PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Hit & Run Witness 11am

RUQUIKR
08-05-2009, 11:53 AM
Just a shot in the dark here. My girlfriends 2008 White Pontiac G5 was side swiped this morning August 5th, 2009 by a Dark Red Toyota rav 4 at just after 11am on east bound Memorial Drive just before the bridge at 10th street. If anybody saw this accident please let me know as we are in need of a witness as the driver of the Toyota did not stop. Thanks.

Critical
08-05-2009, 12:14 PM
Arn't you allowed to call 911 when they hit and run?

AE92_TreunoSC
08-05-2009, 12:20 PM
Can you guess what generation of Rav4?

Disoblige
08-05-2009, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Critical

Yes you can! The earlier the better of course.

RUQUIKR
08-05-2009, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Critical

Yes, the incident was called in to 911 and a police report was taken but we still need a witness as the damage was mostly on the pass side due to the gaurd rail as opposed to the driverside where to only damage is on the mirror.

chkolny541
08-05-2009, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by RUQUIKR

Yes, the incident was called in to 911 and a police report was taken but we still need a witness as the damage was mostly on the pass side due to the gaurd rail as opposed to the driverside where to only damage is on the mirror.
so basically the "hit and run" was your girlfriend driving into the gaurd rail..?, well i doubt the gaurd rail has moved so i would just go back and find the culprit!

B4tMan
08-05-2009, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by chkolny541
your girlfriend driving into the gaurd rail..?,

case closed:nut:

xecutivip
08-05-2009, 01:15 PM
:clap: :rofl:

Isaiah
08-05-2009, 01:17 PM

so basically the "hit and run" was your girlfriend driving into the gaurd rail..?, well i doubt the gaurd rail has moved so i would just go back and find the culprit!
Can you understand that they must be pretty upset about it and your stupid comment doesn't help? The other vehicle sideswiping her caused her to swerve and hit the guard rail.

Do you understand now or do you need a diagram?

RUQUIKR
08-05-2009, 01:39 PM

Do me a favor and stay outa my thread seeing as you are being no help at all. If your to simply to understand what happened then don't post.

Originally posted by Isaiah

Can you understand that they must be pretty upset about it and your stupid comment doesn't help? The other vehicle sideswiping her caused her to swerve and hit the guard rail.

Do you understand now or do you need a diagram?

Thank you.

interlude
08-05-2009, 01:52 PM
Check and see if there is a traffic cam there?

RUQUIKR
08-05-2009, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by interlude
Check and see if there is a traffic cam there?

Thanks for the helpfull post, that is a super idea!

dharminder
08-05-2009, 02:13 PM
Traffic cam might not have caught anything but if there are any business around there maybe see if there camers caught anything.

Mar
08-05-2009, 03:14 PM

Do me a favor and stay outa my thread seeing as you are being no help at all. If your to simply to understand what happened then don't post.
It makes sense, no insurance company is going to pay out for you driving into a guard rail and no judge is going to fine anyone else for it. If someone almost hits you and you swerve and hit a kid, you go to jail. It's not anyone's fault but yours, you had the choice to stay there and take the hit.

Morally it's different, I'm merely pointing out the legalities.

chkolny541
08-05-2009, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Mar

It makes sense, no insurance company is going to pay out for you driving into a guard rail and no judge is going to fine anyone else for it. If someone almost hits you and you swerve and hit a kid, you go to jail. It's not anyone's fault but yours, you had the choice to stay there and take the hit.

BINGO!

even IF you somehow found this guy, (which would already be an impossible feat), what do you really think you will get out of him, all that he may be able to pay for is the damage to the mirror. The guy isnt going to have to pay a penny to cover the pass side of the car which was caused by the gf freaking out and smashing her car into a guard rail.

all in all, nearly all the damage (aside from the mirror) would be directly caused by the gf, and not from the mysterious driver (from a insurance perspective)

RUQUIKR
08-05-2009, 06:41 PM

BINGO!

even IF you somehow found this guy, (which would already be an impossible feat), what do you really think you will get out of him, all that he may be able to pay for is the damage to the mirror. The guy isnt going to have to pay a penny to cover the pass side of the car which was caused by the gf freaking out and smashing her car into a guard rail.

all in all, nearly all the damage (aside from the mirror) would be directly caused by the gf, and not from the mysterious driver (from a insurance perspective)

You are adding all sorts of crap to the facts. Nobody"freaked out nor did anyone smash into the railing. So your trying to tell me if I push your car into a railing I only pay for the side I hit? Give me break. This isn't a debate, if you didn't witness the accident don't post in this thread. Unbelievable the people that will argue and give ther 2 cents when it has nothing to do with what we are even talking about. They do say the empty can rattles the most.

