PDA

View Full Version : F1 Returns to Montreal in 2010

AaronK
08-04-2009, 10:22 AM
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2009/08/04/sp-f1-montreal.html

"Bernie Ecclestone, the head of Formula One, said on Tuesday that an agreement in principle has been reached to have F1 return to Montreal in 2010."

I'm gonna be there, I'll tell ya that much!

Xtrema
08-04-2009, 10:31 AM
:clap:

Not going to take it for granted any more.

Too bad no many manufacturers left next season with BMW out and Mercedes about to leave .... :cry:

Trini
08-04-2009, 11:24 AM
I'll be there:clap: :clap:

bituerbo
08-04-2009, 11:40 AM
SO MUCH WIN!
Parents live in Ottawa, and I left one of my cars with my Dad when I moved. Cheap WJ flight and weekend pass is all I'll be needing.

AaronK
08-04-2009, 11:58 AM
Apparently the Montreal Mayor has yet to agree to the deal though, so lets hope that he does!

98type_r
08-04-2009, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by AaronK
Apparently the Montreal Mayor has yet to agree to the deal though, so lets hope that he does!

just a matter of time. There was such an uproar when they pulled out, they'll be glad to have them back.

DJ Lazy
08-04-2009, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
and Mercedes about to leave .... :cry:

link? source?

vtec4life
08-04-2009, 01:08 PM
I wonder if F1 is getting scared they're going to start losing a lot of money so they went to Montreal begging for forgiveness:poosie: ?

AaronK
08-04-2009, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by vtec4life
I wonder if F1 is getting scared they're going to start losing a lot of money so they went to Montreal begging for forgiveness:poosie: ?

It's either that or they just want the 175 million that they asked Montreal for in order to host the race. Either way, it would mean big money for the F1 but also the race would generate a huge income.

rage2
08-04-2009, 03:08 PM
Even if they only have nobody show up at the track like at Turkey (only 20,000 showed up?), F1/FOM get paid.

They don't need to beg anyone to come back. That's why we've lost all the classic tracks, because they can't afford to pay the retarded numbers that F1 wants. That's why we have all these middle eastern tracks now, cuz they're RICH BITCH!

If F1 is REALLY coming back, they need to fix the track, especially now that we have slicks and way more low speed grip. The track torn apart in the slow sections with grooved tires, it's gonna be way worse with slicks. It was kinda embarassing to see that, and just ruins the racing.

vtec4life
08-04-2009, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by rage2

Even if they only have nobody show up at the track like at Turkey (only 20,000 showed up?), F1/FOM get paid.

They don't need to beg anyone to come back. That's why we've lost all the classic tracks, because they can't afford to pay the retarded numbers that F1 wants. That's why we have all these middle eastern tracks now, cuz they're RICH BITCH!

If F1 is REALLY coming back, they need to fix the track, especially now that we have slicks and way more low speed grip. The track torn apart in the slow sections with grooved tires, it's gonna be way worse with slicks. It was kinda embarassing to see that, and just ruins the racing.

I understand the reason F1 cut Montreal was because they could not afford to pay the money they wanted and the track was in poor condition, but that was before teams started pulling out was it not? (correct me if im wrong).

Why would they decide to go back to Montreal and see if they can work things out if they're so ballin outta control that they told our francophone neighbours to fist themselves not too long ago. Unless it was Montreal that has been trying this whole time to negotiate a deal :dunno: I'm just curious

rage2
08-04-2009, 03:56 PM
I understand the reason F1 cut Montreal was because they could not afford to pay the money they wanted and the track was in poor condition, but that was before teams started pulling out was it not? (correct me if im wrong).
Correct.

Why would they decide to go back to Montreal and see if they can work things out if they're so ballin outta control that they told our francophone neighbours to fist themselves not too long ago. Unless it was Montreal that has been trying this whole time to negotiate a deal :dunno: I'm just curious
It would most likely be Montreal trying to negotiate a deal. Like I said, F1 has enough rich countries that want to pay the top dollars to host a GP at a loss, so F1 doesn't care that there's no Canadian GP.

Xtrema
08-04-2009, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by DJ Lazy

link? source?

