PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1993 Acura Legend LS Coupe

Mckenzie
11-06-2003, 01:05 PM
Well its finally time to sell my baby :(. I am buying a new car with a warranty so I can be safe for the next 3 years while I am in school. This car is a serious head turner and it is extremely rare. I get comments on it where ever I go and I am very reluctant to sell it. I have put a lot of effort into maintaining the car and it will be a real treat for whoever gets it. I have completely babied the car and have done any necessary work to it.

Things to know:
-1993 Acura Legend LS Coupe (Top Model)
-Very Rare (6 speed manual transmission mated to a 230 hp Type II V6) 1 of 6 in the city (Acura's first 6 speed)
-Castrol Syntec since new every ~5000km
-Change all fluids regularly
-171 000 km
-2nd Owner
-BC Car: No Rust!
-Engine is tight and spotless: no leaks and no burning oil

Options:
-Fully loaded; Traction Control, heated front Seats, Power everything, sunroof, beige leather interior with no rips, real burlwood console and trim peices, ABS, 4 wheel Disc Brakes, Front Airbags, Auto Climate Control, AC, heated mirrors, etc (all luxury ammenities)

Other:
-Amazing winter and highway car; car rides like a dream on the highway and is very smooth; most of the kms are highway as all my driving is from Mckenzie; I also go to Edmonton every couple of weeks to see family and have been on numerous trips to BC.
-Large trunk: With sub and amps you are still able to fit 4 golf bags in the trunk; Also able to carry 4 people and luggage comfortably to any destination
-Clean Carfax Report (when I bought it)
-I always let the car warm up before driving to allow oil to circulate
-Car was washed on average of three times a week

Pics
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16695
Note: Strut Bar not inlcuded

Work Done:
New Paint Job (this summer)
New windsheild (this summer)
New Clutch (this summer)
New Dunlop Z Rated All Season SP 5000 tires, 8 months old
New Rad (last month)
New Battery (last year)
Installed Block Heater (Last Year)
All front end work done (CV Boots/joints, Ball Joints, Control Arms, etc).
Other various repairs with all documentation

Mods:
Top of the line Alpine system ($4500):
Double DIN head unit ($1600), New Alpine Type R 6.5 Components, New Alpine Type R 6x9s, New 4 Channel Alpine V12 Amp, New Alpine AccuClass D Digital V12, New Alpine 10" Type R Sub in carpeted box
-All with receipts, boxes and still under warranty except for head unit

Upgraded 94-95 Legend GS Wheels ($1500)

50% bronze tint
PIAA Fogs
Clear Corner Lenses
Compustar 2 Way Alarm with remote start, power locks, and power trunk ($800)

I have invested about $10 000 in this car in the last ~2 years that I have owned it and it is in remarkable shape.

Contact me here or by email: [email protected]

Price: $22 000 Firm

Kona9
11-06-2003, 01:36 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW SHIT!!! I want your car bad!!!!!!! I love it. I unfortunately am not in the market at this time!!!! GOOD LUCK!!
BUMP for a Sweet Ride! :thumbsup: :drool:

a_peep
11-06-2003, 04:54 PM
Nice car, rare. Goodluck with the sale.

Mckenzie
11-06-2003, 07:52 PM
Thanx for keepin' the feedback positive guys..... ;)

I washed it today and saw how nice the paint job was......I almost didnt want to give it up....:(

I hope it can find a good home.....

legendboy
11-06-2003, 08:38 PM
Holy cow! thats alot of money for a 93. The car is worth around $15k. I'd be very intrested in buying it if you were realistic about the price. Let me know.

04blackMAX
11-06-2003, 08:44 PM
Price: $10,880.00
Odometer: 130000 Km.

