PDA

View Full Version : Recommend good Condo Management Companies

TDA
08-06-2009, 10:03 PM
I am on the board of a condo, we are getting fed up with Condominium First and their ineptitude.

I would like to hear from other people who have the relevant experience, ie actually being on a condo board themselves if they have moved away from Condo First to other mgmt companies. And did Condo First make it harder than necessary to do a transfer (I would imagine they will.) Just don't want to be trading a crappy company for an even crappier one.

in*10*se
08-07-2009, 09:23 AM
i know condo first dealt with sasso and the board axed them for montgomery ross.

I'm with the chocolate condo's and we have emerald, i'm not really a hater, but nor would i strongly recommend them...

sooo yeah, i've heard good things about montgomery ross... :)

6thGen.TUNER
08-07-2009, 09:58 AM
I work in residential claims and the biggest pain in the ass condo managment companies that stick out in my mind are

Connely and company
York west
accredited

civicrider
08-07-2009, 10:27 AM
Montgomery Ross is pretty good, Don't Use Rancho reality

snoop101
08-07-2009, 10:39 AM
I can name off some bad ones. lol.

Actaully I think theres a thread about 10 months ago about all the bad companies.

shadowz
08-07-2009, 10:44 AM
MCM Property Management

viff3r
08-07-2009, 10:21 PM
We use Condo First with no issues. Who is your account rep?

dannie
08-07-2009, 11:45 PM
We have discussed this many times in the real estate section. If you do a search on "management company" you will find them. There is lots of good info in those threads.

janeess
02-25-2011, 02:16 PM
We've had some terrible experiences of varying degrees with several companies over the years - definitely the individual manager makes a difference, but when you do get a good one - they move on and you have to train another one all over again! We finally went with Maverick Condominium Management - ENTIRELY different story!! The owners of the company manage your property (so no re-training every few months!) - lots of times they both come to our meetings so they always know whats happening, they have some great technology so we get answers right there at the meeting and, they only have a few properties so instead of spending 20 days a month on 12 - 20 properties, they each spend that time on 4 or 5 properties = we get lots of attention!
Can't say enough great things about these ladies! :thumbsup:

Cos
02-25-2011, 02:33 PM
PM'd, we are with CF too

googe
02-27-2011, 07:20 PM
I opened this thread just to say not Condominium First. I see you also found out the hard way :thumbsup: