PDA

View Full Version : God Damn, sunuva Biatch!

R-Audi
11-06-2003, 10:30 AM
Well, I guess it serves me right for not changing my wheels yet, but curbed one fo them yesterday. Pulled up to park, and the snow gave way, and I slid into the curb. yep, a few choice words were had.
To make things worse, my lower door moldiong broke off yesterday too, guess that means I HAVE to get new sides this spring. damn!:D
Ah well, off to drink my face off this weekend uyp at Sunshine!!!
Western Business Games here I come!!!!!

Davan
11-06-2003, 10:33 AM
Sorry to hear your bad luck. :( Alberta Wheel Repair?

littledan
11-06-2003, 10:36 AM
ouch! that sucks.

SinisterProbeGt
11-06-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Davan
:( Alberta Wheel Repair?
:thumbsup:

davidI
11-06-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by R-Audi
Well, I guess it serves me right for not changing my wheels yet, but curbed one fo them yesterday. Pulled up to park, and the snow gave way, and I slid into the curb. yep, a few choice words were had.
To make things worse, my lower door moldiong broke off yesterday too, guess that means I HAVE to get new sides this spring. damn!:D

Have fun! Don't touch my girls taht are goin ;)

Fluidic
11-06-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Davan
Alberta Wheel Repair?

With his wheels... you gotta be insane!!! I no longer trust Alberta Wheel Repair -- and this is from first hand experience. :thumbsdow

ninspeed
11-06-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Fluidic Digital

With his wheels... you gotta be insane!!! I no longer trust Alberta Wheel Repair -- and this is from first hand experience. :thumbsdow
would you care to elebrate?,, i deal with these guys on a week;y basis, and i have veey very few complaints about them... They allways pick up and drop off when they say they will, and they do wonderful work.

R-Audi
11-06-2003, 06:32 PM

If not Alberta wheel, then who??
Even with a polished lip?

Weapon_R
11-06-2003, 06:35 PM
Alberta Wheel Repair is the ONLY place that will bring your wheels back to the way they were.

silverEL
11-06-2003, 06:57 PM
maybe you should learn how to drive...

Fluidic
11-06-2003, 07:51 PM
See this thread for more detail.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17883

I'm not just saying Alberta Wheel Repair is no good -- I know from first-hand expierence.

Here's what others think of Alberta Wheel Repair (as found in the above linked thread). I'm not the only one who has had problems with these guys.

Originally posted by rage2
It's going to take forever at Alberta wheel, even for a refinish. And they're rushing their jobs lately, so quality has gone downhill. I had 2 sets of wheels refinished, and BOTH had serious problems. One set had runs, another set the paint flaked off!

The only competition in town to Alberta Wheel has gone under, so umm, they're the only ones left. Oh, and they jacked up the price... it's more than DOUBLE of what prices are now for their slow and crappy service.

Originally posted by rsxrsx
Anyway, they did a good job as far as smoothing out the sratches goes. As for the paint, well to say it nicely they did a shit ass job. They didn't even match the paint before they removed it, *idiots*. So anyway, they offered to re-paint it again for me free of charge. So I brang in a sample so they could match the color properly this time, again they fucked up. Not to mention, theyl srached and scuffed my center caps in the process of re-painted my rim. Also, they cost a ton of money for poor quailty work, but I guess there really isn't any other places to go in Calgary. So yeah, go with caution is my advice to you.

BTW, what's the deal with that old guy named "Santa", he claims to be some sort of god of wheel repairing. But he doesn't even know how to match the paint properly.

Originally posted by Maxt

3) It took them far to long to finish my wheels, everytime they promised them to me , they were never done, at one point they couldn't even find them in the shop..
4) to give you an idea of how long it took to get my wheels done, the work order numbering system wrapped around in the hundreds..
5) Their work is pretty good if they concentrate on it, and thats why they are so busy, however its better to turn away work, then deal with angry customers, the work will come back, the angry customers won't..
6) They rushed my wheels, to get them out of their shop, even though they had them damn near for 3 months, and they didn't complete the work as was first promised, they look great on the outside, but they did not clean up the insides as promised, they also failed to weld fill the pitting like they said they would..
7) My wheels look good from a far, but really far from good...I will go elsewhere, even out of Alberta if I have to next time around... They are simply to small of shop for the volume they are trying to push out of there, that tends to backfire after awhile...Maxt

Originally posted by rage2
They USED to do good work. It's been downhill ever since they became the local monopoly.

Originally posted by colinderksen
I also dont recomend them. I had 2 wheels done and it took them 2 weeks when originally they said 3-4 days. They charged me a good price of $50/rim for polishing and $30/rim for fixing rash. Then a few months later I go back to get the other 2 done. They were trying to charge me $175 for the job which should have costed me $100. Also they cleared the first 2 but didnt clear the last 2. So I have to polish the passenger side every 10 minutes. Now the cleared set are peeling like said before "A bad sunburn".

Originally posted by buh_buh
I have a friend who got wheels done by them. It was originally a 3-4 day job and it took a month and a half. And it also cost $150 per wheel. I would not recommend them.

Originally posted by CeeLo
They do an excellent job of fixing damage, but a very half ass
job when it comes to the finish of wheel.

Take you wheels somewhere else if you want them painted, polished or clear coated.

It seems they have the only wheel lathe in the city, so be cautious
if you find an alternative shop, they may just outsource it
to AWR.

Originally posted by Roadrage
Had 2 wheels done with them last year (went over a curb like everyone else on a snowy day). The owner/manager told me that it was a very simple job and that I'd get it back in 3-4 days and by Friday (dropped the wheels off on Monday morning) at the very latest. Guess what...4 weeks later, I get it back. Very simple huh? They did do a good job but for the time I waited and the $$ I paid...:thumbsdow

Driving 4 weeks on those damn spares...:banghead:

Originally posted by Maxt
I was so Hyped up to get my wheels back, I kinda turned a blind eye to the blemished when I picked them up, but upoon closer inspection, the paintwork is absolute shit... there are runs in it, and its soft like they missed the catalyst in the paint... I wil post some pics of it...Maxt

Ben
11-06-2003, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by R-Audi

OWNED!

See this thread for more detail.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17883

I'm not just saying Alberta Wheel Repair is no good -- I know from first-hand expierence.

Here's what others think of Alberta Wheel Repair (as found in the above linked thread). I'm not the only one who has had problems with these guys.

Double Owned!

Alpine Autowerks
11-06-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by ninspeed

would you care to elebrate?,, i deal with these guys on a week;y basis, and i have veey very few complaints about them... They allways pick up and drop off when they say they will, and they do wonderful work.

Alberta Wheel Repair blows dead goats, the bulk of their work is for insurance and they work to the "lowest common denominator".

rice_eater
11-06-2003, 11:57 PM
A dingo stole ma bayby