Stock Number : 1913050443
Classification : Coupe
Transmission : Automatic
Doors : 2
Interior Color : Grey
Exterior Color : Red
Vehicle Options : Power Locks, Sunroof, Leather Interior, Power Windows, Air Conditioning, Cruise Control
Description : new brakes, new trans

found that in the trader, sorry man, but 22k...good luck..its nice as hell!!

legendboy
11-06-2003, 08:47 PM
The only thing this car has going for it is it is the first year 6spd type II coupe. There pretty hard to find but there not a collectors item and they don't demand special $$$ The car would be worth 18000 or so if it was a GS 6spd sedan. Now that is a rare acura, something worth paying extra for.

There are lots of 6spd coupes floating around van. 12-15k is the going price. His car is very nice tho!

Mckenzie
11-06-2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by 04blackMAX
Price: $10,880.00
Odometer: 130000 Km.

Stock Number : 1913050443
Classification : Coupe
Transmission : Automatic
Doors : 2
Interior Color : Grey
Exterior Color : Red
Vehicle Options : Power Locks, Sunroof, Leather Interior, Power Windows, Air Conditioning, Cruise Control
Description : new brakes, new trans

found that in the trader, sorry man, but 22k...good luck..its nice as hell!!

That is not the same car. There is no comparison between an auto type 1 coupe and a 6 speed type 2 coupe.

04blackMAX
11-06-2003, 09:54 PM
yeah but 12k more for yours........

Mckenzie
11-06-2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by 04blackMAX
yeah but 12k more for yours........

I understand. There are quite a few differences between the years....Collectability wise, power wise, option wise and performance wise....

I could bet that there is rust on any of the older legends out there and that their body's are no where close to the shape my car is in. The paint job cost me almost $3000 and it was done in July. Some people think putting money into a car may not increase its value. I beleive that outlfows of cash into the car have to add value to the car because if not, the new owner will have to put more money into the car to begin with.

tegdream
11-06-2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Mckenzie

I understand. There are quite a few differences between the years....Collectability wise, power wise, option wise and performance wise....

I could bet that there is rust on any of the older legends out there and that their body's are no where close to the shape my car is in. The paint job cost me almost $3000 and it was done in July. Some people think putting money into a car may not increase its value. I beleive that outlfows of cash into the car have to add value to the car because if not, the new owner will have to put more money into the car to begin with.

no sense in trying to "prove" how much your car is worth, people form an opinon based on what they see and i believe its then hard to change, i believe as someone said, 18,000 would be a good price :D...its your car though..its tight...good luck!

aznexec
11-07-2003, 12:04 AM
Whut a sick ride...awesome condition....

For 22 tho....you'd have to find someone looking for that exact car...my buddy just sold his mint bmw328is 1997 (100K Km's) for 20K.

I'm sure you put a lot of coin and sweat into the ride so I hope you get as much back as possible. good luck.

C4S
11-07-2003, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by aznexec

For 22 tho....you'd have to find someone looking for that exact car...my buddy just sold his mint bmw328is 1997 (100K Km's) for 20K.

I'm sure you put a lot of coin and sweat into the ride so I hope you get as much back as possible. good luck.

$20 K for a German BMW 328iS and $22K for 4 yr older 171K kms Asian Legend ? :dunno: :dunno:
Either 1 is a "steal" or one is a "dream" :D

Anyway, form the pictures, car looks great ! I used to drive a Legend too.:burnout:

P.S. I should buy your friend 328 iS ! they drive like a dream ! :clap:

legendboy
11-07-2003, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by tegdream

no sense in trying to "prove" how much your car is worth, people form an opinon based on what they see and i believe its then hard to change, i believe as someone said, 18,000 would be a good price :D...its your car though..its tight...good luck!

I've sold new and used acuras for 2 years, and was a wholesaler on my own for 2. I think I know market prices.

