PDA

View Full Version : Matrix Revolutions -- So what did you think? Reviews? Comments?

Pages : [1] 2

Fluidic
11-05-2003, 03:30 PM
I personally haven't seen it yet; going with a bunch of buddies tomorrow at 11PM.

For those of you who HAVE seen it... what did you think? Was it what you expected? :eek: :thumbsup: :confused:

Kamen
11-05-2003, 04:16 PM
Going in 5 hours, tell you when I get back tonight. :D

bart
11-05-2003, 05:14 PM
not enough fighting, it was more to due with finishing the story and saving zion. v2 for fighting, v1 for originality, big surprise there, v3 well for, just something to do wednesday morning. lol

mwmhong
11-05-2003, 05:26 PM
Neo is played by an actor named Keanu Reeves, who talks just like Ted Theodore Logan.

Wrex
11-05-2003, 05:43 PM
"Hey Bill, you remember when Missy, I mean your mom was a senior and we were freshmen?" "SHUT UP TED!"

5.9 R/T
11-05-2003, 08:30 PM
= teh suck.

Ending sucked. Felt really let down by it. The rest of the movie was ok, but I was not impressed by the ending at all.

pinoyhero
11-05-2003, 08:51 PM
Too bad about this one, I have not seen it but to this point I have heard nothing but bad things about the grand finale.

/////AMG
11-05-2003, 09:12 PM
Looks like i'll just wait till it comes for PPV.

Wildcat
11-05-2003, 11:07 PM
dissapointing to say the least... :(

Moonracer
11-05-2003, 11:59 PM
Maybe we shouldn't have read that dudes theory, you know the ONE....lol Anyway my g/f and I thought it was awesome, and well it doesn't seem finished yet, maybe a part 4 :dunno:
I would certainly recommend seeing it! :thumbsup:

Kamen
11-05-2003, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T
= teh suck.

Ending sucked. Felt really let down by it. The rest of the movie was ok, but I was not impressed by the ending at all.

:werd: just got back from it. I expected to be totally blown away with something that would make me think, but no...it was too straightforward...

Moonracer
11-06-2003, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Kamen

:werd: just got back from it. I expected to be totally blown away with something that would make me think, but no...it was too straightforward...

Well then maybe part 2 helped change your thinking and you/me were able to figure things out easier.

403Gemini
11-06-2003, 12:28 AM
i heard it was amoung the worst movies this year. not because it was bad, but #2 confused people which lead to #3's hype and #3 just didnt deliver

prosh
11-06-2003, 12:52 AM
Well, I think too many ppl were over analysing the movie and didn't spend enough time enjoying it. Its kind of obvious what was GOING to happen that Zion gets blown to shits and everyone dies... Oh wait.. nm scratch that...

I didn't find it confusing at all, its a roller coaster of emotions, action and suspense leading up to the big finale. Its the third part of a trilogy, kinda hard to go into it with the expectations that you're going to see the movie of all movies when its supposed to close the story off.

Premise of the movie is that everything that has a beginning, has an end and the movie did a good job of presenting it.

Cueman
11-06-2003, 01:11 AM
WTH happened to the oracle?

prosh
11-06-2003, 01:12 AM
You mean the actor who originally played the Oracle or the Oracle in the movie? lol

Moonracer
11-06-2003, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Cueman

You don't want to spoil it for yourself now do ya?

Wildcat
11-06-2003, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by Cueman

the actress that originally played the oracle died so they replaced her and made up some BS because of it which didnt affect the overal story whatsoever

prosh
11-06-2003, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by Wildcat

the actress that originally played the oracle died so they replaced her and made up some BS because of it which didnt affect the overal story whatsoever

In developing the scripts for Reloaded and Revolutions, the Wachowskis discussed the idea of changing the Oracle's physical appearance, but decided instead to have actress Gloria Foster reprise her role from The Matrix in the second and third chapters of the trilogy. When Foster passed away after completing her scenes for Reloaded, the Brothers returned to their original idea for the path of the Oracle. "Gloria was a remarkably talented, charismatic woman," Silver recalls. "We are extremely proud that she will always be remembered for delivering two of her finest performances in The Matrix and The Matrix Reloaded. Fate forced the Wachowskis to alter the path of the Oracle to address Gloria's passing, but they were able to deepen the character's story as a result and I think it's very effective."

"It was wonderful to see the Brothers find a way to honor Gloria's death and continue growing the story in their changing of the script," Moss agrees.

The filmmakers cast respected stage and screen actress Mary Alice (Oz) to play the Oracle in her new form. "I'm not a big science fiction fan, but there is something in the Matrix films that I find very spiritual," says Alice, who starred opposite Foster in the Broadway play Having Our Say in 1995, playing sisters who live to be over 100. "My life has changed from being in it."

5.9 R/T
11-06-2003, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by prosh
Well, I think too many ppl were over analysing the movie and didn't spend enough time enjoying it. Its kind of obvious what was GOING to happen that Zion gets blown to shits and everyone dies... Oh wait.. nm scratch that...

I didn't find it confusing at all, its a roller coaster of emotions, action and suspense leading up to the big finale. Its the third part of a trilogy, kinda hard to go into it with the expectations that you're going to see the movie of all movies when its supposed to close the story off.

Premise of the movie is that everything that has a beginning, has an end and the movie did a good job of presenting it.

It's not confusing, my word to describe it would be gay. 3 seemed rushed, trying to explain and tie up loose ends left by 1 and 2 as fast as it could with as little information as possible and it just didn't work. In the words of Homer "It's all just wrapped up in a neat little package now isn't it? Isn't it???". IMO 3 left more questions then answers, and there could easily be a 4th movie but I doubt there will be one, unless it's along the lines of the animatrix. I got the impression from the very last scene that this whole Zion vs. the Robots thing is a recuring process, that if the peace doesn't last there will be another 'one' and it starts all over again. Woopdee fricken doo, Worst Ending Evar.

1 = Awsome *****
2 = Still willing to pay 12 bucks to see in theatres ***1/2
3 = Are you serious??? **

Hakkola
11-06-2003, 01:54 AM
very dissapointing, it could have been so much more, I think a lot of things have been hinted at.

*SPOILER PERHAPS*

I still think Neo is a machine, obviously a human wouldn't be able to read all that code in the real world. Not to mention the way they all run, it looks so fuckin gay, who runs like that??? haha

The movie was good I suppose, but nothing near what I thought it would be.

