PDA

View Full Version : Matrix Revolutions -- So what did you think? Reviews? Comments?

Pages : 1 [2]

403Gemini
11-11-2003, 03:55 PM
granted its not bad for whats out there... but that doesnt say a lot. there is a lot of shit out there... 95% of the movies produced now are shit.

but still, how the fuck can he have powers in the real world? THIS ISNT MAKING SENSE. nobody has a REAL answer, everybody has guesses but no answers.

Sure hes "the one" but before the second renassaince... there was no "ONE" why was this "ONE" all of a sudden derived once they were foced into the matrix? when the war was lost? what a joke! there was never a prophecy before the machines won the war. was it just a story for people to hold onto? sure you coulda passed it as that... but a person with a connection to machine? common who are they tryign to fool?

thats EXACTALLY like saying, there is at least ONE person on this forum with the powers of "THE ONE"... you cant explain it, yet you cant prove/disprove it. fact is the W. brothers wanted to keep it close to science... yet they cant scientifically tell us how this happens? Khyron's right, total cop out if you ask me. They got greedy, and didnt plan out their 2nd/3rd movie's as well as they thought out the 1st one. I just watched matrix revisited. they put A LOT of effort into it.... and now they just rely on CGi... fuck i hate the movie industry, when will they learn computer animation fuckin blows (yes i think final fantasy movie was quite possibly one of the WORST movies ever made... what bullshit.)

Mr_John
11-11-2003, 04:28 PM
^^^
I thought the computer animation was pretty good in the Matrix series. Plus it wasnt ALL Computer animation, like in Reloaded, the highway car chase scene was all real. that must've cost a lot of money plus time to do. Very dangerous as well.

The W brothers did what I think they wanted to do, they made a movie that "everyone" would be talking about over the next few years (because nobody will ever understand the WHOLE movie), they made their fair share of money, and now the movie will become a classic.
I loved the story line, made me think and everything is still somewhat confusing but, IMO well made movie.

403Gemini
11-11-2003, 04:42 PM
the car chase scene is quite possibly one of the best scenes in movie history no doubt about it, but the only thing they accomplished about people talking about this movie is how great the 1st one was and how revolutionizing its technology was.

googe
11-11-2003, 06:34 PM
k jeff, and whoever else that was, i must completely disagree with you about how they got rid of smith. it was what the other guy said. about balance. they foreshadowed this ALOT in the movie, what do you think the point of that little girl was? "every program must have a purpose, or else it gets deleted", also "he is your opposite, everything in the matrix must have balance"

do you notice how as neo's character developed, so did smith? smith was the 'equal and opposite reaction' of neo. in the first one, neo wasnt as powerful, neither was smith. by the end, the whole matrix was smith, and that was the countering force against neos strength. neither of them could have ever beat each other because they were a perfect balance, like everything in the matrix. i picked up on that early and said neo has to die, because that is the only thing that will destroy smith. if neo doesnt exist, smith has no countering force, thus he will be deleted...and thats what happened, thats why neo told the big machine god thing that he could stop it, he understood enough about the matrix by then. if all it took was a virus, the machine could have used any of the other people in the matrix to plan a virus on. that wouldnt make sense at all.

funny you rant at everyone and call them stupid for not getting the movie when you yourself missed that :D

yeah, im not sure if i liked it. galvatron had the best ending, i think there were alot of plot holes. i agree with kyron, "because he was the one" was used as a cop out too much. if they were trying to convey the message about overcoming artificial boundaries that are an illusion created by society and such, they should have not referred to neo as a legendary divine being, because that makes the message self defeating. they should have made it clear that it doesnt take a divine being, because that just reinforces that we are NOT capable of overcoming this boundaries, because only someone superhuman could. maybe if it was later revealed that other people could fight things in such a way too, but i dont think they intended this. neo could do it because he was "the one", not because he "put his mind to it".

btw, that glowing cross emitting from his body was totally blatant, no coincidence there. funny thing, there are numerous biblical references, but they are not actually consistent with the bible at all, just when you think you can pick out a metaphor, its shot down 3 different ways. i dont know why they made so many references, either they were just playing around, or theres a deeper correlation there...

