PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Kane goes to jail.

88CRX
08-09-2009, 11:19 AM
What a tard..... arrested over $0.20.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=287230

Hawks' Kane arrested for robbing, assaulting cab driver
TSN.ca Staff
8/9/2009 12:20:39 PM
Text Size
Chicago Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane and his cousin were arrested early Sunday morning for assaulting and robbing a cab driver in Buffalo, according to several news sources in that city.

According to a police report, the 20-year-old Kane and his cousin James M. Kane, 21, were arrested around 5am et after allegedly punching the cabbie after he said he did not have proper change for their trip fare.

The report says the cab fare was $13.80 and the Kanes handed the driver $15. He claims he had only $1 change and was not in possession of another twenty cents to give back. According to the police report, both Kanes took their money back and punched the cabbie in the face and head.

Both men have been charged with second-degree robbery, fourth-degree criminal mischief and theft of services.

The NHL is working with the local police department in trying to assemble the details.

Kane, a Buffalo native, had attended a press conference with the mayor to announce funding for a local rink earlier in the evening.

WGRZ.com says the driver appeared to have suffered cuts to his face as well as damage to his glasses.

Buffalo's WIVB is reporting that an attorney for the Kanes has entered a plea of not guilty in City court.

Disoblige
08-09-2009, 11:20 AM
Bet he's totally regretting this now.. 20 cents, and news about him plastered all over TV and internet. Good job dummy :D

eblend
08-09-2009, 11:21 AM
Fuck rich people piss me off

D'z Nutz
08-09-2009, 11:23 AM
What an idiot. This makes Alex Burrows' incident look even less stupid.

403ep3
08-09-2009, 11:23 AM
HAHAH ROFL wow.

No tip either, fag.

Seanith
08-09-2009, 11:46 AM
Unbelievable.

7thgenvic
08-09-2009, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by eblend
Fuck rich people piss me off

just rich people.......

guessboi
08-09-2009, 12:16 PM
dumb. very dumb. for 20 cents. they think they can do whatever because they have money and are playing in the NHL.:facepalm:

zieg
08-09-2009, 12:19 PM
no tip?

Jlude
08-09-2009, 12:28 PM
If there was no camera in the cab, then his cousin will likely take all the blame for everything... I know I would if my cousin was a huge hockey star with lots to lose.

But really though, how f'n stupid is it... I don't even make close to his money and I'd almost feel bad not tipping more than 1.20.

Impreza
08-09-2009, 12:35 PM
Isn't Kane the cover athlete for NHL10?? We'll see if that will still be that case when the game comes out lol

S13_Ryan
08-09-2009, 12:36 PM
:facepalm: star player hockey ego got to him.

Das Auto
08-09-2009, 12:39 PM
maybe this recession is a depression.:nut:

a social dsease
08-09-2009, 12:48 PM
:facepalm: what a dumbass

5hift
08-09-2009, 01:25 PM
I dunno, I've seen how much of a tool just a few beers can turn a guy into, but theres probably a lot more to the story - he's a millionaire, beat up a cabbie over just 20 cents?

And as Jlude pointed out it doesnt matter anyways. Everytime a famous person gets caught doing something illegal, the no name "cousin" who was always around takes the heat in exchange for future financial thanks.

95teetee
08-09-2009, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Jlude

I don't even make close to his money and I'd almost feel bad not tipping more than 1.20. no kidding- I'd give a $20 for a $14 fare, nevermind feeling like a dirtbag if I expected change from $15.

cdnsir
08-09-2009, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Impreza
Isn't Kane the cover athlete for NHL10?? We'll see if that will still be that case when the game comes out lol

On a more positive note, he'll prolly get a boost his fighting stat.

ZedMan
08-09-2009, 05:14 PM
I don't believe it -- I don't think Kane could beat up a 12-year-old girl for lunch money :dunno:

Side note, if he was drunk, he's also guilty of underage drinking, since he's only 20.

