PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a 2000+ Toyota w/ power mirrors?

Kloubek
08-07-2009, 01:34 PM
So - I posted a thread some time ago about a trucker who was so kind as to relieve me of my driver's side mirror.

I just recently replaced it, but now I notice the power mirror adjustments are acting really oddly. I'm guessing it is failure of the power mirror switch, but in my efforts to bridge connections I've gone through three fuses, and don't care to continue this course of testing in case I blow something for good.

Basically, what happens is that the passenger mirror can move right, and only left if I press really hard. It will not move up or down. Additionally, when I move it right, it decides to move the left as well. When moving the driver's mirror, it will only move right.

Weird. I think it was working fine before the mishap, which would make it quite coincidental that it failed while I haven't even been using it...

Anyway, I was hoping someone might have a switch in their vehicle I can pop out and borrow for 10 seconds which looks like this:

http://members.shaw.ca/kloubek/public/SWITCH.JPG

The plastic surround on the front might be a different shape; that is unimportant. What IS important is that the back has 7 pins, and has the same shape as the picture. I THINK that most Toyotas made in the very late 90's should start using this same switch. If it is the right one, the left/right switch and the pad should look identical.

Anyone wanna help me out here?

Thanks.

Kloubek
08-07-2009, 04:33 PM
Alright - this can be closed. Took the switch apart just now, and found that there were several places the copper had fried off the circuit board. It immediately smelled like an electrical burn when I opened the casing.

To Ebay I go....