PDA

View Full Version : Spotted: Bugatti Veyron

Wrinkly
08-05-2009, 09:39 PM
Couldn't get any more/better pics as I was just passing at the time (driving). Surprised it came out as well as it did... Sooo many heads turned. :drool: :drool: :drool: Love the two tone colours! :thumbsup:

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t144/Jemima_017/Vehicles/BugattiVeyron.jpg

AllGoNoShow
08-05-2009, 09:41 PM
Where at?

NRGie
08-05-2009, 09:47 PM
looks like the hyatt

Wrinkly
08-05-2009, 09:48 PM
It wasn't local, and seeing as they're so rare thought it best to say no more re location.

AllGoNoShow
08-05-2009, 09:58 PM
City would be good enough, don't need to know you followed them home:dunno:

you&me
08-05-2009, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Wrinkly
It wasn't local, and seeing as they're so rare thought it best to say no more re location.

NRGie - That looks nothing like the Hyatt... at least not the Hyatt in Calgary.

Wrinkly - Why the secrecy... I could tell which hotel it was immediately and it is very well known for it's exotic sightings (even multiple Veyrons at a time).

If you don't want to say where it is, that's fine. I won't say and ruin your thread... I just don't understand the secrecy. :dunno:

Xtrema
08-05-2009, 10:23 PM
If someone got a Veyron in AB, I doubt they'll ruin it with a European front plate.

Tik-Tok
08-05-2009, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
If someone got a Veyron in AB, I doubt they'll ruin it with a European front plate.

Here I thought it was a DRL for Canadian regulations :rofl:

dj_rice
08-05-2009, 10:36 PM
Fairmont Hotel Macdonald Edmonton?

chkolny541
08-05-2009, 10:40 PM
love it

JEFFRIX
08-05-2009, 10:43 PM

you're a douche.

Wrinkly
08-05-2009, 11:24 PM
:rofl: At the Hyatt. Multiple Veyrons at the Calgary Hyatt? Really? Are there even any in Calgary? Never seen one myself yet. (Not saying there aren't - but 'multiples' in the same location at the same time is a little hard to believe, no?)

Ok - it was in London, UK (as Xtrema was smart enough to notice). The Hotel which it was parked in front of though, makes the Hyatt look like a sleazy motel by comparison.

Interesting to learn that the Veyron only comes in left hand drive. On examining the pic closer I see that's true of this one. I had assumed the owner was likely visiting from mainland Europe, but as he has a UK plate, obviously not (a plate that likely cost him at least half of what the car did by the look of it

JEFFRIX: As for calling me a douche; it says far more about you than it ever will about me, especially as you don't know me from Adam. So - I shall take it as a compliment :rofl:

scat19
08-05-2009, 11:27 PM
The pic only shows one. Douche

nismodrifter
08-05-2009, 11:35 PM
http://www.thatphilbrettguy.com/pictures/v1a.jpg

http://www.thatphilbrettguy.com/pictures/v1b.jpg

http://shappir.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/veyron.jpg

I assume this is the car? Saw it in a music video a while back....the color combo is pretty unique and you also mentioned a unique plate so that pretty much verified it in my head. The car is owned by none other than Peter Singh Virdy (that's right EI EI UH OHHHHHHHHHH).

He also has a Phantom Drophead with the license plate 51 NGH (reading SINGH...Sikh male middle name meaning LION). He bought the license plate for a measly £254 000 (most expensive plate sold in the UK up until 2006). Not sure how much the V1 license plate cost but I bet it wasn't cheap.

There is really no point in trying to maintain the "secrecy" of this particular spotting as his cars are very well known in the UK. Not to mention how he made headlines after purchasing the most expensive plates around. The recent footage of him alongside his cars in a pretty famous EI music video also got alot of attention from car fanatics.

Damn it must be fun to be a baller yo.

Team_Mclaren
08-05-2009, 11:53 PM
^^oh no you didn blur out the plate!!! :facepalm: :rofl: :rofl:

Wrinkly
08-05-2009, 11:58 PM
Yep - that's the one. I had no idea who it belonged to and I still don't know, or care who he is :dunno:

As for 254,000 (GBP) the most expensive plate? I don't think so - try - 440,000 GBP (about $900,000 CDN) for "F1" However; I'm unsure of the date of that particular sale - it was after 2000, but whether pre 2006 I can't say for sure....(just checked it out - was Jan 2008)

Also in 2006, though - Chelsea football club owner, Roman Abromovich paid 285,000 GPB for "VIP 1"

I saw a cool one for sale over there that has my initials, but it's a tad expensive at $700,000 so I'll have to start saving my pennies :nut: :burnout:

cocoabrova
08-06-2009, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
http://www.thatphilbrettguy.com/pictures/v1a.jpg

http://www.thatphilbrettguy.com/pictures/v1b.jpg

http://shappir.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/veyron.jpg

I assume this is the car? Saw it in a music video a while back....the color combo is pretty unique and you also mentioned a unique plate so that pretty much verified it in my head. The car is owned by none other than Peter Singh Virdy (that's right EI EI UH OHHHHHHHHHH).