Xtrema
08-09-2009, 05:23 PM
Wow classy

Kloubek
08-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Unbelievable.

D'z Nutz
08-09-2009, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Impreza

Yeah, now his agent is in negotiations with Rockstar about getting him on the cover of Grand Theft Auto.

The cabbie gives his recount of the incident:
http://watch.tsn.ca/clip201685#clip201685

signature7
08-09-2009, 05:48 PM
Wow, think Calgary fans will be the first to chant 20 cents?

Quizzes
08-09-2009, 05:50 PM
Wow! Definitely the summer of Chicago!
First the RFA debacle, then the Hossa investigation, now this.

Jlude
08-09-2009, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz

Yeah, now his agent is in negotiations with Rockstar about getting him on the cover of Grand Theft Auto.

The cabbie gives his recount of the incident:
http://watch.tsn.ca/clip201685#clip201685

look at the marks all over his neck and face... I dunno, doesn't sound like he's making it up... maybe the addition of "they took my 100 dollars" hahahaha but whatever. I hope these fucks get in tons of shit for this.

tarrantas
08-09-2009, 06:12 PM
you're supposed to tip cabbies?

oilerfan4lyfe
08-09-2009, 06:45 PM
:rofl: Sorry, I find it hilarious that someone who made what like 3.725 mill last season is so desperate for 20 cents.

Feel bad for the cab driver though...assuming this is true of course. Looks like the 20 cents will end up costing Kane a pretty hefty out of court settlement.

Baron O' Funk
08-09-2009, 07:05 PM
No one except for the Kane's and the cabbie know exactly what happend. To be honest Im a little surprised how quickly everyone is jumping on him, especially those who "hate rich people"... AKA FUCKING HATERS!

In my experience cabbies can be manipulative, cheap, shady fucks... perhaps they gave him 20 or 15, to which the cabbie replied "I dont have any change", in an attempt to weasle some men out of coin, not the first time a cab would try to take advantage of a drunk person. He didnt have change but he had an extra $100? Come on.

For all those people who commented about ... "Rich people", how about all those "less-fortunate", (perhaps (?)) who take every opportunity they have to collect on others wealth, or exploit opportunities. When there is robbery I dont see anyone say... "Fuck I hate poor people"... get real.

Either way, this is a preliminary story, and what really went down may yet to come.

TorqueDog
08-10-2009, 09:54 AM
Word is that the economy has hurt Kane quite badly; his G.I. Joe collection has plummeted in value.

95teetee
08-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz

Originally posted by TorqueDog
Word is that the economy has hurt Kane quite badly; his G.I. Joe collection has plummeted in value.

ok, the GI Joe line has passed the GTA line as 'best in thread'

TorqueDog
08-10-2009, 05:27 PM
The lawyer for a cab driver who says he was beaten up by Chicago Blackhawks star Patrick Kane and his cousin over pocket change said Monday that the incident had been blown out of proportion. Lawyer Andrew LoTempio told WGN radio in Chicago he thinks both sides "should be able to work things out."What it means: The cab driver is about to get a nice fat payout from Patrick Kane. Hope he has more than 20 cents to give this time.

Jim Rome99
08-10-2009, 05:35 PM
He shouldn't be allowed to settle out of court. If there was a crime committed, then they should prosecute Kane.

This is better both for the public and the rich people who sometimes have false accusations thrown at them.

TorqueDog
08-10-2009, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Jim Rome99
He shouldn't be allowed to settle out of court. If there was a crime committed, then they should prosecute Kane.

This is better both for the public and the rich people who sometimes have false accusations thrown at them. Interestingly, I thought the same thing but for a different reason; I thought if charges were brought on by the police, they couldn't pay their way out.

Then again, it is American law versus Canadian law. Personally I think Kane paying the guy out makes him look very, very, very guilty. If he's not guilty, and his plea is not guilty, go to court and nail the lying prick's ass to the wall. Simple as that.

I'm still surprised they don't have taxi cab cameras.