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090731111142.shtml

Rumors... nothing solid.

vtec4life
08-04-2009, 04:10 PM

It would most likely be Montreal trying to negotiate a deal. Like I said, F1 has enough rich countries that want to pay the top dollars to host a GP at a loss, so F1 doesn't care that there's no Canadian GP.

Fair enough... So you are really not worried about the future of Formula 1 ?

Team_Mclaren
08-04-2009, 08:13 PM
^^ whats there to worry about? the new Concorde Agreement is signed through 2012. Various team owners completing for the new spots to race. Multiple new tracks are set to race in the up coming years. FOM is balling out of control.

Sure the teams would like to see races taken place in north america, because that's a huge market, but FOM doesnt give a shit what the team thinks.

The only thing that you'll see is less manufacturer backed teams (BMW, Honda for exampled).

Cos
08-04-2009, 08:23 PM
my FB status today:

Cos.... is excited to see F1 return to Montreal. Saving the pennies for that. Hopefully it is still the same F1 I love

Chandler_Racing
08-04-2009, 08:29 PM
In the event next year has a decent field, I will be booking my flights / tickets / hotel / transit pass combo ASAP.

Trini
08-04-2009, 09:41 PM
hmm will have to decide on which seats to purchase.

Chris Elyea
08-05-2009, 07:23 AM
Not a big fan of using my tax dollars to bring back the Race. Bernie already has so much money and I have so little.

I had heard the manufacturers complaining about the loss of the U.S. GP (back in 1982 they actually had 3 - Long Beach, Detroit, and Las Vegas) because it's such an important market. Now with the global recession, it's no surprise the manufacturers are dropping out. We seem to be headed for a "garagiste" Renaissance, where once again we have dedicated F1 constructor teams filling the grid instead of manufacturers. It's happened before and F1 rolled on.

AaronK
08-07-2009, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Chris Elyea
It's happened before and F1 rolled on.

Very true, and I'm sure they will pull through it again. I personally would love to see the Montreal race back in action, but they will need to do some heavy work on the track. :burnout:

H4LFY2nR
08-07-2009, 05:29 PM
Don't get too excited just yet....

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090804182325.shtml

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/City+driver+seat+return/1860524/story.html

http://www.thestar.com/sports/autoracing/article/676288

Trini
08-07-2009, 10:10 PM
^I can't see the city not going along with it..it's almost a guaranteed sell out, the amount of revenue it brings in.

*fingers crossed*

Chris Elyea
08-08-2009, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Trini
^I can't see the city not going along with it..it's almost a guaranteed sell out, the amount of revenue it brings in.

The amount of revenue it brings in? Are you kidding me?! Even Bernie admits nobody ever makes money holding a GP. There's only one reason you hold a GP - for prestige. It's like the Olympics - except even they get a cut of the commercial revenue, which for F1 is all Bernie's.

Now, if your opinion is that the feds would just waste our tax dollars on something less entertaining if they didn't do this, then I'm on board with you!

Mibz
08-08-2009, 12:04 PM

The amount of revenue it brings in? Are you kidding me?! Even Bernie admits nobody ever makes money holding a GP. There's only one reason you hold a GP - for prestige. It's like the Olympics - except even they get a cut of the commercial revenue, which for F1 is all Bernie's.

Now, if your opinion is that the feds would just waste our tax dollars on something less entertaining if they didn't do this, then I'm on board with you! Wurd, that's why we're losing a lot of classic tracks, they just can't afford to continually operate at a loss. I'm not sure Montreal can afford to fix the track AND host it but, then again, I imagine it'll be Quebec's tax dollars, not mine.

Chris Elyea
08-08-2009, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
I imagine it'll be Quebec's tax dollars, not mine.

You have a good imagination! Not to worry, the first $50 of your money is on me. Winning votes in Quebec is critical to winning a majority government in Ottawa, so the feds will kick in. They have before and are cooperating on the latest effort, as described in this news article:

Chronology of the Montreal Grand Prix from 2003 to present (http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/Formula+Montreal+timeline/1859644/story.html)

H4LFY2nR
08-08-2009, 01:20 PM
^Yeah it seems like a pretty inefficient way to give local businesses money. Pay $175M for a $75M injection into the economy.

