PDA

View Full Version : Anybody work for Lifetouch?

Sykes
08-07-2009, 08:37 PM
You know who they are: they do school/yearbook photos (along with senior and sport photography).

If anybody has worked (or are working) for them, are they good? bad? salary?

Lagerstatten.ca
08-09-2009, 11:18 PM
Same here, I'm wondering the same thing as I have a meeting with them tomorrow at 9am.

From what I've read on other forums, they're not the greatest company to work for. But in these economic times I guess you can't complain if you have work.

-Thinh

Sykes
08-12-2009, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Lagerstatten.ca
Same here, I'm wondering the same thing as I have a meeting with them tomorrow at 9am.

From what I've read on other forums, they're not the greatest company to work for. But in these economic times I guess you can't complain if you have work.

-Thinh

How did your meeting go?

Lagerstatten.ca
08-15-2009, 07:29 AM
Was offered the position but turned it down for various reasons. PM me if you want more details on how it went.

TurboD
08-24-2009, 02:09 PM
i worked for them in winnipeg
around 2006

pay was about 13-14$ an hour

really easy work, i was a seasonal worker and proofed/printed proofs for all the yearbook class photos

just went through the paper list and matched the spelling to the computer and made small changes in photoshop to fix the hair or the eye color or whatever.

not really sure what else i can say.
for my proofing job we used a wide format HP printer that printed the proofs to a very cheap paper material that we just folded up and send in the mail to the school, then they send it back and we made more changes as needed.

loved the job, would work for them again, for more pay of course.... but while i was there i tried to advance in the company to other departments and work some of the more industrial printers but no dice.... so i took off.