403Gemini
11-06-2003, 02:13 AM
my question is

****SPOILER ALERT****

(my buddy said smith and neo both died)

neo makes this pact with the machines to stop their siege if he kills smith... so they both die... why not take out zion? whats stopping them? smith and neo are both gone, why not be in complete control?

also whole story pisses me off, they shoulda just had #1.... THATS IT NO MORE! NO ANIMATRIX! NO #2, #3. NONE.

we had a naval block in animatrix, united states has over 26,000 nukes... we LET their (machines) economy get bigger than ours? we have enough nukes to make their island that they are on no longer exist... and we let it slide? we choose INFANTRY vs a army of robots instead of nukin the fuck outta them? im missing this logic? you could easily emp that entire island... oh well :dunno: the Wachowskis did a good job talkin about science and all... but not logic...

shelbix2020
11-06-2003, 02:14 AM
"Because I belive....."

LMAO :rofl: :rofl: oh good gawd ... if I wanted to hear that shit Id read the bible

403Gemini
11-06-2003, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by shelbix2020
"Because I belive....."

LMAO :rofl: :rofl: oh good gawd ... if I wanted to hear that shit Id read the bible

oh yea this is another thing that pisses me off

NEO IS PRACTICALLY JESUS! what the fuck! drop this biblical bullshit it makes science fiction movies fuckin retarded

shelbix2020
11-06-2003, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

oh yea this is another thing that pisses me off

NEO IS PRACTICALLY JESUS! what the fuck! drop this biblical bullshit it makes science fiction movies fuckin retarded
yeah ... I got the hint in the 2nd one, then the 3rd they just went overboard :barf: :barf: :barf:

Good fight scenes tho :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

three.eighteen.
11-06-2003, 02:23 AM
uhhh sucks!!!

the end has nothing to do with the problem in the first movie...

shelbix2020
11-06-2003, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by three.eighteen.
uhhh sucks!!!

the end has nothing to do with the problem in the first movie... yeah wTFudge? I thought they wanted to unplug everyone from the Matrix :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: Im done

403Gemini
11-06-2003, 02:26 AM
YAAAAY a movie that solved nothing woo hoo it was a major scam for them to make money

make a killer 1st movie, make a stupidly mind blowing puzzle of a second movie, and a 3rd movie which your seeing just to hope that it'll make #2 make any sense... BASTARDS

max_boost
11-06-2003, 02:34 AM
I enjoyed the movie:D

^SkylinE^
11-06-2003, 02:48 AM
BIG let down.....

GTS Jeff
11-06-2003, 03:11 AM
i will reserve judgement until i watch revolutions a few more times to understand it better.

YCB
11-06-2003, 03:27 AM
too much flashing.. coudln't see much.. and not much fighting in the "real world".. last one had like a ducatti scene and more action.. only good action in revolutions was when those guys were protecting ZION..

Kamen
11-06-2003, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by Moonracer

Well then maybe part 2 helped change your thinking and you/me were able to figure things out easier.

Not saying that the overall storyline was bad, just saying that part 3 could have tied up a lot more loose ends in a different way. It had a lot of emotion and whatnot but lacked in depth of story; after what part 2 did to us, part 3 failed to live up to the previous hype. Maybe it was rushed? Seeing as 2 and 3 came out both in half a year?

The captain who was pretty much the last guy standing in Zion was cool...

You'd think that they (Morpheus and Trinity) would be able to recognize Smith's voice when they saw him onboard huh? Neo as well...

The whole frying of the eyes was good.

Wildcat
11-06-2003, 09:50 AM
i wish galvatrons ending came true... :(

things just didnt add up, like destroying zion 6 times. hows that possible, why wouldnt the machines just take them out for good?

wanna-be
11-06-2003, 10:04 AM
The movie was decent.

"Maybe we shouldn't have read that dudes theory, you know the ONE....lol Anyway my g/f and I thought it was awesome, and well it doesn't seem finished yet, maybe a part 4 "

--If you wanna c part 4, watch part 1 again. The story is a big circle, basically a never-ending story.

"things just didnt add up, like destroying zion 6 times. hows that possible, why wouldnt the machines just take them out for good?"

--yeah..why is that??

"make a killer 1st movie, make a stupidly mind blowing puzzle of a second movie, and a 3rd movie which your seeing just to hope that it'll make #2 make any sense... BASTARDS"

--if you didn't understand it...ur an idiot. watch it again, and listen this time

"neo makes this pact with the machines to stop their siege if he kills smith... so they both die... why not take out zion? whats stopping them? smith and neo are both gone, why not be in complete control?"

--neo saves the matrix, the machines let zion live = a mutual pact. perhaps machines honor agreements :dunno:

"I still think Neo is a machine, obviously a human wouldn't be able to read all that code in the real world. Not to mention the way they all run, it looks so fuckin gay, who runs like that??? haha"

--the answer to that is....he's the one <-- answer to all the questions :thumbsup:

Rydog
11-06-2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by wanna-be

&quot;neo makes this pact with the machines to stop their siege if he kills smith... so they both die... why not take out zion? whats stopping them? smith and neo are both gone, why not be in complete control?&quot;

--neo saves the matrix, the machines let zion live = a mutual pact. perhaps machines honor agreements :dunno:

exactly, the machines aren't human, meaning that they would not lie. That is what the Architect meant at the end when talking to the Oracle about letting those that wanted to be free go and she said "do i have your word" and he said "i'm not human" meaning that he doesn't have the capacity/ability to lie like humans do. therefore, the big face (kick ass voice on that guy!) that talks to neo would keep his end of the bargain because again, he/it isn't human. However, the war would start again anyways, because, guess what, the humans would start shit with the robots, not the other way around. Then obviously the robots would fight back and it would start all over again.

My ONLY question is, how is Neo able to physically stop stuff (like the centinels (sp?)) in the real world? I don't accept "cause he's The One" as an answer. anyone got something better as an answer to my question?