But I really hope it comes back :D

Mibz
08-08-2009, 01:53 PM
You have a good imagination! Not to worry, the first $50 of your money is on me. Hahaha, well played.

Trini
08-08-2009, 11:06 PM

Now, if your opinion is that the feds would just waste our tax dollars on something less entertaining if they didn't do this, then I'm on board with you!

so local hotels etc don't make $ ?

Chris Elyea
08-10-2009, 09:00 AM
Sorry, yes, boatloads of revenue are made. Revenue is not profit. Total expenses are much, much higher than total revenue, so it's a net loss.

If I were running a local hotel or restaurant, I'd be all over the government to fund the GP to generate business for me and "get some of my tax dollars back." But it would be cheaper for all of us if the government just gave the local businesses money directly and didn't give Bernie a cut (i.e. no GP). Of course that wouldn't go over well politically.

To be fair, I believe local businesses have been contributing to the city's fund for the GP. I commend them for this because they are participating, not just sitting there asking for handouts.

Chris Elyea
08-13-2009, 02:18 PM
Montreal mayor says there is a tentative deal (http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/story/?id=287597)

All that means is they don't have a deal yet! Bernie is notorious for turning the screws at the last moment, so we'll see.

H4LFY2nR
08-14-2009, 01:13 AM
^ looks like $75M/year for 5 years. But I wonder what extras Eccelstone is getting in return for the price drop....

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090813142214.shtml

Trini
09-14-2009, 12:30 PM
http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-canadian-grand-prix-to-return-in-2010-promoter/

Eleanor
09-16-2009, 12:26 PM
Hopefully this pans out, it'll be great to see Jacques racing on home turf again :D

ryanallan
09-16-2009, 10:03 PM
apparently just confirmed !!
now to fix the track

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/09/16/return-of-the-prix-f1-confirmed-back-in-canada-for-2010/

That.Guy.S30
09-16-2009, 10:10 PM
fuckin sweet.. i wonder when the tickets will be for sale.

Trini
09-17-2009, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs
fuckin sweet.. i wonder when the tickets will be for sale.

I know some of the F1 tour sites have their packages up already
I've seen from $1200 go up for the packages.

That.Guy.S30
09-17-2009, 11:33 PM

I know some of the F1 tour sites have their packages up already
I've seen from $1200 go up for the packages.

which sites?
the only site i go on is formula1.com

Cos
09-18-2009, 06:57 AM
^^ GP tours is good

Trini
09-18-2009, 08:35 AM
these guys as well

http://www.formulatours.com

That.Guy.S30
09-21-2009, 10:25 PM
^^ are these websites reliable? i dont want to book everything only to find out i got scammed.. lol

Trini
09-22-2009, 09:11 AM
^ good question.

how much do tickets for Montreal go for usually?
They haven't gone on sale as yet from what I understand.

FiveFreshFish
09-22-2009, 11:10 AM
how much do tickets for Montreal go for usually?
They haven't gone on sale as yet from what I understand.

As for 2008, here are the prices on my ticket stubs:

$68 Fri
$88 Sat
$239 Sun

Our seats were in Grandstand 24.

Trini
09-22-2009, 11:22 AM
^Thanks..I'm also considering that section 24.
How was the view?
I've read positive things about there so far.

FiveFreshFish
09-22-2009, 12:07 PM
The section has a great view of the hairpin.
http://i37.tinypic.com/2n6653k.jpg

Sorry, all my good pics are on another hard drive at my buddy's place.

That.Guy.S30
09-22-2009, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

As for 2008, here are the prices on my ticket stubs:

$68 Fri
$88 Sat
$239 Sun

Our seats were in Grandstand 24.

where did u get your tickets?
is grandstand silver or gold tickets? sorry dont know what is what

Chris Elyea
11-27-2009, 06:34 AM
Details of 5-year Canadian GP deal to be released today! (http://www.cbc.ca/canada/montreal/story/2009/11/26/f1-details-friday.html)

Trini
11-27-2009, 02:44 PM
yup it's a done deal

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/montreal/story/2009/11/27/montreal-grand-prix.html

DJ Lazy
11-30-2009, 06:19 PM
Good news indeed!:thumbsup:

Trini
12-17-2009, 09:46 AM
tickets on sale guys
https://www.circuitgillesvilleneuve.ca/grandprix-en/
and a number of other sites

Mibz
12-17-2009, 09:57 AM
I'm thinking Grandstand 11 or 12.

