PDA

View Full Version : no power going to the subs

ahmadg
08-11-2009, 01:49 AM
i got two alpine type e 12" connected to a 600watt jensen amp. and i was driving home today and hit a little bumps on deerfoot and i had no bass after. I pulled over and found out that the power cable from the battery to amp had came off. So as soon as i got home i fixed that, but too my surprise the light on the amp lights up but the subs are not getting any power whatsoever.

does any one know whats wrong or where i can get this problem diagnosed for cheap?

Tarrantula
08-11-2009, 06:34 AM
Have you checked all your wiring?

If the bump was big enough it could have pulled wiring from the subs inside, or at the box terminals.

If you already checked that.. I would suggest checking fuses on the amp.

G-ZUS
08-11-2009, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by ahmadg
the power cable from the battery to amp had came off.

check the fuse on that wire

Tarrantula
08-11-2009, 08:16 AM
the amp lights up but the subs are not getting any power whatsoever.

Originally posted by G-ZUS

check the fuse on that wire

Wont be the inline fuse if the amp is powering up.

Check RCA connection also.

1SICKC6
08-11-2009, 10:11 AM
Is there a protection light lit up on the amp at all? It's possible when the power line came loose it shorted the ampifier. Have a look at the speaker connections as mentioned and if you can 't figure it out give us a shout and we can take care of it for you and get you up and running again.

Cheers!

magicmario
08-11-2009, 11:10 AM
what color is it illuminating? if its red there is a good chance that your amp is protection mode and may be fryed.

ahmadg
08-11-2009, 01:09 PM
its illuminating green.
and yea ive double checked the rca cables and the speaker wires too.

old man audio
08-11-2009, 02:31 PM
it may sound silly, but there are some amps that will turn on the light with only ground and remote. double check the fuse at the battery, stranger things have happened.

ahmadg
08-11-2009, 10:55 PM
got it working it was just a bad connection between the deck and the RCA cable. So i just bought a new RCA cable and that fixed the problem.

Thanks everyone. appreciate the help

Tarrantula
08-18-2009, 12:39 PM
got it working it was just a bad connection between the deck and the RCA cable. So i just bought a new RCA cable and that fixed the problem.

Thanks everyone. appreciate the help

I win.

old man audio
08-18-2009, 01:17 PM
BEST OF 3 ?