PDA

View Full Version : can someone explain this to me?

Eric Happy Meal
11-05-2003, 08:06 PM
why i constantly see FWD with wheels...but only wheels on the back, they leave the fron ones stock. ive seen it happening alot, and now it seems like its happening even more. so is ther any advantage to it or what??

keep in mind it never snows here and rains like two times a year so its not like they have snow tires or rain tires on the front or something.

szw
11-05-2003, 08:07 PM
just ricers

DUBBED
11-05-2003, 08:21 PM
well...

on a fwd car the front tires wear waaaaay faster then the back... so if they're racing or whatever they probably just but those stockies on so they can beat the shit out of the cheap tires instead of the expensive low pro on the rims... i think thats why at least

jdmakkord
11-05-2003, 08:22 PM
Also, low profile rubber doesn't equate to better launching traction.

pinoyhero
11-05-2003, 08:57 PM
May be a rice dream, buy jut one rim at a time.

GTS Jeff
11-05-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Eric Happy Meal
why i constantly see FWD with wheels...but only wheels on the back, they leave the fron ones stock. ive seen it happening alot, and now it seems like its happening even more. so is ther any advantage to it or what??

keep in mind it never snows here and rains like two times a year so its not like they have snow tires or rain tires on the front or something. theyre poor. leave them alone.

civicrider
11-05-2003, 09:29 PM
why is it rice to have 2 rims? just because they dont have enough money to get them all at once, at least there trying to fix up their rides so eventualy they'll look nice, not everyone has thousands to put in a car at once.

jdmakkord
11-05-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by civicrider
why is it rice to have 2 rims? just because they dont have enough money to get them all at once, at least there trying to fix up their rides so eventualy they'll look nice, not everyone has thousands to put in a car at once.

Are you fucking kidding me?:rofl:

Eric Happy Meal
11-05-2003, 09:39 PM
well the poor part i can deal with....if they buy wheels for the front and not the rear.

T5_X
11-05-2003, 09:47 PM
Stock rims can be a lot lighter than aftermarket ones, and have a smaller diameter, so a smaller moment of inertia. The tires they may have equipped on them may be drag radials or something. So these ppl may be headed to or back from a track, may be too lazy to change thier rims after a day at the track, may be poor ricers or may be posers, making it look like they just hit the track :rofl:

GT2NV
11-05-2003, 09:52 PM
most of the time in the winter here ppl will just buy winter tires for up front but not for the rear.. and just leave the rims on the back.. who knows it might be the case

Eric Happy Meal
11-05-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by black94gt
most of the time in the winter some ppl will just buy winter tires for up front but not for the rear.. and just leave the rims on the back

you didnt read all of the first post did you?

air_mikey
11-05-2003, 10:22 PM
maybe they smashed up 2 of their rims and put on their stock ones for now.

or maybe they need new tread for only the 2

i was on 2 rims for a while but thats cuz the other 2 were messed. long story.

Khyron
11-05-2003, 11:04 PM
Shrug - my 2 fronts were at alberta wheel repair for about 4-5 days so I had my stock 15s on the front.

Khyron

Eric Happy Meal
11-05-2003, 11:52 PM
well theres mainly one car im concerned about. ive seen the car change many times (i drive by it every day) started off with a crappy red paint job, then got a black hood, (not CF) got exhaust, got back wheels, about 2 months later it got front wheels, still has crappy paint job and black hood.

hjr
11-06-2003, 12:05 AM
i think ricers as well...

EnRich
11-06-2003, 03:54 PM
I've been seeing that alot lately... Just the other day I saw a guy with an unpainted body kit on a 2000 Prelude with his rear wheels summers and his front wheels stock all seasons... I look at the kid I just wanna punch him for being such a fucking dork... Does he not realize he looks like a complete dork... God whats the world coming too?

Rich

RiCE-DaDDy
11-06-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by civicrider

LOL
if u cant afford it, then wait until u can. stock is better looking than 2 rims. same the for unpainted bodykits...