Shaolin
11-11-2003, 06:40 PM
only part of the movie i didn't understand was what was the significance of the little girl.. is she the next "one" ?? like wtf?

Wildcat
11-11-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Shaolin
only part of the movie i didn't understand was what was the significance of the little girl.. is she the next "one" ?? like wtf?

the little girl was a program that was smuggled into the matrix via the train master (who works for the merylvengian). her parent programs worked out a deal with the french man to get her into the matrix because she didnt have a definite purpose (and would be deleted). so she was taken into the care of oracle like many of the other children (remember the first movie? all those kids? all exiled programs).

googe
11-11-2003, 06:53 PM

the girl was very important to convey the point that nothing in the matrix can survive if it doesnt have a purpose. that was a good way of doing it, i think anything else would have been a little too obvious. she seemed to be able to do other things, so she is possibly had additional meaning, but her whole introduction, and the introduction to the channel between the matrix and the world, took place for the girls father to say to neo, "if something in the matrix has no purpose, it is deleted". that is the whole reason they were sending the girl on the train.

GTS Jeff
11-11-2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Akagi Redsuns
My main gripe with the trilogy is that at the end nothing is solved. I thought they were supposed to save humanity by exposing what the "The Matrix" was to and to fee humanity. In the first movie it was never about ONLY saving Zion and no one else.

and AGAIN ill say this. revolutions is NOT the end of the story.

Originally posted by accordboi_02
My biggest problem with the whole thing is about how the people in the previous Zions never made note that they were decimated by the machines... were they too busy raving or what????

everybody was killed in the 5 previous attacks on zion, there was simply no one around to keep a record,

Originally posted by 403Gemini
but still, how the fuck can he have powers in the real world? THIS ISNT MAKING SENSE. nobody has a REAL answer, everybody has guesses but no answers.

Sure hes "the one" but before the second renassaince... there was no "ONE" why was this "ONE" all of a sudden derived once they were foced into the matrix? when the war was lost? what a joke! there was never a prophecy before the machines won the war.

actually ive seen revolutions twice and i still dont really understand where neos powers come from. ill burn revolutions tonight and see what i come up with.

as for your 2nd question, the reason there was no "the one" because there was no matrix.

Originally posted by googe
k jeff, and whoever else that was, i must completely disagree with you about how they got rid of smith. it was what the other guy said. about balance. ....

ummm i never once said anything to counter what u said about how they got rid of smith. i find your explanation to be very satisfactory in fact. the point about how smith and neo both got stronger at the same time is awesome.

the girl was very important to convey the point that nothing in the matrix can survive if it doesnt have a purpose. that was a good way of doing it, i think anything else would have been a little too obvious. she seemed to be able to do other things, so she is possibly had additional meaning, but her whole introduction, and the introduction to the channel between the matrix and the world, took place for the girls father to say to neo, "if something in the matrix has no purpose, it is deleted". that is the whole reason they were sending the girl on the train. actually the girl was being smuggled INTO the matrix from the SOURCE. programs that dont have a purpose in the source (not the matrix) are slated for deletion.

googe
11-11-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff

ummm i never once said anything to counter what u said about how they got rid of smith. i find your explanation to be very satisfactory in fact. the point about how smith and neo both got stronger at the same time is awesome.

Ok, Im too lazy to go back and read what was said, I thought you and someone else had said that they got rid of smith by allowing the machine to use neo to infect smith. If you didnt mean or say that, nevermind I guess :D

actually the girl was being smuggled INTO the matrix from the SOURCE. programs that dont have a purpose in the source (not the matrix) are slated for deletion.

hm, that leaves me wondering then. where was the girl conceived? i thought both of her parents were from the matrix. neo said he saw the man in the matrix right? that whole scene, the part about programs not having a purpose being deleted, must have been referring to something, because they went out of the way of the plot to make that very clear.

i dont get how neo ended up there at all though.

Shaolin
11-11-2003, 07:54 PM
dam, i guess i should've paid more attention, they mentioned the theme of purpose so many freaken times.