Otherwise, I thought it was a kick ass movie. those that didn't like it, or thought the ending "sucked" are obviously not paying close enough attention, or are just not intelligent enough to 'get it'. whoever said that the original goal was lost being that the humans would be set free is wrong. the Architect said he would free those that wanted to be free, which was what Neo and company were trying to do.

ok i'm done. overall, amazing trilogy, mind boggling imagination, and in the end, it's just for entertainment, so don't stress it too much.

peace.:thumbsup:

wanna-be
11-06-2003, 11:27 AM
"My ONLY question is, how is Neo able to physically stop stuff (like the centinels (sp?)) in the real world? I don't accept "cause he's The One" as an answer. anyone got something better as an answer to my question?"

i believe the answer to this is...when neo and smith merged, smith gained neo's power, and neo gained smiths powers

403Gemini
11-06-2003, 11:29 AM
Common he can stop stuff because hes Jesus ;)

Anyways yea if zion has been "restarted' 6 times, why cant the humans keep record of this? its human nature to do so, thats why we take social studies... to learn about our past and our mistakes.

And why arent the machines smart enough to learn that humans will never learn. they should KNOW we will come back and attack them.

just because its a machine doesnt mean it cant turn... look at animatrix, ONE machine turned so they all did. they didnt "lie" or "cheat" but they just programmed their self to destroy their opposers... and in war why not squash out your enemy?

its no different then us bombing the shit outta iraq and afganistan and thinking that bin laden and sadam hussein would just smile and give us a hug and accept that we fucked up their countries. if somebody came to YOUR home, systematically destroyed half of it, killed your mother, your sibblings, your grandmother, your aunts uncles, and left YOU and YOUR DAD you wouldnt want retribution? how stupid are these machines! they should know human behaviour by now after SIX times.

and how could humans loose the war in the animatrix?

i state again:

we had a naval block in animatrix, united states has over 26,000 nukes... we LET their (machines) economy get bigger than ours? we have enough nukes to make their island that they are on no longer exist... and we let it slide? we choose INFANTRY vs a army of robots instead of nukin the fuck outta them? im missing this logic? you could easily emp that entire island... oh well the Wachowskis did a good job talkin about science and all... but not logic...
:dunno:

and its not that i didnt understand #2, its just #2 was left SO open its why there were about 4 different theories of how the 3rd movie could have been predicted. i personally like galavatron's idea of humans actually WON the war and everybody/thing in zion is a robot... that woulda been SO pimp... cause it woulda made sense seeing as in the trailor (i havent seen movie yet just talked to like over 40 peeps about it lol) the hovercraft is on the surface and there is SUNSHINE... i thought we "PERMANENTLY BLACKED OUR SKIES TO CUT OFF THEIR ENERGY"

ALSO... why give us a matrix? what sense does that make? why not just let us be uncounscious so theres absolutly no chance of revolt... or as galvatron said... use cows... so theres no chance of fighting back and easier to control (AND producing more energy) :dunno: ill see #3 and hope it answers half my questions... but from what i heard it wont

Rydog
11-06-2003, 11:30 AM
Intersting thoughts. I'm not sure though how the merge would allow Neo to control the machines in the real world tho cause they don't show Smith doing that in the real world, only Neo.

hmmmmmm.

Rydog
11-06-2003, 11:39 AM
Common he can stop stuff because hes Jesus ;)

Anyways yea if zion has been &quot;restarted' 6 times, why cant the humans keep record of this? its human nature to do so, thats why we take social studies... to learn about our past and our mistakes.

And why arent the machines smart enough to learn that humans will never learn. they should KNOW we will come back and attack them.

just because its a machine doesnt mean it cant turn... look at animatrix, ONE machine turned so they all did. they didnt &quot;lie&quot; or &quot;cheat&quot; but they just programmed their self to destroy their opposers... and in war why not squash out your enemy?

its no different then us bombing the shit outta iraq and afganistan and thinking that bin laden and sadam hussein would just smile and give us a hug and accept that we fucked up their countries. if somebody came to YOUR home, systematically destroyed half of it, killed your mother, your sibblings, your grandmother, your aunts uncles, and left YOU and YOUR DAD you wouldnt want retribution? how stupid are these machines! they should know human behaviour by now after SIX times.

and its not that i didnt understand #2, its just #2 was left SO open its why there were about 4 different theories of how the 3rd movie could have been predicted. i personally like galavatron's idea of humans actually WON the war and everybody/thing in zion is a robot... that woulda been SO pimp... cause it woulda made sense seeing as in the trailor (i havent seen movie yet just talked to like over 40 peeps about it lol) the hovercraft is on the surface and there is SUNSHINE... i thought we &quot;PERMANENTLY BLACKED OUR SKIES TO CUT OFF THEIR ENERGY&quot;

ALSO... why give us a matrix? what sense does that make? why not just let us be uncounscious so theres absolutly no chance of revolt... or as galvatron said... use cows... so theres no chance of fighting back and easier to control (AND producing more energy) :dunno: ill see #3 and hope it answers half my questions... but from what i heard it wont

yeah agree that the machines could re-programme themselves or something. ahhhhhhh, whatever, it's just a movie. I have to give the W brothers credit, they made me think a lot, and that's more than almost any other movie out there these days.
i still think it was a kick ass movie and I didn't think that the ending sucked. i still haven't really had my question answered, but maybe i never will. c'est la vie.
Ry

403Gemini
11-06-2003, 11:43 AM
ill still buy it when it comes out on dvd... but only to complete my collection of the other ones :D

Wildcat
11-06-2003, 11:44 AM
well we still have LOTR: "Return of the King" to look forward to, thatll be a hit forsure :thumbsup:

403Gemini
11-06-2003, 12:11 PM
no doubt! itll be the best of the 3 :)

GTS Jeff
11-06-2003, 12:59 PM
i wish galvatrons ending came true... :(

things just didnt add up, like destroying zion 6 times. hows that possible, why wouldnt the machines just take them out for good?

omg man, u need to watch the movie again. ZION IS A METHOD OF CONTROL. the machines need it to balance the equation. choice is an illusion created by those with power.

&quot;My ONLY question is, how is Neo able to physically stop stuff (like the centinels (sp?)) in the real world? I don't accept &quot;cause he's The One&quot; as an answer. anyone got something better as an answer to my question?&quot;

i believe the answer to this is...when neo and smith merged, smith gained neo's power, and neo gained smiths powers

no, thats stupid. neo is able to do crazy shit because he has crossed his personal boundaries and he is doing things that he never thought possible. this is what the movie is all about. self-constructed boundaries and socially-constructed boundaries and how any boundary can be crossed if one really really wants to.

i know many of u are not satisfied with the ending, but the ending of matrix revolutions is NOT the ending of the matrix story. there is a game coming out called matrix online which continues where revolutions ends. yes, the machines are still eating babies and whatnot, but that is something i could see ending in a later part of the story. the war was ended, so isnt that good enough for now? the other shit like the baby-eating problem needs time to be solved. the revolutions ending set things up so that things can be tied up later on.

