jobs for god knows how long..

kaput
11-06-2003, 10:49 PM

Ben
11-06-2003, 11:37 PM
let her do her on thing, its not your life.

papasmurf
11-07-2003, 08:05 PM
Ahh I see we have some lifers here Listen to us GO TO SCHOOL take general studies to start Lifers know School is the answer go know before you have too many responsabilties and too many excuses

Tiny
11-07-2003, 09:40 PM
ok...I put the thread up because I thought someone might be hiring.......I have to make a 1000 bux a month to live on.....I can't live at home anymore because in my parents eyes I am grown up........Now if you aren't going to offer me a job or what not....please keep your opinions to yourself...thank you

CelicaST-162
11-08-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by cocoabrova
Try applying @ Westfair Foods......They're always hiring, either at the Superstores or the main distribution center....

I work at Westfair and they are looking for assemblers (warehouse work). I see new trainees every 2nd week! If you are intrested the Applications are in the mail box and the front door leading to the office...BTW Westfair is located on 72 AVE SE...after turning left from Barlow (going southbound)..I dont even know the adress!!! :dunno:

illeagle
11-08-2003, 05:35 PM
Got a class 5 licence?

Tiny
11-08-2003, 08:58 PM
i dont drive......

James
11-08-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by CRX-R

, if you don't plan to show up for work he can turn into the bad guy. He definately expects you to work while you're there :thumbsup:

What?!?!?...an employer expects you to work?!?:confused: :rolleyes:

Tiny
11-09-2003, 03:39 PM
anyone.....anyone gonna post something i want to see......

Tiny
11-12-2003, 12:27 PM
does anyone know of or do you yourself work for a place called Spherion....I applied for a shipping/receiving job and am waiting for a call back...if anyone works there please let me know what its like so I dont get myself into something I might not enjoy...thanks

ramminghard
11-12-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by illeagle
Got a class 5 licence?

I do and i need a full time job.

HillBilly
11-12-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Tiny
can anyone help me out here?

The only one that can help you, is you. Go get an education. Without an education you have little chance of building a career.

Tiny
11-12-2003, 04:59 PM
yeah well.....without first having a job...you cant live....so if someone would just kindly help me out like KONA 9 did....then I would be a little bit more satisfied

ole dsm
11-15-2003, 12:26 PM
if u wanna build houses i could set u up , starting wage is like 13 an hour , and u don't need to know shit!

xkon
11-21-2003, 11:00 PM
you have experience in shipping/receiving? hmmm i might be aqcuiring one...

fire me a resume, PM me for my email!!

nickopolis
11-22-2003, 06:22 PM
if you still need work go apply at tips i've been working there for almost a mmonth and its decent work the nice thing about it is you can prtty much pick your hours and what days you want to work.if your interested go to suite 101 macleod place 1 5920 macleod trail SW and just drop off a resume your pretty much guaranteed to be hired since the companys you willl be temping for always need ppl. hope this helps

Ben
11-22-2003, 06:37 PM
whats Tips?

nickopolis
11-22-2003, 10:53 PM
Its this placement agency for like factory jobs and stuff like that. for about a month i was working at sprung(company that builds the giant tents for the canadian and american armys) it was a sweet job. Its not a temp agency for office type jobs though. Its great for ppl who are either looking for a good fulltime job and just need something they can work while looking for it. Or like in my case a place that i can actually get half decent pay working part time while going to school. Started at 9$ and after a month they gave me a 50cent raise. Really not THAT bad of a place to work. Its nice because your pretty much guaranteed to be hired.

James
11-23-2003, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by Ben
whats Tips?

just like "manpower" or "diversified staffing".just a placement agency, when i worked at sears we had a TON of temps through tips, most of the them were complete useless morons, lol.... although some were hired on full-time at sears( very rare though).

Im in need of work now too. Really shitty time to be unemployed :(

surferbaby13
11-24-2003, 12:36 AM
Pm me . Thats if you can handle the cold, long hours, $10 an hour and you can get up early and work late. Let me know pm me or look in the phone book Enchanting Landscapes. We do snow removal in the winter and landscaping/ maintenance in the summer.
Elise

403Gemini
11-24-2003, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by kaput
I'm just curious, if your 18 and looking for full time work, why not go to school? I promise you'll never regret it, as long as you choose a program you enjoy.

i think it should be law that everybody spends 1 year outta high school in the work force... makes you want to goto school realizing you dont wanna be in a shithole for the rest of your life

lam-boy
11-24-2003, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

i think it should be law that everybody spends 1 year outta high school in the work force... makes you want to goto school realizing you dont wanna be in a shithole for the rest of your life

why do you thikn there isn't a law?

its because people will learn, if they don't then they don't.
you don't choose their future, they create it themselves.

Shaolin
11-24-2003, 08:41 AM
Too bad that alot of people are stuck working their life away at a job they don't enjoy, because they didn't go to school.. there's people i know that take a year or two off, and end up doing nothing because they "don't know what they want to do" so they decide to do nothing about it. Meanwhile they're lifering it up at a deadend job and kicking themselves for not going to school.

Originally posted by 403Gemini

surferbaby13
11-24-2003, 10:19 AM
that :bullshit:
I took two years off, and didn't go to school. Well I took one years worth of school, but realized for what I really want to do with my life i don't need to waste my time at a school. Some people don't need college or university with what they want to be. Not all of us want to be tech'ies, or doctors, lawyers, or accountants. You need to realize that some of us were just the average student and that was with putting all my effort and studying all the time. That is so narrow minded to think that way.
I know what I want. And to tell you the truth i learnt more working at different jobs than I ever did at school. Because in landscaping you learn the techniques that your boss learnt himself. And the secrets to having an awesome company. It takes skills, logical thinking and being creative. You don't learn that at school its a gift you develop either growing up or you are just the lucky one that is born with it.
So think about what you just said and besides this chick/guy is just looking for a full time. Why to pay bills. this person may not be ready to do what they want to do or know for that matter. I didn't know till I was 20. So let them be. And student loans are hard to get. You can't have the rich life cause they will see it. The funny thing is if you were out of school for two years in alberta you benefit. Because than they don't look at your parents money and bass that on how much you deserve. So if your parents are well off. They won't give you nothing. But since i took two years off from school, they gave me almost 10 grand.

Tiny
11-24-2003, 12:41 PM
Thank you surferbaby........at least someone agrees that school isn't for everyone...besides going to school wont necessarily give you a job you like doing...my dad never went to college or anything and him and my step mom have their own promotional company....making close to 75grand a year.......so it just goes to show if you have the ambition....school wont necessarily get you there