RUQUIKR
08-05-2009, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Mar

I understand what you are saying but I don't think you quite understand the details nor does it matter because this thread is for witnesses not to debate legalities.

chkolny541
08-05-2009, 10:32 PM

You are adding all sorts of crap to the facts. Nobody"freaked out nor did anyone smash into the railing. So your trying to tell me if I push your car into a railing I only pay for the side I hit? Give me break.

shitty but true man, if i rear end you and you rear end another car, guess who gets to pay for the second car rear ended, ill give you a hint, its not the first guy.... how does that differ from me hitting you, you hitting rail...?

and it sounds like he tapped the cars mirror and she destroyed the side of the car on her own

i dont wanna shit on this thread but im really just giving you some info

repncalgary
08-05-2009, 10:53 PM

You are adding all sorts of crap to the facts. Nobody"freaked out nor did anyone smash into the railing. So your trying to tell me if I push your car into a railing I only pay for the side I hit? Give me break. This isn't a debate, if you didn't witness the accident don't post in this thread. Unbelievable the people that will argue and give ther 2 cents when it has nothing to do with what we are even talking about. They do say the empty can rattles the most.

Its called blaming the victim. Its a typical technique that those who are lacking in some (or many) aspect of their lives do to make themselves feel like they are in control. Its classic antisocial behavior.

If it was one of these guys, they would have been able to hold it and push the other car off without any damage or maybe even accelerate out of the way. Who the hell really knows.

Don't take offense to it. A large portion of the posters on this site really have nothing to do aside from post this type of nonsense. Which is sad really.

BTW to the poster who is talking about legalities of what the insurance company may or may not think. (not going to waste my time going back to read that rubbish to find the name). Let me say that you are completely misinformed and have no idea what your talking about. Get your head out of your ass.

Goodluck with this. I for one would have probably done the exact same thing your girlfriend did and I've been driving for well over 12 years without even so much as a traffic ticket. I also spend about 1 to 2 weekends a month in the summer on track days around North America, so would not consider myself a newbie by any means.

repncalgary
08-06-2009, 08:51 AM

shitty but true man, if i rear end you and you rear end another car, guess who gets to pay for the second car rear ended, ill give you a hint, its not the first guy.... how does that differ from me hitting you, you hitting rail...?

and it sounds like he tapped the cars mirror and she destroyed the side of the car on her own

i dont wanna shit on this thread but im really just giving you some info

FYI

if you are rear ended by someone and you are STOPPED and your car is pushed into the person in front of you guess what? YOU'RE NOT AT FAULT. You are only at fault if you are moving at the time you're hit and then crash into the person in front (i.e your following too closely).

Insane how much misinformation is on this site.

Mar
08-06-2009, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by repncalgary
BTW to the poster who is talking about legalities of what the insurance company may or may not think. (not going to waste my time going back to read that rubbish to find the name). Let me say that you are completely misinformed and have no idea what your talking about. Get your head out of your ass.
Can we have a normal debate without someone talking about sticking heads in other peoples' orifices? When someone is standing in front of you having a standard debate, do you go off a on a tantrum then too?

I'm talking about if a car merely touches you on one side and you swerve your car into the barrier, that's your fault and that's what it sounds like happened here. Now if a car smashes into you on one side and forces you into the barrier, that's obviously not your fault, I never debated that.

Originally posted by repncalgary
FYI

if you are rear ended by someone and you are STOPPED and your car is pushed into the person in front of you guess what? YOU'RE NOT AT FAULT. You are only at fault if you are moving at the time you're hit and then crash into the person in front (i.e your following too closely).

Insane how much misinformation is on this site.
I don't know for sure but I'm going to pose an argument for this and open it for discussion. I'm under the impression it's your responsibility to stop far enough back from traffic in front of you to allow you to miss the car in front of you should you be rearended. The rearender's insurance would probably still pay for it though, who knows.

cisco88
08-06-2009, 10:40 AM
Wow,

To the OP. If the RAV4 has damage as well, the cops will have to issue that person a damage sticker in order for them to get it repaired. Unless the driver has got connections and can get a body shop to do the work w/o the repair sticker (illegal BTW), the cops "should" put two and two together and find out who did it.

Good luck.

Mar
08-06-2009, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by cisco88
Wow,

To the OP. If the RAV4 has damage as well, the cops will have to issue that person a damage sticker in order for them to get it repaired. Unless the driver has got connections and can get a body shop to do the work w/o the repair sticker (illegal BTW), the cops "should" put two and two together and find out who did it.

Good luck.
Damage sticker only required above $1000 which is much higher than the cost of a new side mirror.

RUQUIKR
08-06-2009, 11:35 AM
Can a Mod Close this thread seeing as this going nowhere. THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR YOUR DEBATES ABOUT QUESTIONS THAT WERE NEVER ASKED SO QUIT POSTING IN IT.Thanks for those who posted helpfull material.