Trini
12-17-2009, 10:09 AM
I may go with 24

Trini
12-17-2009, 03:32 PM
http://www.flagworld.com/news/?p=29537

Octane Racing Group is pleased to announce that as of today, Wednesday December 16, tickets for the 2010 FORMULA 1 CANADIAN GRAND PRIX are now on sale. As previously announced, those who wish to attend the FIA Formula One World Championship round which will take place June 11-13, 2010 at Parc Jean Drapeau’s Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, will be able to order tickets on a first come, first serve basis. Fans should contact the ticket office without delay as the best seats in house are in high demand. ”Since it was announced that Formula One is returning to Montreal in 2010, we have been able to measure the level of enthusiasm raised by F1 with the number of people who have registered on-line to book tickets during the past two weeks, as well as the number of orders received by fax at our Montreal offices,” explained François Dumontier, President of Octane Racing Group. “However, as previously stated, we are going to honour the promise made to our 2008 ticket holders who will receive priority treatment. We also want to thank all the new fans who have shown a desire to enjoy the FORMULA 1 CANADIAN GRAND PRIX experience this coming June.” Fans can contact personnel at the ticket office from Monday to Friday between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., except December 25 and January 1st, by calling 514 350-0000. They can also order online anytime at www.circuitgillesvilleneuve.ca. Event organizers will first fill order requests from 2008 ticket holders who have until January 15, 2010 to reorder tickets to attend the 2010 FORMULA 1 CANADIAN GRAND PRIX. Following this, ticket requests received since November 30, and all those who contact the ticket offices as of now, will be accommodated on a first come, first served basis, whether they have ordered tickets by mail, fax, phone or online. Those who have already contacted the ticket office and those who will as of now, will be able to speak directly to one of our attendants in order to book their tickets. Corporate packages are now on sale at the same 2008 prices The event organizers also have great news for corporations and race fans that wish to buy corporate packages to attend the 2010 FORMULA 1 CANADIAN GRAND PRIX. Corporate packages, like grandstand tickets, are on sale at 2008 prices. Corporate packages offer group (private suites) or individual (full or partial tables suites) tickets in three different types of corporate suites that are located between the start/finish line and the corner one turns. The corporate suites are beautifully decorated and packages include on site admission, drinks, and meals, closed-circuit television, the official program, free shuttle service, and many more benefits. Seating in corporate suites offers fans the best of the on-track action in one of the most exciting part of Circuit Gilles Villeneuve. To learn more on the different corporate packages available or to make reservations, contact Julie Rioux-Paquette or Marie-Claude Boucher at 514-350-4731 or order the Grand Prix brochure on line at www.circuitgillesvilleneuve.ca. Always a popular option, corporate packages for the 2010 FORMULA 1 CANADIAN GRAND PRIX are being sold rapidly. A Canadian company based in Montreal, Octane Racing Group Inc. is the promoter of the FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX OF CANADA following an agreement reached earlier this year with Formula One Administration limited and Formula One World Championship Limited (together the F1 Commercial Rights Holder). source: Octane Racing Group

redmethods
12-17-2009, 05:02 PM
I may go with 24

X2
15 & 21 looks good also.

Trini
12-18-2009, 11:34 AM
well I went with 24.

3 days came up to $405 with taxes etc.

So I guess around the 15th Jan. I'll know if I indeed got tickets or not.
Hopefully I do as I put in my order early yesterday.

It's a first come first serve arrangement.

I had called their ticket office, the lady said they're real busy.

rage2
12-18-2009, 02:20 PM
Does anyone want to join me in the McLaren or Mercedes guests areas? The tickets are pricey but worth it. Open bar, and photo ops with the drivers.

redmethods
12-18-2009, 03:25 PM
Does anyone want to join me in the McLaren or Mercedes guests areas? The tickets are pricey but worth it. Open bar, and photo ops with the drivers.

