PDA

View Full Version : Warped tour '09

JfuckinC
08-10-2009, 03:27 PM
Anyone going wednesday? I've been stretching nightly before bed preparing to mash some emo kids in the mosh pit haha. Anyone in particular you guys are excited for? I'm pumped on The Devil Wears Prada, Of course, and underoath again woo!

Seanith
08-10-2009, 05:43 PM
I haven't gone in years because I hate the crowds and the posers that go there. If I was going, i'd be the most stoked for Streetlight Manifesto. They kick ass. I've seen Bad Religion so many times but would enjoy seeing them again, along with Nofx. Its such a killjoy to see your favorite bands for only 30min.

There's always good bands, just not my thing.

Mibz
08-10-2009, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Seanith
I haven't gone in years because I hate the crowds and the posers that go there. If I was going, i'd be the most stoked for Streetlight Manifesto. They kick ass. I've seen Bad Religion so many times but would enjoy seeing them again, along with Nofx. Its such a killjoy to see your favorite bands for only 30min.

There's always good bands, just not my thing. Yeah, last time I went was in '01 or '02. By then I'd already seen BR and NOFX more times than I could count, but it was awesome to see Rancid and 311 for the first time. Actually, I think MFATGGs played instead of NOFX the last time I went.

The music at Warped has changed so drastically since I last went, it's not the same scene at all. I think the last punk show I went to was Anti-Flag and Bad Religion.

thrasher22
08-10-2009, 06:32 PM
Warped tour used to be the highlight of the summer, but the last two years the acts just haven't been good enough for me to justify taking a day off work :dunno:

Anyone I do want to see, I've already seen 2-3 times at warped tour.

After Katy Perry played the magic was gone for me.

I'm sure it WILL be fun though, tear it up for me :thumbsup:

Seanith
08-10-2009, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
Yeah, last time I went was in '01 or '02. By then I'd already seen BR and NOFX more times than I could count, but it was awesome to see Rancid and 311 for the first time. Actually, I think MFATGGs played instead of NOFX the last time I went.

The music at Warped has changed so drastically since I last went, it's not the same scene at all. I think the last punk show I went to was Anti-Flag and Bad Religion.

Yeah the year Me First played I think was my last year... either that or the one that Rancid played and there was pretty much a dust storm when they were on stage haha. That was like you say, around 2001 or 2002. I see enough shows of bands on their own that I don't need to go to Warped Tour. That being said, it sucks that some bands I really want to see simply don't make it out here and seeing them has to be done at the Warped Tour (in Calgary).

So you saw Anti Flag and BR last September? I was at those shows as well.

JfuckinC
08-11-2009, 01:48 PM
they usually sell tickets at the door right?? it says on the webstie, doors open at 11am and you can get tickets at the box office? will that be at the gates??

Warped tour is just progressing with music keeping its crowd the same age, its not as likely for older people to take a wednesday off to go jam out in a mosh pit in the sun all day.

Mibz
08-11-2009, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC
Warped tour is just progressing with music keeping its crowd the same age, its not as likely for older people to take a wednesday off to go jam out in a mosh pit in the sun all day. Yeah, it's understandable, what's popular changes and popularity brings in the big bucks. If, like Seanith mentioned, there weren't regularly smaller shows with bands I like then I might have something to complain about. Nowadays I prefer a venue with a close-by Taco Time and air conditioning to one with port-a-potties baking at 30* anyway.

EDIT: I don't remember them ever selling tickets at the gate.

xmattx8
08-11-2009, 02:09 PM
Not going. Normally theres a couple bands worth seeing... not this year.

Maybe gallows

Edit: they sold tickets at the gate every year.

mazdavirgin
08-11-2009, 02:59 PM
Going tomorrow :) Should be pretty sweet as long as it doesn't rain. Although seeing the last 3 years the sunburn I received it might not be a bad thing for it to be overcast.

Doors are at 11 and yes they sell tickets at the gate.

JfuckinC
08-11-2009, 03:02 PM
Sweet, Thanks guys.
I'm stupid excited, The Devil Wears Pradaaaaaaaaa :D

JfuckinC
08-11-2009, 03:36 PM
tn0BClLVGbA

mazdavirgin
08-11-2009, 04:26 PM
I like TDWP. They put on a good show last year :) I am looking forward to seeing them along with Silverstein and Escape The Fate.

LadyLuck
08-12-2009, 12:14 PM
for anyone going, make sure to check out a band called TAT, not sure what stage or the time, but i know theyre playing..

And the chick lead singer is a hottie too ;)

88CRX
08-12-2009, 12:23 PM
I stopped going once it changed from a punk rock show to a scrEMO rock show.