Wildcat
11-06-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff

omg man, u need to watch the movie again. ZION IS A METHOD OF CONTROL. the machines need it to balance the equation. choice is an illusion created by those with power.

*SNIP

no man, YOU need to watch the movie again.

its not a matrix within a matrix or any of that bullshit. its REAL life.

REAL life is not an equation. REAL life wasent made by the architect. REAL life cannot be controlled. How can Zion possibly be another method of control?? they obviously werent able to control it this time now were they??

wanna-be
11-06-2003, 03:19 PM
"no, thats stupid. neo is able to do crazy shit because he has crossed his personal boundaries and he is doing things that he never thought possible. this is what the movie is all about. self-constructed boundaries and socially-constructed boundaries and how any boundary can be crossed if one really really wants to."

--actually that is stupid! ...."i think i can , i think i can"..lol.

"omg man, u need to watch the movie again. ZION IS A METHOD OF CONTROL. the machines need it to balance the equation. choice is an illusion created by those with power."

--i can live with that.. :thumbsup:

"i wish galvatrons ending came true..."

--me too..

GTS Jeff
11-06-2003, 03:36 PM

no man, YOU need to watch the movie again.

its not a matrix within a matrix or any of that bullshit. its REAL life.

REAL life is not an equation. REAL life wasent made by the architect. REAL life cannot be controlled. How can Zion possibly be another method of control?? they obviously werent able to control it this time now were they??

omfg man. the architect made the matrix, and in order for the matrix to work, there needs to be a REAL LIFE zion. the architect figured this out, and that is why the machines in fact created zion as a part of the equation. watch the original matrix and ull see that morpheus talks about an original person who "freed them and created zion". he was talking about the 5th neo. zion is there to create the illusion of choice, choice for those who can tell the matrix is fake to leave. this is the same reason why the machines let the unplugged ppl just get flushed into the sewers to be rescued instead of killing them right away.

the reason they werent able to control the 6th matrix is because of 2 reasons: 1. neo learned to love 2. as a result, smith turned into a virus.

--actually that is stupid! ....&quot;i think i can , i think i can&quot;..lol. how is that stupid? there are tons of movies/stories/books based around this theme. it applies to all of us personally too. havent u ever done something that everyone thought u couldnt do?

GTS Jeff
11-06-2003, 03:38 PM
fuck, its people like you that made the wachowski brothers come up with a simple ending. even tho its so simple, so many ppl still dont get it, and for that reason are hating on the matrix.

if they had actually come up with galvatrons ending, u guys would be completely lost, as if u already arent.

GTS Jeff
11-06-2003, 03:40 PM
anyhoo, one thing that is really bugging me is how the machines and neo managed to defeat smith by letting smith infect neo. it appears that the machines let neo get infected, so that they could channel their power and kill smith from within. but that doesnt really make much sense at all.

three.eighteen.
11-06-2003, 03:59 PM
at first i believed the matrix in another matrix theory, the information from the 2nd movie would lead you to believe that zion is just another matrix...if zion was another matrix the 6 prior ones theory is plausible...but...nah, i think they had some major internal changes or just too much of a rush to explain it all to the simple minded and changed the whole fucking thing

but the whole shebang is centered around the ability to choose, and the illogical nature of humans (when compared to machines)which is why neo is so powerful, anything he chooses within the matrix is truth, whenever ppl say he has to make a choice between himself and others, he always chooses others, but because his "choices" are inherently truth in the matrix everything works for the guy...

neo's ability to destroy sentinels/inability to save trinity in the real world is a reflection of where the majority (if not all) of his power lies, he can only control/manipulate things controlled by the machines/the matrix, he cannot choose for trinity to live in the real world (a consequence of trinity's ability to choose for herself/the theme that everyone makes choices, and ultimately comes to their end after their purpose is completed - ie the keymaker, dozer, tank etc)

prosh
11-06-2003, 04:15 PM
anyhoo, one thing that is really bugging me is how the machines and neo managed to defeat smith by letting smith infect neo. it appears that the machines let neo get infected, so that they could channel their power and kill smith from within. but that doesnt really make much sense at all.

I think the reason why neo managed to defeat smith is cuz smith was still a program and the purpose to smiths program was to assimilate every inhabitant of the matrix. I think neo realized that if smith infected him (the last person, plugged or exiled program), it would therefore call for the ending of the program smith which is what I think what happened when everyone began to break free from smith.

max_boost
11-06-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by prosh

I think the reason why neo managed to defeat smith is cuz smith was still a program and the purpose to smiths program was to assimilate every inhabitant of the matrix. I think neo realized that if smith infected him (the last person, plugged or exiled program), it would therefore call for the ending of the program smith which is what I think what happened when everyone began to break free from smith. Good point! Because Smith has served his purpose

So is Neo still alive?:dunno:

Wildcat
11-06-2003, 04:25 PM

neo is the remainder of the unblanced matrix equation right? Smith is his opposite, his anti-neo, his negative.

the one (1) + Smith (-1) = 0

so they all blow up, the end. :clap:

wanna-be
11-06-2003, 04:30 PM
Smith is a virus,

Humans are considered a virus

what the machines did, was send a virus to kill another virus. They used Neo's body as a vessel, and once neo was converted into smith the machines were able to turn on the "anti-virus juice"

hehe...

jeff u got some good points

side note: i luv movies that make me think....the reason why The Matrix rox is because its one of the first action movies that makes you think...!!

wanna-be
11-06-2003, 04:37 PM
"it would therefore call for the ending of the program smith which is what I think what happened when everyone began to break free from smith."

--once a program has ended..i don't think the program just dies off. wouldn't smith be an 'exile' like the other baddies in the movie??

also wouldn't technically smith had ended his program before Neo got into the matrix?? because if he was waiting for neo to get into the matrix (if neo was last person) wouldn't smith have to wait for morpheus, trin...etc. and convert them too?

i'm tired now..i think i did more work on the matrix than my real job...haha

prosh
11-06-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Good point! Because Smith has served his purpose

Ya, I think Neo is still alive, he'll just be having a shitty headache when he wakes up. I'm basing that on the fact that Sati put up a giant light bulb in the sky for Neo, would be bad to disappoint her and Oracle.