Price?

Mibz
12-18-2009, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by redmethods

Price? More than you can afford pal, McLaren.
*Rev*

rage2
12-18-2009, 06:33 PM
Prob around 2500-3000 for 1 ticket, but you get a discounted hotel rate at the Hilton for like $300/night instead of $500.

The seats are awesome. They're covered so no rain or sun in your face. Right in front of the pit lane across from grandstand 1 and 2.

You also get pit walk access (restricted to these $$ tickets) so you can get driver's autographs during the pit walk autograph session.

Chris Elyea
12-19-2009, 03:23 PM
Prob around 2500-3000 for 1 ticket, but you get a discounted hotel rate at the Hilton for like $300/night instead of $500.

The seats are awesome. They're covered so no rain or sun in your face. Right in front of the pit lane across from grandstand 1 and 2.

You also get pit walk access (restricted to these $$ tickets) so you can get driver's autographs during the pit walk autograph session. Only if you'll hire me to carry your bags. I could set out your clothes, too. "The Rocket Red T-shirt again today, Mr. Rage? Excellent choice, sir!"

revelations
12-19-2009, 04:55 PM

You also get pit walk access (restricted to these $$ tickets) so you can get driver's autographs during the pit walk autograph session.

:bowdown:

Maybe if my stocks go up 10,000%.. but there is always hope!

Trini
01-18-2010, 11:44 AM
got my tickets
grand stand 24

malbadon
01-20-2010, 10:48 PM
well, I'm in grandstand 11, at least the internetz took my money. But they haven't told me where yet :)

Trini
01-21-2010, 09:30 AM
^ you can call them and give your credit card # and they will tell you where you are seated provided you purchased them off the circuit web site.
I think tickets will be mailed in April.

Xtrema
01-22-2010, 07:39 PM
jwUwykydHWs

rage2
01-22-2010, 07:41 PM
haha wicked video. CAR!

Redlyne_jr
01-23-2010, 12:22 AM
redbull has become such a cool company they sponsor so many awesome sports and have really cool videos.. :D

DJ Lazy
01-23-2010, 03:59 PM
That is a sweet video!! :thumbsup:

Destinova403
01-28-2010, 02:07 PM
Got my tickets... going with my dad. Grandstand 34... seems to be pretty good from the maps.

pretty pumped... itll be my first F1 race.

Revhard
01-28-2010, 05:33 PM
Good for them. I'll cheer for them to win in Montreal for sure.
I agree with them setting themselves apart form the norm.:thumbsup:

malbadon
05-06-2010, 10:26 PM
got our tickets in the mail last week.
Now its real for sure! :)

BerserkerCatSplat
05-28-2010, 12:01 PM
In case anyone happens to be looking for a set for below-face, there's a guy on FG looking to get rid of his Montreal tickets.

http://forums.finalgear.com/formula-1/know-anyone-needing-tickets-for-the-canadian-grand-prix-44092/

malbadon
05-29-2010, 03:41 PM
Wife broke her foot last weekend. Getting around is going to be a whole lot more interesting now :)

malbadon
06-06-2010, 03:38 PM
Malbadon update:
It is currently 13 with a light drizzle all day. Compared to the weather we've had in Calgary, lets face it, its freakin`gorgeous. Was out in a t-shirt and jeans.
Weather forecast is calling for a continually warming week leading to high 20`s and thundershowers for qualifying. Chance of showers for the race. :thumbsup:

Also, this city is in absolutely no way designed for someone on crutches :thumbsdow

Mibz
06-11-2010, 09:13 AM
Qualifying and Race at Rage's.

Cos
06-11-2010, 09:26 AM
Qualifying and Race at Rage's.

FYI

Quali = Saturday @ 11
Race = Sunday @ 10

rage2
06-11-2010, 09:53 AM
FP3 - 8:00am
Quali - 11:00am
Pre-Race - Sunday 9:00am
Race - 10:00am

Cos
06-11-2010, 10:00 AM
FP3 - 8:00am
Quali - 11:00am
Pre-Race - Sunday 9:00am
Race - 10:00am

My bad, see you at 9 both days.