And WTF is that arm swinging and kicking shit in that video :facepalm: I'm glad I didn't go this year.

civicrider
08-12-2009, 01:39 PM
gather up all the fags, losers, and emo's of calgary and what do you get... Warped tour

JfuckinC
08-12-2009, 10:51 PM
Haterss, it was sick. Ignore the weirdo kids that do throwdown and its great. Other than the fact were sittin at the south end of the track ad have been for 2 hours.

mazdavirgin
08-12-2009, 11:03 PM
I suspect the flailing arms are called moshing well if you have ever been in any kind of mosh pit you have seen it before...

As for the other haters you can label any large venu or concert with those labels. What I like about warped is how people actually know what a concert is supposed to be like and the crowd is laid back. Unlike those douches who get floor tickets at some big venu then they get all offended and aggravated when they get pushed around as people try to get to the front. Always fun to see some high strung preppy kids try to get into fights because someone jostled "their girl".

Originally posted by JfuckinC
Haterss, it was sick. Ignore the weirdo kids that do throwdown and its great. Other than the fact were sittin at the south end of the track ad have been for 2 hours.

See you should never park in race city for warped. We always park outside of race city in the industrial lots. It adds a 15 minute hike but I was there till the end of the sets and I got back to my place in the SW at 10:00 :P

5000Audi
08-12-2009, 11:34 PM
wow i really wished i knew about this ahead of time lol.. my companies yard is in the shepard land fill, and i go 84th to the road racecity is on to get there.. ive never seen so many emo kids in one place in all my life.. i wanted to drive my big gmc 5500 down the side walk and help them out with ending their lives.. no jk lol.. but it was shitty driving since its a wide truck with a 30' trailor.. cars everywhere, cops directing traffic.. what a gong show..

and yet in the morning when drove by i seen all the RV's and trailors going in there. i was like wtf i didnt know race city had an events going on the track.. then later i found out why they were there...

89s1
08-13-2009, 12:14 AM
WTF is with those loser kids... do they think they're the fucking power rangers or something?!?

Was just in a pretty decent pit a couple months ago and none of that bullshit was going on...

JfuckinC
08-13-2009, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by 89s1
WTF is with those loser kids... do they think they're the fucking power rangers or something?!?

Was just in a pretty decent pit a couple months ago and none of that bullshit was going on...

it only happens to some bands.. throw down kids are weird.. if they try it in like the alexisonfire pit or underoath pit they just get ran the fuck over lol

great day though, awesome weather and great music. :)

sk8r3124
08-13-2009, 10:46 AM
Does anyone know the name of the 3 girl pop group on the Skull candy stage around 3 or 4. God they were annoying.

Seanith
08-13-2009, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by sk8r3124
Does anyone know the name of the 3 girl pop group on the Skull candy stage around 3 or 4. God they were annoying.

Shonen Knife? lol. I don't know I wasn't there.

Throwdown kids? Are you guys talking about "skanking"? Was it a ska/ska-punk band playing?

Dammit though, the other day my brother called me and said his buddy could hook me up a job working the warped tour. All i needed was steel toed boots (which I don't have and can't afford at the moment). Plus I had to pick someone up at the airport at like 10am. Sigh.

Afrodeziak
08-13-2009, 11:42 AM
lol wtf, pretty sure that wasn't moshing in the beginning.. Looked like a fight to me.

ummm some of those dudes looked like they were doing capoeira.. (sp?)

Afrodeziak
08-13-2009, 11:54 AM
lol wtf, pretty sure that wasn't moshing in the beginning.. Looked like a fight to me.

JfuckinC
08-13-2009, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Seanith

Throwdown kids? Are you guys talking about "Skanking" Was it a ska/ska-punk band playing?

No i know what that is, throwdown is a whole different style, but some people mix the two haha..

see here the kids are throwing down, then the crowd just kinda crushes them

MZZ7bdIlXRk&NR=1

JfuckinC
08-13-2009, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Afrodeziak

almost the samee thing but with zero skill or coordination lol..

sk8r3124
08-13-2009, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by sk8r3124

Turns out they are called "Millionaires"
OMG were they terrible.
Almost as bad as Katy Perry thinking she could fit into the bill.

thrasher22
08-13-2009, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by civicrider
gather up all the fags, losers, and emo's of calgary and what do you get... Warped tour

Have fun doin fist bumps with your buddies after the Nickelback concert :thumbsup:

Glad to hear it was a good show this year! I'm also glad to hear there weren't a lot of throwdown kids. I had my nose broken by one years ago and since then have had a zero tolerance policy. I'll go out of my way to knock them down in the pit. You don't go out of your way to punch/kick people who aren't looking for it...