He also has a Phantom Drophead with the license plate 51 NGH (reading SINGH...Sikh male middle name meaning LION). He bought the license plate for a measly £254 000 (most expensive plate sold in the UK up until 2006). Not sure how much the V1 license plate cost but I bet it wasn't cheap.

There is really no point in trying to maintain the "secrecy" of this particular spotting as his cars are very well known in the UK. Not to mention how he made headlines after purchasing the most expensive plates around. The recent footage of him alongside his cars in a pretty famous EI music video also got alot of attention from car fanatics.

Damn it must be fun to be a baller yo.
Jazzy B's "Rambo" video right? If so, one of my all-time fav EI vids:thumbsup:

Wrinkly
08-06-2009, 12:19 AM
Just out of interest; the most paid for a plate to date, was in Feb 2008. $14.3 million by Ghaffar Khouri in Dubai for the number "1"

:nut: :nut: :nut:

arian_ma
08-06-2009, 03:13 AM
Why does a plate that say V1 on it cost so much money?

jongc
08-06-2009, 03:26 AM
Couldn't get any more/better pics as I was just passing at the time (driving). Surprised it came out as well as it did... Sooo many heads turned. :drool: :drool: :drool: Love the two tone colours! :thumbsup:

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t144/Jemima_017/Vehicles/BugattiVeyron.jpg

Forgive me if im wrong but these spotted threads, aren't they suppose to be local?

RMS
08-06-2009, 03:54 AM
I'm pretty sure it's 6 not V1

In roman numerals, V = 5 I = 1 and VI = 5+1 meaning 6

Pacman
08-06-2009, 07:38 AM
Since I'm not well versed with all the latest car slang.......what's an "EI"?

you&me
08-06-2009, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by Pacman
Since I'm not well versed with all the latest car slang.......what's an "EI"?

Nothing to do with car slang.

EI = East Indian.

Car was spotted at the Dorchester in London.

Pacman
08-06-2009, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by you&me

Nothing to do with car slang.

EI = East Indian.

Oh, so "brownies" isn't the cool term to use now? I'm getting old.

RGNRK
08-06-2009, 11:50 AM
full of douchiness in this thread...

Wrinkly
08-06-2009, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by arian_ma
Why does a plate that say V1 on it cost so much money?

Unlike here - you can't 'order' a plate of your choosing. It would have had to have been issued by the DVLA t the time the vehicle was registered. The lesser the numbers/letters on a plate is usually indicative of the age of said plate. A Plate like "V1", would have originated from a VERY early car.

It wasn't uncommon (back in my day..lol) in the UK to see an ad for an ancient non-drivable car to be listed for sale at a high price because if it's plate (the car itself may well have been a heap of rusting metal in a barn somewhere). The owner could command the price due to the plate alone if it was made up of few, or a good set of letters (someone with the same initials for example may pay a lot for it). One would buy the vehicle in question, then apply to have the plate transferred to your vehicle of choice (plates go with the vehicle in the UK, not the owner, as they do here).

Someone I knew had the plate "PFB 5" PFB were his initials and he had a rich daddy. Had it been "PFB 1" then it would have cost even more - one is always the most sought after.

Another famous one was "PEN 15" The guy that bought it got into trouble with the law for changing the spacing to read PEN15.

Wrinkly
08-06-2009, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by jongc

Forgive me if im wrong but these spotted threads, aren't they suppose to be local?

That's what I wondered, and I did look. But I couldn't see any 'rules' about location of any spots. :dunno:

5000Audi
08-06-2009, 01:21 PM
such an ugly car...

and possibly the plate means 51 ? who knows but well still ugly car..

Godfuader
08-06-2009, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by cocoabrova

Jazzy B's "Rambo" video right? If so, one of my all-time fav EI vids:thumbsup:
Think the F1 Veyron is in it too. :bigpimp: Surrey B.C. Connection!

3XzblGBZcYM

dino_martini
08-07-2009, 02:14 AM
Not really a Veyron fan. I respect it, but not my car of choice.

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
08-07-2009, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Godfuader

Think the F1 Veyron is in it too. :bigpimp: Surrey B.C. Connection!

3XzblGBZcYM

Does this guys religion allow for hair so ridiculous?:nut:

scat19
08-10-2009, 03:16 AM
look at my plane my clothes my car blah blah blah