SERAPH RULES! Too bad they couldn't cast Jet Li to of played him, woulda been cool but NOOOO... He had to go and make "The One" .. :banghead: Nevertheless, Sing Ngai did an awesome job!

GTS Jeff
11-06-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Good point! Because Smith has served his purpose

yea, the machines put him on a trolley and started shipping him back to zion. also, the oracle tells sati that neo will go back to the matrix again.

Smith is a virus,

Humans are considered a virus

what the machines did, was send a virus to kill another virus. They used Neo's body as a vessel, and once neo was converted into smith the machines were able to turn on the &quot;anti-virus juice&quot;

:werd: that makes a ton more sense now

Wrex
11-06-2003, 06:22 PM
Neo = Norton Matrixworks 2004

The reason Neo wont be back for a long time is because they just updated their virus definitions and now the machines have got the free subscription for a year deal. So when shit starts to go haywire again, they just buy the newest edition of NAMV and fix it all up. You know, clean out the unused programs, kill the viruses, defrag the zionites....

So as soon as they got rid of that pesky virus, they could backup their shit and do a reformat. Now it will run smoothly again for a while, until that crappy OS (Oracle System) fucks everything up, and the Architects (Software Developer) "harmony of mathematical precision" gets bogged down by illegal operation errors and BSOD's. And the agents and Merv are just like open ended programs that can do what they like with the system, so she basically shows people how to fuck with them, of course letting all the riffraff viruses and exiles go bonkers in the system.

So the moral of the story is to keep an eye on you operating system, because it will fuck you over if you dont keep tabs on it with Antivirus programs and regular updates. :guns:

5.9 R/T
11-06-2003, 06:56 PM
I don't think Neo is still alive. When the oracle talks of seeing Neo again I think she is refering to the next "One" that comes when the peace fails.

Smith dies, Neo dies. Balanced Equation.

As for those people who seem so intent on protecting this movie and calling those that didn't like it 'unintelligent', who the fuck are you? Everyone is going to have different opinions, it's a movie for christ sake. Look how much work galvitron put into his version of the ending with all that supporting evidence and yet he was still wrong. I, like a few others I think, disliked this movie because of the simple ending.

Kamen
11-06-2003, 06:58 PM

neo is the remainder of the unblanced matrix equation right? Smith is his opposite, his anti-neo, his negative.

the one (1) + Smith (-1) = 0

so they all blow up, the end. :clap:

Yea man, that's exactly what I thought after seeing the movie.:werd:

Wrex
11-06-2003, 08:12 PM
I know for a fact that many matrix die-hards, including myself, would have liked to see a very complicated, very dramatic and unexpected turn of events that would have unleashed much confusion and shock from all viewers.

Where the problem lies is that this trilogy we have become so enthralled in is based upon not our ideas but on the brainchild of a very creative, mysterious duo who as we know now are much more intent on pleasing the greater audience instead of confusing them. The ending is good, but isn't the only way it could have happened, and as we know with the matrix, it happens differently every time.

I was hoping for an ending much like Galvatron predicted, but the closest we got to that was seeing that Neo was in fact, part of the Machine's system of control. Another robot, so to speak. Even though I did'nt get to see a once-thought human savior find out he and those he is trying to save are actually on the opposite end of the deal... I was still very satisfied as I left the theatre.

Perhaps the most pleasing thought I had after the movie was that in the way it was finished, you could literally watch the movies over and over again.... Matrix, Reloaded, Revolutions, as if the story just kept on repeating itself, as we know it (kind of) does.

Had it ended with a cataclysmic nuclear mindfuck (which would have been cool at the moment) it would basically wipe clean everything that we love about the trilogy, and we would be required to start from scratch, realizing that everything was backwards all along... and I don't think that is something that the Wachowski's would want to risk everyone doing. Because when you let people decide for themselves what happened, they will undoubtedly fuck it up, and ruin it for themselves, which ends up in more people feeling like they got screwed, and a whole lot less DVD sales.

So as you can see, after thinking about it for a while, I have decided that I like this ending even better than the "ideal" end I had in my head. It would have been so self destructive and so destabilizing for the whole franchise to flip the table over like Galvatron suggested, that it would have likely landed in a crumpled heap, and be forgotten, as "The trilogy that was cool until we found out they were robots and felt betrayed".

Instead, we can know it now as the Trilogy that began and ended in a way unmatched in any other films. The three films come full circle, from the beginning to the end. Looking for a messiah, finding that messiah, that messiah realizing himself, being saved by that messiah, and starting over. It's biblical, it's philosophical, it's phenomenal, it's entertainment at its best, and I love it.

:angel:

I just found $20 on the floor....:nut:

Fluidic
11-07-2003, 03:28 AM
Jeff. I found your explanations to be outstanding -- I honestly did.

I'm taking all of the information I can find on the subject and writing an essay on it. I'm not doing this just for fun, I honestly need to come to terms with what has happened over these three films.

For those who will reply and say... "clue in, it's just a movie made to make money"... sure, but anything we do in life is for money -- we need to survive. However, with these three movies (and maybe more to come) we have to understand that the W. Brothers (can't spell their family name) always have deeper explanations in their writing(s).

I need to see the movie a few more times to finish my research.

Primer_Drift
11-07-2003, 04:37 AM
I found it very bible like.. Definetly not a hollywood ending

Primer_Drift
11-07-2003, 04:38 AM
Theres a celebrity death match for ya ...
Neo :guns: Vs Jesus :angel:

403Gemini
11-07-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Fluidic Digital
Jeff. I found your explanations to be outstanding -- I honestly did.

I'm taking all of the information I can find on the subject and writing an essay on it. I'm not doing this just for fun, I honestly need to come to terms with what has happened over these three films.

For those who will reply and say... &quot;clue in, it's just a movie made to make money&quot;... sure, but anything we do in life is for money -- we need to survive. However, with these three movies (and maybe more to come) we have to understand that the W. Brothers (can't spell their family name) always have deeper explanations in their writing(s).