Mckenzie
11-07-2003, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by aznexec

That is the car I was thinking of buying too.....probably 98 though with less Ks so I can get a warranty through BMW.....

tegdream
11-07-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by legendboy

I've sold new and used acuras for 2 years, and was a wholesaler on my own for 2. I think I know market prices.

i was agrreing with you, not meant as an insult :confused:

Mckenzie
11-07-2003, 06:15 PM

I guess you are used to paying dealer prices for cars then, which are obviously lower than private sale prices. You would probably be best off picking those cars up in Van. I cant find them on the autotrader though. :dunno:

rogue
11-07-2003, 08:50 PM
It is a good price for a car that is rare in CALGARY, of course you can go to van and buy it cheaper but then you can go to LA and get it even cheaper there just depends on if you are willing to go the distance. New paint and 230 hp = GREAT CAR (dont forget how much they were new)

rogue
11-07-2003, 08:51 PM
Legend boy knows his pricing though i remember him rolling his sedan to bull shit downtown.:) ahhhh the good old days.

Mckenzie
11-08-2003, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by rogue
It is a good price for a car that is rare in CALGARY, of course you can go to van and buy it cheaper but then you can go to LA and get it even cheaper there just depends on if you are willing to go the distance. New paint and 230 hp = GREAT CAR (dont forget how much they were new)

:werd: The law of supply and demand will prevail over the black book any day. If there were more cars like mine for sale that I could compare to I would probably price it accordingly. Since there is nothing similar I am hesitant to just give it away for market price. I dont disagree for a second that legendboy knows his pricing but when it comes to rare cars you cant expect to pick them up for dirt cheap. Thanks for keeping your feedback positive. :)

legendboy
11-08-2003, 11:45 AM
Fuck I want your car! Lower your price damit!!! :angel:

Mckenzie
11-08-2003, 04:29 PM
Fuck I want your car! Lower your price damit!!! :angel:

lol.....:tongue:

I dunno.....I realize that I am pricing it too high for people who dont want to pay the price. I have put so much time and money into the car that I will suffer a huge loss if I lower the price. I dont think I can part with the car after what I have put into it, and the fact that the cars that I am looking at will be inferior to the legend.

The A4, the 328 or a Prelude dont really compare in terms of power and class of car.

I am even kinda confused myself...... :dunno: :dunno: :nut: :nut:

C4S
11-08-2003, 04:33 PM

The A4, the 328 or a Prelude dont really compare in terms of power and class of car.

They are 3 different classes of car already ! BMW --> Audi -- Honda (or Acura) :dunno: :dunno:

buh_buh
11-08-2003, 04:47 PM

I have put so much time and money into the car that I will suffer a huge loss if I lower the price. I dont think I can part with the car after what I have put into it, and the fact that the cars that I am looking at will be inferior to the legend.
If everybody wanted to sell their car at a price where they wouldn't lost any (or much) money, then cars would never depreciate. And looking at the list of stuff you did, all of it (with the exception of the paint job) are maintainence costs, and should be done regardless. A car is never an investment. :)

Mckenzie
11-08-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by C4S

They are 3 different classes of car already ! BMW --> Audi -- Honda (or Acura) :dunno: :dunno:

Thats three different brands....not classes...

3 series =compact sporty/luxury car
Prelude= compact sports car
A4= compact sporty/luxury family sedan
Legend=full sized luxury/touring car (I wouldnt really say its 'sporty' although it does have 2 doors)

If everybody wanted to sell their car at a price where they wouldn't lost any (or much) money, then cars would never depreciate. And looking at the list of stuff you did, all of it (with the exception of the paint job) are maintainence costs, and should be done regardless. A car is never an investment.

I wouldn't consider an Aftermarket Stereo, Remote Starter, upgraded wheels or alarm, maintenace costs. They are extras and thus should be reflected in the price. I know that maintenace is expected and consequently depreciation. But I am not trying to break even at $22 000 and if I got that I defenitaly wouldnt be. No biggie though.... :)

There is a nice 6 speed in Ontario for sale.....Not sure of the price or condition but you will find it in the Auto Trader....

max_boost
11-08-2003, 05:26 PM
I have put so much time and money into the car that I will suffer a huge loss if I lower the price. Sorry but I just find this statement funny:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Cause your mod list isn't that extensive

:D
Just curious, did you even pay $22k for the car when you bought it?:tongue:

C4S
11-08-2003, 06:34 PM
:dunno: Sorry, I used to have a 92 Legend too ( yeah,not as nice as yours, and it is different to yours) :dunno:

It was a good car for me to drive around, and I am not trying to say that you are asking too much on yours, but I guess everyone will get mad when put a Honda (or Acura) compare to a BMW (unless a NSX or S2000) :banghead: ( at least, I do ! )

I sold mine Legend 2 yr ago with 150K, and I drove few legend coupe too (not 6-speed) but they are not BMW ... or Audi, they are "just"good cars ! pierod. :) :dunno: :banghead:

I spent over $20,000 on my car for last 10 years, but I won't add those money on my asking price, just like if I am going to sell my winter coats, i won't add the "dry-clean" fee into it ! :D

rogue
11-08-2003, 08:16 PM
i think a legend coupe is just as nice and WAY more rare than a 3 series bimmer or an audi. Dont get me wrong i LOVE audi and bmw but i have been in all of them and they are all equally the same to me. Now if you want something classy get a big body benzo :).

James
11-08-2003, 08:42 PM
wicked car, defenatly one of the nicest legends around....if i were in the market for one i think the price is alright to start from , but it should be negotiable! :D

SilverRex
11-08-2003, 09:10 PM
welp regardless of outcome, its anyones' deal. it all depends on so many things. who is more desperate etc etc.

just like my wrx which I sold a month ago, I pretty much lost about 17k in it over the span over 2 years. So really it all depends on the buyer seller and who is getting their worth.

I must agree that that legend is one nice car. But I also agree with others that the car is priced too high. And it is fine because if the seller does not want to get rid of it then the price is firm. He can wait. The first buyer who 'has the money' and is 'desperate' will come pick em up. But my bet is, the market for people to shop for a rare car wont be there. So it can be a very vey long wait.

most people who buy a car these days will look at milage, price, and condition. And comparing prices from other cities may or maynot be a good thing.

C4S
11-09-2003, 02:46 AM
:love: May be I should sell my 83 Accord too .. RARE 5-spped standard, and super low kms only 160,000kms, nothing like it around .... and spent a lots of money on it for last 5 years .. $10,000 ? $8,000 ? :eek: :eek:

Just joking .. :nut:

Mckenzie
11-10-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Sorry but I just find this statement funny:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Cause your mod list isn't that extensive

:D
Just curious, did you even pay $22k for the car when you bought it?:tongue:

I paid $21 500

Originally posted by rogue
i think a legend coupe is just as nice and WAY more rare than a 3 series bimmer or an audi. Dont get me wrong i LOVE audi and bmw but i have been in all of them and they are all equally the same to me. Now if you want something classy get a big body benzo :).

lol....Benzos are huge and from what I have heard not very reliable....but I have always wanted a 500 SL convertible.... maybe the new SL 55 AMG

Originally posted by James
wicked car, defenatly one of the nicest legends around....if i were in the market for one i think the price is alright to start from , but it should be negotiable! :D

Thanks. I probably should have set it at $20 000 firm or OBO at $22 000

Originally posted by SilverRex
welp regardless of outcome, its anyones' deal. it all depends on so many things. who is more desperate etc etc.

just like my wrx which I sold a month ago, I pretty much lost about 17k in it over the span over 2 years. So really it all depends on the buyer seller and who is getting their worth.

I must agree that that legend is one nice car. But I also agree with others that the car is priced too high. And it is fine because if the seller does not want to get rid of it then the price is firm. He can wait. The first buyer who 'has the money' and is 'desperate' will come pick em up. But my bet is, the market for people to shop for a rare car wont be there. So it can be a very vey long wait.

most people who buy a car these days will look at milage, price, and condition. And comparing prices from other cities may or maynot be a good thing.