Shaolin
11-11-2003, 08:06 PM
OK, well obviously you guys paid more attention to the movie than I did.. how did the little girl create the sunset for Neo? :confused:

GTS Jeff
11-11-2003, 10:50 PM

Ok, Im too lazy to go back and read what was said, I thought you and someone else had said that they got rid of smith by allowing the machine to use neo to infect smith. If you didnt mean or say that, nevermind I guess :D

hm, that leaves me wondering then. where was the girl conceived? i thought both of her parents were from the matrix. neo said he saw the man in the matrix right? that whole scene, the part about programs not having a purpose being deleted, must have been referring to something, because they went out of the way of the plot to make that very clear.

i dont get how neo ended up there at all though.

well i did say that bit about neo being a carrier for the machines antivirus, and i dont see how that conflicts with the balance thing, since both programs are destroyed (i think neos human body is still alive, but not his program).

and yes programs without purpose are deleted, unless they choose to hide in the matrix. the oracle talked about this in reloaded. sati was conceived in the source by her parents, but they realized that "oh shit we made a baby and its gona get deleted since it has no purpose." neo saw them (the parents) in the matrix only temporarily at the merovingians restaurant cuz they were there to bargain with the merovingian for sati's smuggling.

i dont really know how neo got to the train station either, so i think ill watch reloaded and revolutions back to back and see if they leave some clues...

OK, well obviously you guys paid more attention to the movie than I did.. how did the little girl create the sunset for Neo? :confused:

the same way the binary twins could move thru shit, the same way the oracle can see the future, the same way the freaky bald kid in the first movie did the "there is no spoon" thing......they arent human, so they can do superhuman things. they are merely exiled programs with abilities that humans dont have. the story never explained sati's "superpowers" but i guess one of them is creating massive sunrises.

in conclusion,
THE MATRIX HAS YOU

Khyron
11-12-2003, 12:21 AM
So how come Zion, having those super defensive EMP weapons on every ship has NONE, zip, zilch on it's actual base defence? Or around the outside perimeter?

How come the 6 bazillion sentinels always rush the 13 Mech defenders, but turn away at the last second only to fly around in circles being target practice?

How come noone knows how to sew?

Khyron

Wildcat
11-12-2003, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by Khyron
So how come Zion, having those super defensive EMP weapons on every ship has NONE, zip, zilch on it's actual base defence? Or around the outside perimeter?

How come the 6 bazillion sentinels always rush the 13 Mech defenders, but turn away at the last second only to fly around in circles being target practice?

Khyron

1) cause the EMP would have shut down their base defence as well. did you watch the movie??
2)the sentinels flew around cause theyre pussies.
3)i dont understand your last question.

Primer_Drift
11-12-2003, 01:02 AM

Khyron

A better question is.. why are they all wearing THE SAME DAMN SWEATER only in different colors and some more rippy than others..

max_boost
11-12-2003, 01:16 AM
So is Merovingian the Mafia boss in the Matrix? Is Merv an exiled program as well?

Wildcat
11-12-2003, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
So is Merovingian the Mafia boss in the Matrix? Is Merv an exiled program as well?

Yes and Yes

GTS Jeff
11-12-2003, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Primer_Drift

A better question is.. why are they all wearing THE SAME DAMN SWEATER only in different colors and some more rippy than others.. cuz they dont exactly have cotton fields to harvest and plants to extract dyes from. the sweaters are ripped cuz theyre old.

and they dont always wear sweaters. didnt u see that hot scarf halter top thing that trinity was wearing to the rave in reloaded? fuck u 1 time viewing shitheads. haha jk ;)

Khyron
11-12-2003, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by Wildcat
[B]

1) cause the EMP would have shut down their base defence as well. did you watch the movie??

K, when you have a weapon that wipes out machines as effectively as an EMP, you keep some around and use them AS the base defence. You don't say "Well we have this really good weapon, but it's boring so let's use an impractical one". If you can use it on your ships, why are they non existant in the base? Let's use bazookas instead. You really don't see the absurdity?

Khyron

Khyron
11-12-2003, 01:59 AM
http://maddox.xmission.com/matrix_question_tot1.gif

:rofl: http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=matrix3

Khyron

Primer_Drift
11-12-2003, 02:28 AM
and they dont always wear sweaters. didnt u see that hot scarf halter top thing that trinity was wearing to the rave in reloaded? fuck u 1 time viewing shitheads. haha jk ;)
Meh this is revolutions we're talkin bout here.. Next time u watch it.. check the scene when the peeps from the ships are all together. I swear they all shop from Zion-gap or somethin, same shirt 20 different colors to chose from. Hope they do a parady of this one too for some award show..