I need to see the movie a few more times to finish my research.

maybe so, but you hafta admit after the great expectations from the 1st one you sort of felt cheated with the other 2. the first one was revolutionizing... it was a story that was hardly explored (a tad bit of a rip off of the terminator story of machines takin over and humans are forced to live in scum filled areas) but to use us as energy was... well i guess interesting.

i dunno guess they last 2 movies just didnt have the same impact... everybody could enjoy #1 because everybody knew what was going on. most girls i know hate sci-fi but THROUGHLY enjoyed matrix 1... but when they saw reloaded it deterred their liking for even matrix 1. matrix reloaded and revolutions is porn for nerds.

Anyways... its not that i dont like to think in movies, i just hate shit that gets far to complicated and doesnt live up to its expectations.

fludic when u finish that essay or analysis e mail it to me [email protected]

thx bud

SpeedStar
11-07-2003, 07:26 PM
Matrix: Revolutions, for me to poop on! :thumbsdow

Disappointed to say the least and that's all I'll say.

legendboy
11-07-2003, 11:07 PM
I liked it, it wasn't exactly what i was expecting but I think I have a pretty good idea what happened. I don't think its biblical but it definatly has a sprirtual element ;) I may take some time and put together a little explanition.

legendboy
11-07-2003, 11:09 PM
Oh ya, and I definatly think we will see more of the series in the future.

SwitchBlade
11-07-2003, 11:17 PM
I was super dissapointed. I thought i would have ended with a trippy ending, similar to fight club, where you where like damn that was awesome.

GTS Jeff
11-07-2003, 11:21 PM

maybe so, but you hafta admit after the great expectations from the 1st one you sort of felt cheated with the other 2. the first one was revolutionizing... it was a story that was hardly explored (a tad bit of a rip off of the terminator story of machines takin over and humans are forced to live in scum filled areas) but to use us as energy was... well i guess interesting.

i dunno guess they last 2 movies just didnt have the same impact... everybody could enjoy #1 because everybody knew what was going on. most girls i know hate sci-fi but THROUGHLY enjoyed matrix 1... but when they saw reloaded it deterred their liking for even matrix 1. matrix reloaded and revolutions is porn for nerds.

Anyways... its not that i dont like to think in movies, i just hate shit that gets far to complicated and doesnt live up to its expectations.

fludic when u finish that essay or analysis e mail it to me [email protected]

thx bud well the wachowskis obviously made the story more for being a good story, rather than for pleasing the masses. if u want mindless violence, watch a chow yung fat movie :thumbsdow

403Gemini
11-07-2003, 11:46 PM
i love chow yung fat movies :D

im not saying its a bad movie

im just saying its not expected. its bad when taratino's movies make more sense then this ;)

edit: actually i could see there being a 4th movie or a 4th something (game or animatrix style)

i could still see humans co-existing with machines... beyond zion... there were the liberal humans that fought for the machines (1st episode second renassiance)
they also state "Humans were the architect... of their own demise" perhaps a possible forshadow of future events for the machine and their archetect? :dunno: so many possibilities :)

Team_Mclaren
11-08-2003, 12:18 AM
holy shit that was a lot of reading from u guys. anyway, just got back from the movie, kinda disappointed. the first two made sense to me and the matrix inside the matrix theory was cool, too bad thats not what it really is. I still dont really understand how he has special power and Smith was able to get in the real world if the real world wasnt a matrix itself(i did read all the posts but still no direct answer). the first one explained the story, The second one directed us to the writers direction but the thrid one which is the ending didnt seem to tie up with the first two..

THis is all just my 0.02

GTS Jeff
11-08-2003, 12:20 AM
i love chow yung fat movies :D

im not saying its a bad movie

im just saying its not expected. its bad when taratino's movies make more sense then this ;)

edit: actually i could see there being a 4th movie or a 4th something (game or animatrix style)

i could still see humans co-existing with machines... beyond zion... there were the liberal humans that fought for the machines (1st episode second renassiance)
they also state &quot;Humans were the architect... of their own demise&quot; perhaps a possible forshadow of future events for the machine and their archetect? :dunno: so many possibilities :) yea i caught that architect reference too. i really dont know what it is hinting at tho. at first i thought it was the whole galvatron theory, but that obviously isnt right..

GTS Jeff
11-08-2003, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
I still dont really understand how he has special power and Smith was able to get in the real world if the real world wasnt a matrix itself(i did read all the posts but still no direct answer). the first one explained the story, The second one directed us to the writers direction but the thrid one which is the ending didnt seem to tie up with the first two.. allow me to enlighten you.

1. the movie doesnt explain how neo has the power to read code other than saying that he is "the one". this allows us as the viewer to think. a lot of ppl arent down with thinking tho.

2. smith got into the real world by infecting bane when he was in the matrix. didnt u watch reloaded?

3. again, revolutions isnt supposed to be the end of the matrix saga.

403Gemini
11-08-2003, 01:01 AM
so when the MMORPG comes out wanna hook up jeff ? ;) lets own it up!

Hakkola
11-08-2003, 01:08 AM
And that's why I'm so pissed off about it Jeff, I was hoping the directors would punch the audience in the face, and then kick them while they were down, but they didn't, would have made it one of, if not the most memorable endings of any movie if it had Galvatron's ending. (that was his name i think?)

THE GOVERNATOR
11-08-2003, 01:17 AM
hahahaha......thats funny watching tv and they said for that finall fight thats like 9 1/2 mins long cost 40mill to do lol mr smith is wipeing his ass with 100 dollar bills

403Gemini
11-08-2003, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by THE GOVERNATOR
hahahaha......thats funny watching tv and they said for that finall fight thats like 9 1/2 mins long cost 40mill to do lol mr smith is wipeing his ass with 100 dollar bills

hes a smart actor, played in the 2 greatest triologies of our time

RiCE-DaDDy
11-08-2003, 03:17 AM
this movie was bibical. When that "big" surge of energy went thru neo, it looked like a cross lighted up within his body. But an even stronger point than that was the fact that neo let smith assimilate him, thus sacrificing himself to save others, just like Jesus.