Sugarphreak
08-10-2009, 06:06 PM

dino_martini
08-10-2009, 06:25 PM
Is there actually no camera in this cab? Like every taxi I was in in the states had a camera in it. Even the posh Town Car ones you have to hire.

Either way, what an idiot. 20 cents.... :banghead:

5hift
08-10-2009, 11:16 PM
The cabbie doesnt seem crooked, from the story I read, he didnt recognize Kane and thought they were local college kids. For some reason Kane was trying to get out before paying. College kids often get rides and run so the cabbie locked them in at which point they start beating him.

Donte Stallworth ran over and killed a jaywalker while driving drunk and only got 30 days, paid off the family and everything was swept under the rug

Lenord Little killed another person driving drunk and only got a 9 game suspension after paying off the family

Dany Heatly anyone?

Money can get you out of anything. Cabbie will probably misremember and charges dropped.

max_boost
08-10-2009, 11:21 PM
lol but doesn't change the fact that Kane is a fucking moron!
lol

TorqueDog
08-10-2009, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
lol but doesn't change the fact that Kane is a fucking moron!
lol I still love the video of Johan Franzen stealing his mouthguard right out of his mouth.

2Valve0
08-10-2009, 11:52 PM
Speechless :banghead:

PureDeXteritY
08-11-2009, 12:12 AM
the "EA CURSE" strikes again

theken
08-11-2009, 04:10 AM
shouldn't this be in the hockey megathread?

likwid
08-11-2009, 06:30 AM
I like how the cabbie was interviewed right after the incident and told the media how Kane and his cousin beat him up, broke his glasses, ripped his shirt, choked him and stole his money. Now a few days later, the attorney for the cabbie is saying it was all "blown out of proportion" and nothing serious happen.

This leads me to believe that Kane paid the cabbie off and now the cabbie is trying to downplay everything because of it. I will still always hate that cocky little shit.

Neil4Speed
08-11-2009, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by likwid
I like how the cabbie was interviewed right after the incident and told the media how Kane and his cousin beat him up, broke his glasses, ripped his shirt, choked him and stole his money. Now a few days later, the attorney for the cabbie is saying it was all "blown out of proportion" and nothing serious happen.

This leads me to believe that Kane paid the cabbie off and now the cabbie is trying to downplay everything because of it. I will still always hate that cocky little shit.

I suppose morally that this way of thinking is wrong, but if I was the cabbie I would have probably done the same thing. This guy did you unprovoked and unreasoned personal harm and you absolutely hold him by the balls.

dezmarez
08-11-2009, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed

I suppose morally that this way of thinking is wrong, but if I was the cabbie I would have probably done the same thing. This guy did you unprovoked and unreasoned personal harm and you absolutely hold him by the balls.

Just to play the other side...

the cabbie locked them in the cab because they thought they were going to run out on the tab, so if your going to lock someone in the cab you better not expect any sort of tip and damn sure you have change...

now the physical stuff is not called for at all,
but you have to think who started the whole incident...

if a cabbie locked me in the cab and then didnt have change when i went to pay him i would be pretty upset to...

but ya just to think the other side of it...

dharminder
08-11-2009, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by dezmarez

the cabbie locked them in the cab because they thought they were going to run out on the tab, so if your going to lock someone in the cab you better not expect any sort of tip and damn sure you have change...

if a cabbie locked me in the cab and then didnt have change when i went to pay him i would be pretty upset to...

Lets say he did not have the change would you punch him?

I see were the cabbie is coming from by locking the doors; he must have been burnt enough times to have to go that route. For a cab driver to get burnt even $15 is a hefty loss.

Break that $15 down just for an example, $3 goes to his gas, $2 to insurance, $4 to who ever he is renting the cab from, $2 to general maintenance/repairs, which leaves the guy $4. How many times can a cab driver afford to have people running out on there tab?
(I just made up the numbers not sure how much would be actually allocated to things)

oilerfan4lyfe
08-11-2009, 10:52 AM

You would be pissed if a cabbie driver didn't have 20 cents to give you? Sure if you give the dude a $20 for a $7 fare you'd expect change...but over 20 cents? Unless the initial story is wrong, Kane gave the cabbie $15.00 for a fare of $13.80 - is it REALLY a big deal to give the dude an extra $1.20?