I am in no rush to get rid of the car and that is probably why I priced it so high. I think that pricing a rare car is all dependant on what the seller values the car at. Try and pull market price on the guy who sold his 454 SS Chevelle on EBAY for $250 000US (I am in no way comparing my car to a chevelle.. ;) )

Originally posted by C4S
:love: May be I should sell my 83 Accord too .. RARE 5-spped standard, and super low kms only 160,000kms, nothing like it around .... and spent a lots of money on it for last 5 years .. $10,000 ? $8,000 ? :eek: :eek:

Just joking .. :nut:

Go for it dude...... I might give ya' $6K for it.....;)

To everyone:

Sorry for pricing the car out of your expectations. I felt that I should be able to recoup some money from my car. Every car I have ever bought and sold I have been able to do so. I think $22 000 OBO probably would have been a better starting price. I dont want to sit here with everyone and argue about how much my car is worth. It is obvious that no one really knows a good price for this car (including myself) because there are none for sale in Calgary. Seeing the same cars priced in the same region in the same shape is a much better indicator of where to price your car. Since I can find none anywhere in Calgary, or in the country for sale, I cannot do so.

It is very obvious that car are not investments and I didnt for one second ever try to recover all the cash I put into the car, because if I did that I would be pricing the car at over $30 000.....which is pretty unreasonable.

I will thinking about whether or not I even want to sell the car because so far all of the other cars I have considered I havent liked (328, A4, lude). I will keep you guys posted...
:)

C4S
11-10-2003, 01:26 PM
:thumbsup: Ok ..good luck then .

But I bet, if you try a 328is (sport package) you will totally forget about this Legend ... ( I assume if u love driving, and enjoying good handling cars, or you just like a big coupe )

Good thing about the Legend is, they are " Made in Japan" so the qulity is there, and none of the latest TL, Accord, can compare.:burnout:

legendboy
11-10-2003, 01:47 PM
I know market prices for legends

Mckenzie
11-10-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by C4S
:thumbsup: Ok ..good luck then .

But I bet, if you try a 328is (sport package) you will totally forget about this Legend ... ( I assume if u love driving, and enjoying good handling cars, or you just like a big coupe )

Good thing about the Legend is, they are " Made in Japan" so the qulity is there, and none of the latest TL, Accord, can compare.:burnout:

I drove one on sunday. Black 98 IS with M package.

I really liked the handling of the car and the fact that it was newer. The car was nice from the outside, but kinda small and compact looking.

It had a bit more tourque, but not as much overall power. The interior felt kinda cheap and the car is a bit smaller on the inside. The paint also suffered serious swirl marks (cuz its black).

The car defenitaly has some potential and was pretty nice....but I dunno....Defenitaly some trade-offs with either car...

And I know what you are saying about the quality of the new TLs and Accords. I would never buy one from what I have read on those cars.....

That is another thing that scares me about the BMW. I dont know anyone who has one so I cannot really get an objective opinion on the reliability of the car.

C4S
11-10-2003, 02:38 PM
:thumbsup: BMW ? no worry ...

For the last 6 years . I have been driving BMW 3 series, never have any major problem, yes, their electrical stuffs are much more advanced then Japanese cars, so more little bugs. however, I know lots of good friends, they have problems with their Toyota, Honda, Acura as well ... so .. :dunno:

Unless you buy a series or 7 series, otherwise, 3 series are super realiable and cheap to keep !:thumbsup: (but for someone who drives 5 or 7 series, who cares the cost ? :D )

Mckenzie
11-11-2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by C4S
:thumbsup: BMW ? no worry ...

For the last 6 years . I have been driving BMW 3 series, never have any major problem, yes, their electrical stuffs are much more advanced then Japanese cars, so more little bugs. however, I know lots of good friends, they have problems with their Toyota, Honda, Acura as well ... so .. :dunno:

Unless you buy a series or 7 series, otherwise, 3 series are super realiable and cheap to keep !:thumbsup: (but for someone who drives 5 or 7 series, who cares the cost ? :D )

Hmmmm..... :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

I have heard things about the pre 95ish e36 beemers that dont impress me but I think I would probably be safe with a newer 97 or 98.