Wildcat
11-08-2003, 05:11 AM

hes a smart actor, played in the 2 greatest triologies of our time

:werd:

after seeing revolutions i suspected something. i think that the W bros. originally wanted to do a matrix within a matrix theory but got backlash from media, internet forums, fans, etc. i have a feeling they slapped together revolutions in the clutch the way we see it today... it just didnt seem 100% thought out to me. :dunno:

GTS Jeff
11-08-2003, 01:53 PM

:werd:

after seeing revolutions i suspected something. i think that the W bros. originally wanted to do a matrix within a matrix theory but got backlash from media, internet forums, fans, etc. i have a feeling they slapped together revolutions in the clutch the way we see it today... it just didnt seem 100% thought out to me. :dunno: no man.

revolutions was filmed at the same time as reloaded, in fact it was supposed to be one big 4 hour long movie but the guys up top wouldnt let them do that. right from the beginning, the w bros. had the whole story in mind even when they were writing the matrix.

as for the sotry not being thought out....hmm it is one of the most well thought out movie trilogies ive ever seen.

Wildcat
11-08-2003, 04:48 PM
SNIP*
as for the sotry not being thought out....hmm it is one of the most well thought out movie trilogies ive ever seen.

well once i see the final LOTR ill make my judgement on the most well thought out trilogy ever.. turning 1150 pages of text into 3 films is no cakewalk. and being able to deliver such a great trilogy to an already die hard fan base would be quite a feat.

george lucas already fucked himself by making a shitty follow up to a classic.

npham
11-08-2003, 06:47 PM
Revolutions was wicked to say the least. The emotion and passion that the actors portrayed was amazing. Every bit of that movie was the way it was supposed to be. Who needs all the fighting, this movie was about answers. Nothing more, nothing less. It gave everyone answers for the long wait. The movie itself was amazing to watch. The cinematography(sp?) was great. The camera angels and backdrops used were sweet. I was super hyped to see it, and it did not disappoint. I think the main reason why ppl are disappointed is because it was the last movie, and everyone's expectations were way too high, too high for any movie. I thought this movie was by far one of the best movies that I have ever seen.

Moonracer
11-08-2003, 08:01 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I second all that! :thumbsup:

Spenser
11-08-2003, 09:09 PM
you know what would be cool, is if they made another movie, even a cartoon version, with galvatron theory as the ending.

403Gemini
11-09-2003, 01:22 AM
that would be WAY trippy of zionites being robots lol

Khyron
11-09-2003, 01:45 AM
I had HUGE expectations for the W Brothers to blow us all away. Seeing the Revolutions trailer at the end of Reloaded gave me spine chills.

Then I read reviews/Ebert etc (avoiding specific spoilers) that warned me not to expect much, which drove my expectations to the toilet. In the end, it was an ok action movie. Not great, but not horrible either.

The first movie owns. It is a complete picture by itself, and even after dozens of viewings, I still like it. It has holes - but I don't demand perfection in a movie.

I liked Reloaded - it suffered from bad editing and a bit too much monologue but that's a style I guess. Even the Rave scene was an acceptable artistic choice in my opinion.

Revolutions suffered from a weak plot, poor editing, and excessive CG use which is becoming a plague in most movies.

Excessive CG: Remember Star Wars, when the Falcon was flying away from the Death Star, and Luke/Han had to blast the 4-6 TIE fighters chasing them? That fight MEANT something, you could feel the tension, it had great pace. Now imagine they had decided to have 600 tie fighters. Would that make the scene better? No. It might look more impressive, but it makes the fight harder to believe - it cuts the tension. Having such an absurd amount of enemies does not make the battle better! In the Zion battle, the Sentinels swarm was so huge, they could have knocked all the Mechs off the platforms with no effort. (who designed robot armor that doesn't protect the operator?). But instead they kept the swarm flying aimlessly around doing nothing except being target practice. And it draggged on, and on. and on.

Sentinels in Matrix 1 were fearsome. I suspect that after LotR, TROY and a few more "monolithic" battle movies, huge masses of CG will be used with more restraint.

Editing: My god, could the death of Trinity been any more pathetic? This is a character that we've grown to care about over the course of 3 movies and they use the most cliched "linger for an hour" death ever. Call me Boromir - if you are a good guy and die, better hang around for awhile for your "head towards the light, I love you, they took the Hobbits east" speech. Her death in the 2nd was touching - in the third it was stupid. And pacing-wise, it brings the movie to a screeching halt.

Overall, the fights were not drawn out quite as long as Reloaded, but still - aren't smith and neo past throwing punches after the last 2 movies? Merivingan was useless. He guarded the keymaster for a little bit and talked about cause and effect in the second then in the third it was like they had a plan for him then said "Ah screw it". They could have gone wild with him (the desert scene in Reloaded was excellent). Persiphone only point was to show off her magnificent breasts (of which I am still in awe).

Bane was excellent, Smith was great. Niobe - didn't like her char much, but good enough. Morpheus seemed lost in this movie - not much for him to do. Neo's dying/rebooting was very nice and I enjoyed the "Matrix-o-vision" effect.

If I had to pick one thing that pissed me off, it would be Neo's super powers in the real world. You can explain away everything in the Matrix, fine - but shutting down sentinels with your mind in a supposed "real" world takes a bit more explaining than "He's Jesus". Smith being in Bane can be believed if you can accept that the mind is just a slate of 1's and 0's (theme from the first of course).

Not raving about the movie does not in any way mean it was not understood.

I rate it a "Meh". If you have seen the first 2 you have to see the third. Just don't expect too much.

Khyron

403Gemini
11-09-2003, 01:56 AM
yea how does neo have powers in the real world? im sorry but you NEED an explanation of this... if there is no matrix in a matrix or anything or hes a machine... how come there was NO record of anybody doing these powers UNTIL this war started? and dont say jesus... cause if you point out jesus... you piss off A LOT of people in different religions. i myself am catholic and i personally take offense to the thought of keanu reeves playing a biblical character as mighty as jesus... fuck this "ONE" prophecy.. yes the "ONE" can exist in the matrix... but NOT IN THE REAL WORLD! thats BS! where did this "Prophecy" that morpheous keeps speakin of come from!

also id wanna see "THE ONE" (jet li) vs "THE ONE" (keanu reeves) lol

$10 on jet li! just cause hes more pimp than anything else :D

Phats
11-09-2003, 02:14 AM
I personally thought it was good. It answered questions like I knew it would. I thought it might be a little more mind blowing but hey, what are ya gonna do. All in all, it was a pretty good movie and I didn't mind spending the money to see it in theaters

rc2002
11-10-2003, 05:10 PM
I really liked Matrix Revolutions. But that might've been because I heard so many people downplay it before I went to see it. The ending could've used some work, but it was VERY VERY entertaining to say the least. Definitely worth the outrageous $13 IMO.

benyl
11-10-2003, 06:08 PM
$13? it is almost $14 at Chinook!