Oh well, Kane can pay a hell of a lot more than that for being a douche.

max_boost
08-11-2009, 10:59 AM
haha if the cabbie did get paid off, we'll hear about it. maybe he'll buy a new house or new car or maybe open up a grocery store (j/k)

the whole issue again is, Kane is a dumbass! holy fuck, public figure, rising star of the league etc. making MILLIONS and going to be making even MORE MILLIONS later on, huge :facepalm: to the incident.

$0.20? yeah that's right, don't fuck with #88 man. he'll come get you! :rofl: :rofl:

max_boost
08-11-2009, 11:02 AM

lol

you are held to a higher standard when you are a celebrity. you make so much money, don't be a fucking cheapass.

rich people who are cheap = ok i guess
rich famous people who are cheap = yeah if you want people to make fun of you!

szw
08-11-2009, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by oilerfan4lyfe

You would be pissed if a cabbie driver didn't have 20 cents to give you? Sure if you give the dude a $20 for a $7 fare you'd expect change...but over 20 cents? Unless the initial story is wrong, Kane gave the cabbie $15.00 for a fare of $13.80 - is it REALLY a big deal to give the dude an extra $1.20?

Its not a normal situation, there was probably an argument about being locked into the cab which could be why they wanted their change back as a principle.

dezmarez
08-11-2009, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by szw

Its not a normal situation, there was probably an argument about being locked into the cab which could be why they wanted their change back as a principle.

haha exactly,
the point i was trying to make!

oilerfan4lyfe
08-12-2009, 01:30 PM
You only get locked into the cab until you pay your fare - meaning that once you paid, the doors would get unlocked. The whole point of locking the doors was so people couldn't run away without paying. I'm willing to bet that after they gave the driver $15 the doors were unlocked or would have been for them if they wanted to exit.

94CoRd
08-12-2009, 01:45 PM
There was a follow up Story last night on TSN. I can't find an excerpt from the show, but there is a mention that the Cabbie does not have a valid drivers permit, and has several DUI charges. Also Kane's lawyer said alcohol was not involved.

Not sure about the alcohol statement - he was probably blackout drunk. But I wonder what the affect of not having a license is going to mean.

Mibz
08-18-2009, 04:45 PM
Kane and his cousin are shooting for a plea deal. I'm a little upset that the NHL hasn't said anything about this. In the NBA and NFL guys that pull shit like this get suspended without pay and, in larger cases, get kicked off the team. I think now would be a good time for them to set an example and let the younger players know that they won't get away with shit. Maybe I'm being a hag about it :dunno:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=288096

The Buffalo News reports that Chicago Blackhawks winger Patrick Kane and his cousin are expected to reach a plea agreement and avoid charges related to an incident with a Buffalo cab driver.

According to the paper, the Patrick Kane and his cousin James could plead guilty to lesser charges such as harassment or disorderly conduct; or an adjournment that could result in the charges being dropped. Neither scenario likely would involve jail time for either one of the cousins.

"I think everything is going to be wrapped up by the end of the week," a law enforcement source told the Buffalo News. "All parties are working in that direction."

The Buffalo native and his cousin were arrested in the early hours of Aug. 9 after 62-year-old taxi driver Jan Radecki reported the pair beat him up when he told them he didn't have 20 cents change for the US$13.80 fare.

The Kanes pleaded not guilty to robbery and misdemeanour counts of theft and criminal mischief. The driver's lawyer has said the incident was "blown out of proportion" and suggested the dispute can be worked out.

Kane was originally to have appeared in court Monday, but the date was postponed so he could attend the camp in a Chicago suburb.

Files from The Buffalo News were used for this report.