What you want me to bring, beer/food etc. I usually forget so I think it is my turn.

rage2
06-11-2010, 10:38 AM
FP3 is over at 9, might wanna show up earlier for that on Saturday morning.

Don't bring anything, I'm the host. We'll head out for breakfast after FP3 in Crowfoot, then get back in time for Quali.

Cos
06-11-2010, 12:17 PM
FP3 is over at 9, might wanna show up earlier for that on Saturday morning.

Don't bring anything, I'm the host. We'll head out for breakfast after FP3 in Crowfoot, then get back in time for Quali.

sounds good. Be there around 7:30/7:45.

I'll bring some tim hortons as I am going to need it anyways.

boarderfatty
06-11-2010, 03:36 PM
Got Grand Stand 1 Section 6 row E right across from Hamilton and Button garages and pits

So far today the rain held off which was nice though I wouldn't mind using the VMM umbrella I bought lol. I personally thought that the Historical F1 race this afternoon made the day, all the classic and unique old F1 cars from the 70's, sooo cool.

malbadon
06-11-2010, 05:07 PM
GS11 right behind the damned tree. Definitely the cherry sitting spots for GS11 are only sections 1 to 5. If you get 6-8 the trees will hamper your line of sight.

Why hasn't some helpful...er I mean evil non-treehugger, snuck onto the ground and girdle those things so they have to chop them down?

Oh well still got some nice views. I though the Formula 1800 guys were a riot, quite racy even in practice.

malbadon
06-11-2010, 05:21 PM
Oh and it is one HELL of a hike with crutches. Wife is wiped. Track guys made a distinct effort of averting their eyes every time they drove past us on a golf cart along the walkways. Did get the best comment ever from the guy at the main track Customer Service office when I asked if they did a golfcart for people with mobility problems.
"no cause then everyone would want to take it".

Just continues my overall observation of Montreal and Quebec City, if you break your foot they treat you like you should be put down. Heaven forbid you ever get old enough to get a scooter, I don't know where those people go when they get old here, but its not outside.

rob the knob
06-13-2010, 11:40 AM
exciting race
shumacher very dirty driver

go mclaren and hamilton!:thumbsup:

chandhok finish race running

waiting to see problem with vettel. car stop soon after finish line.

rage2
06-13-2010, 11:47 AM
What a race! Can't complain about that at all. McLaren!!!!!!

That.Guy.S30
06-13-2010, 11:48 AM
bhaha alonso's reaction cracks me up.. poor alonso and his 3rd place lol

ottamania
06-13-2010, 12:24 PM
i still dunno how he gave his position to button. good race tho. too bad for webber.

MSC is for sure dirty driver.

DJ Lazy
06-13-2010, 12:53 PM
McLaren 1-2 biatch!!!! :clap:

Mibz
06-13-2010, 03:52 PM
http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/6205071/Massa-penalised-Schu-escapes

- Kubica reprimanded for his stunt with Sutil
- Alguersuari reprimanded for his collision with Barrichello early in the race
- Nobody penalized for Schu vs Massa incident, however;
- Massa penalized 20 seconds for speeding in pit lane when he had to get his front wing replaced.

Chris Elyea
06-13-2010, 08:56 PM
http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/6205071/Massa-penalised-Schu-escapes

- Kubica reprimanded for his stunt with Sutil
- Alguersuari reprimanded for his collision with Barrichello early in the race
- Nobody penalized for Schu vs Massa incident, however;
- Massa penalized 20 seconds for speeding in pit lane when he had to get his front wing replaced.

Frackin' MS should try NASCAR, he's more than ready. He could sign up for the Nationwide race in Montreal in August and race against JV.

Cos
06-14-2010, 07:41 AM
Amazing race, except I had to watch the Fox feed and it was way way worse than speed. I will never complain about speed again.

cycosis
06-14-2010, 10:03 AM
^ Downloaded it and could only find the fox version too. Fuck the announcers are bad. They went aon and on and on about the difference between the hard and soft compound for half the race!

cloud7
06-14-2010, 11:25 AM
I downloaded the FOX version as well, but haven't had a chance to watch it. Are they the same crew as Speed?

BBC FTW. Love their pre- and post-race coverage.