Wildcat
11-12-2003, 02:40 AM

K, when you have a weapon that wipes out machines as effectively as an EMP, you keep some around and use them AS the base defence. You don't say "Well we have this really good weapon, but it's boring so let's use an impractical one". If you can use it on your ships, why are they non existant in the base? Let's use bazookas instead. You really don't see the absurdity?

Khyron

you see there really is such a thing as EMP, military units use it to take out survelience etc. what else would be a better and more efficient way of taking out a bunch of machines trying to kill you? if they used an emp around the base it would render them defenseless for another attack. The guns and shit was meant as a last defense against the machines. the orignal idea was for the ships to fire off thier emp at certain locations when the machines invaded. but then bane fucked that original plan up remember?

Primer_Drift
11-12-2003, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by Wildcat

you see there really is such a thing as EMP, military units use it to take out survelience etc. what else would be a better and more efficient way of taking out a bunch of machines trying to kill you? if they used an emp around the base it would render them defenseless for another attack.

Just thought this was kinda stupid.. EMP taking out everything.. Geez do you think the superpowers of the REAL world havent thought about this?? Most IC's during the cold war were replaced with something along the lines of vacuum tubes (not exactly sure what with) so they were not affected as much by the emp of a high altitude nuclear detonation. So what I am wondering is.. why would they build a weapon they know will knock out machines, but not take steps to avoid losing their own defenses.. I know its just a movie.. but common sense here people!

mo_virgin
11-12-2003, 04:04 AM
I can't beleive seraph died... he was so cool

KLCC
11-12-2003, 09:45 AM
didn't you watch the end of the movie, where he came out with sati?????

mind you he is only a program within the matrix to protect oracle....so I dun think he can ever die.......

Wildcat
11-12-2003, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Primer_Drift

Just thought this was kinda stupid.. EMP taking out everything.. Geez do you think the superpowers of the REAL world havent thought about this?? Most IC's during the cold war were replaced with something along the lines of vacuum tubes (not exactly sure what with) so they were not affected as much by the emp of a high altitude nuclear detonation. So what I am wondering is.. why would they build a weapon they know will knock out machines, but not take steps to avoid losing their own defenses.. I know its just a movie.. but common sense here people!

dont forget they live in an underground cave and they were ripped up sweaters! :D im sure they just have to deal with what they got.

RC-Cola
11-12-2003, 05:32 PM
I agree with Jeff (and the others) that they need to explain "the one" theory and how Neo stopped the Sentials in the real world. If he is all powerful and can do anything just by thinking it in the Matrix or in the real world, then why was he trapped in the train station? Why couldn't he "think or will" his way out of there?

Also, I was a little confused (I have only seen Revolutions once) by how Neo changed into the Oracle at the end. Is the old Neo (Version 5.0/4.0/3.0) just the lastest version of the Oracle?

googe
11-12-2003, 05:38 PM
eh...
neo didnt change into the oracle :dunno:

Khyron
11-12-2003, 06:45 PM
eh...
neo didnt change into the oracle :dunno:

One of the Smith bodies in the crater turned into a corpse of the oracle.

Khyron

GTS Jeff
11-12-2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by RC-Cola
I agree with Jeff (and the others) that they need to explain "the one" theory and how Neo stopped the Sentials in the real world. If he is all powerful and can do anything just by thinking it in the Matrix or in the real world, then why was he trapped in the train station? Why couldn't he "think or will" his way out of there?

Also, I was a little confused (I have only seen Revolutions once) by how Neo changed into the Oracle at the end. Is the old Neo (Version 5.0/4.0/3.0) just the lastest version of the Oracle? when smith was killed, the body of the oracle was left behind cuz the oracle was one of hte programs that smith had infected. thats how smith could foresee the end of the war.

mo_virgin
11-16-2003, 02:19 AM
The movie i saw seemed to have some parts i was expecting cut out of it. I think that i read to many theories....