Here is my theory. Neo is a machine/program like Smith, like the Oracle etc.

He infected the body of a human to become "the One" just like Smith did.

Not only is an explanation needed for how he has powers in the real world, but also how is remained alive inside the matrix (and out) without being "plugged in."

Being a program/machine, he would be able to control the centinals in the "real" world.

But hey, I have only seen it once... I will wait for DVD before seeing it again as I dont' think that it was worth the $14 I spent.

I can't say I wasn't disappointed, but I can't say it wasn't good either.

GTS Jeff
11-11-2003, 01:08 AM
yea how does neo have powers in the real world? im sorry but you NEED an explanation of this... if there is no matrix in a matrix or anything or hes a machine... how come there was NO record of anybody doing these powers UNTIL this war started? and dont say jesus... cause if you point out jesus... you piss off A LOT of people in different religions. i myself am catholic and i personally take offense to the thought of keanu reeves playing a biblical character as mighty as jesus... fuck this &quot;ONE&quot; prophecy.. yes the &quot;ONE&quot; can exist in the matrix... but NOT IN THE REAL WORLD! thats BS! where did this &quot;Prophecy&quot; that morpheous keeps speakin of come from!

also id wanna see &quot;THE ONE&quot; (jet li) vs &quot;THE ONE&quot; (keanu reeves) lol

$10 on jet li! just cause hes more pimp than anything else :D neo can control the machines in real life cuz he is connected to them...just like the oracle said.

Khyron
11-11-2003, 02:01 AM
neo can control the machines in real life cuz he is connected to them...just like the oracle said.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH. That's as lame as Humans infecting the aliens computers with a virus in Independance Day. Complete and utter BS.

In the Matrix, it's all good - anything goes. But the dude has LESS power in the matrix than outside - what crap is that? Inside he has to use guns and fight - outside he waves his hands and they all blow up. Even if you go with the fact he's connected to them, what - do they all have self destruct buttons? The entire premise of the Matrix is that the inside (matrix) is not real - but the outside IS. I didn't see Bane blowing up human ships with his hands.

Total cop out.

Khyron

Wildcat
11-11-2003, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by Khyron

SNIP*

Total cop out.

Khyron

agreed 100%

ive been saying that from the start.

Mr_John
11-11-2003, 03:35 AM
yea how does neo have powers in the real world? im sorry but you NEED an explanation of this... if there is no matrix in a matrix or anything or hes a machine... how come there was NO record of anybody doing these powers UNTIL this war started? and dont say jesus... cause if you point out jesus... you piss off A LOT of people in different religions. i myself am catholic and i personally take offense to the thought of keanu reeves playing a biblical character as mighty as jesus... fuck this &quot;ONE&quot; prophecy.. yes the &quot;ONE&quot; can exist in the matrix... but NOT IN THE REAL WORLD! thats BS! where did this &quot;Prophecy&quot; that morpheous keeps speakin of come from!

also id wanna see &quot;THE ONE&quot; (jet li) vs &quot;THE ONE&quot; (keanu reeves) lol

$10 on jet li! just cause hes more pimp than anything else :D

he blew up the sentenals in the "real world" because he thought it and believed in it. he is the "chosen" one, at the end of Matrix Reloaded, he blew up those sentinals because he felt something inside, he believed in it and was able to use his powers (because he is the "chosen" one.)

gkAeris
11-11-2003, 03:49 AM
i watched the movie and i still have no clue as to what has been happegning, especially in 3, he won ya the humans are saved ya, that's all i know...

max_boost
11-11-2003, 07:36 AM
and dont say jesus... cause if you point out jesus... you piss off A LOT of people in different religions. i myself am catholic and i personally take offense to the thought of keanu reeves playing a biblical character as mighty as jesus... LOL
You religious people are so sensitive, it's so true! haha

Akagi Redsuns
11-11-2003, 09:01 AM
My main gripe with the trilogy is that at the end nothing is solved. I thought they were supposed to save humanity by exposing what the "The Matrix" was to and to fee humanity. In the first movie it was never about ONLY saving Zion and no one else.

Humans are still being grown and as Morpheus put it " born into bondage, kept inside a prison that you cannot smell, taste or touch. A prison for your mind" Sure they can freed.....if they are aware of the Matrix which even with "The One" took some convicing. Even if you are freed.....so what? You get flushed from your little pod and dumped in some sewer and you gotta hope some ship picks you up before you sink to the bottom and drown thanks to atrophied muscles (remember the big "rebulding" of Neo's muscles scene with the acupuncture needles).

Anyways, I think they should have stoped at the first movie. I really loved the first movie, even with the plot holes. The other 2 became a excercise on how much $$$, CGI and special effects they can throw at the screen which minimal plot developments.

Khyron
11-11-2003, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Akagi Redsuns
[B]My main gripe with the trilogy is that at the end nothing is solved. I thought they were supposed to save humanity by exposing what the &quot;The Matrix&quot; was to and to fee humanity. In the first movie it was never about ONLY saving Zion and no one else.

Honestly, the ending wasn't that bad - cause a lot of what the Architect said would happen did - (Neo couldn't save Trinity, he returned to the source to "download" which restored the prison/matrix) etc. The Oracle/Arch conversation at the end was just a bad way to do it - the "What do you think I am, human?" line was good but the circumstances were poor. Sort of like Vader saying "I'm your Father" in a McDonalds instead of at the end of a fight.

3rd one would have been better if they'd been more cautious about the plot holes and better editing.

Khyron

accordboi_02
11-11-2003, 11:28 AM
Well I finally saw it... wasn't as bad as I was expecting, but also wasn't as good as I had hoped.

My biggest problem with the whole thing is about how the people in the previous Zions never made note that they were decimated by the machines... were they too busy raving or what????

I thought it did explain why Neo had those powers in the real world... he touched the source, and b/c of that, he had some form of control over the machines.

I must say that I liked Reloaded a lot better... but I think that's just preference... I prefer the kung fu fighting in the Matrix as opposed to complete CG fighting b/t machines and men in machines... if I want to see thousands of bullets flying into thousands of machines, I can just go rent any number of FPS.

But overall, I enjoyed the trilogy; I mean, seriously, you can bash it, but when you compare it to some of the other shit put out by Hollywood (House of the Dead, anyone?) it's really not /that/ bad.