Decisions decisions

Seanith
11-11-2003, 12:44 PM
From what i'm hearing, just leave the price as is and keep the car as long as it takes to sell. Obviously you love it and appreciate it alot. Why do you need a warrenty that bad? Obviously you take care of this car pretty well so i don't think its going to crap out on you.

btw i see it parked at school all the time and it looks immaculate. :bigpimp:

C4S
11-11-2003, 05:56 PM

Hmmmm..... :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

I have heard things about the pre 95ish e36 beemers that dont impress me but I think I would probably be safe with a newer 97 or 98.

Decisions decisions

Yes, I mean 97 and up 3 series .. ( 99 is first yr of E46, some bugs too, so I waited till 2000 ) :D

Mckenzie
11-12-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by ~$eanith~
From what i'm hearing, just leave the price as is and keep the car as long as it takes to sell. Obviously you love it and appreciate it alot. Why do you need a warrenty that bad? Obviously you take care of this car pretty well so i don't think its going to crap out on you.

btw i see it parked at school all the time and it looks immaculate. :bigpimp:

Thanx..... :)

I think that is what I have decided to do. Might as well keep it...

Originally posted by C4S

Yes, I mean 97 and up 3 series .. ( 99 is first yr of E46, some bugs too, so I waited till 2000 ) :D

C4S....Stop tempting me to buy a Bimmer....

;) :angel:

rogue
11-12-2003, 11:53 AM
bimmers are cool you get that whole ronin or transporter feeling when driving a bimmer or audi. The e46 is fairly reliable but i have 3 freinds with e46 bimmers and they have all had problems mostly electrical but it is all warranty so who really cares. All the cars you have looked at and people mentioned are PIMP.
Good luck man

C4S
11-12-2003, 03:53 PM

C4S....Stop tempting me to buy a Bimmer....
;) :angel:

I am not only"tempting" you .. I am sharing my super happy experience with BMW ! :clap:
Still ... up to now including 2004 models, there is still no car drive better then late E36 model. Pierod. :D :D

jdmakkord
11-12-2003, 05:37 PM
A very close friend of mine had a 2001 330IS with the M package(whatever that is), traded it in for a E36 dakar yellow M3, then realized he could not afford the service on the car, got married, and now drives a jetta tdi. Reality sets in when you recieve your first repair bill that you pay out of your own pocket.

Mckenzie
11-12-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by jdmakkord
A very close friend of mine had a 2001 330IS with the M package(whatever that is), traded it in for a E36 dakar yellow M3, then realized he could not afford the service on the car, got married, and now drives a jetta tdi. Reality sets in when you recieve your first repair bill that you pay out of your own pocket.

I am sure the dealer likes to stick it to you when you drive an M3. I am sure the VW is much safer on the pocket book.....

I am not only"tempting" you .. I am sharing my super happy experience with BMW !

:bigpimp:

I think I need to do some more test driving with these beasts before I make a decision. Thanks for your input though....:thumbsup:

C4S
11-12-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by jdmakkord

Sound like you are talking about me ! ?? :nut: but i am not married ..and will never buy a Jetta .. ha ha .. :eek:

Yeah .. everything on M3 or any M cars are much more expensive (even they are sort of similiar car) For value and fun to drive, 328is (and cheap for everything ! )
:thumbsup:

rogue
11-13-2003, 09:40 PM
just get a reliant and throw a turbo on it maybe a couple of bimmer symbols and pocket the cash :). AHHHH MAYBE NOT

technohustla
11-15-2003, 05:56 PM
hey man, I just don't think you should sell your car period. No one can appreciate a 93 legend ls without driving one. The other thing is, I just don't understand why you want something with a warranty, your car cannot be in danger of coming apart with all your maintainance and effort. I say DON'T DO IT!!! I see you around from time to time and your car is just so sick, you really want to give up drivimg a legend?

Mckenzie
11-16-2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by technohustla
hey man, I just don't think you should sell your car period. No one can appreciate a 93 legend ls without driving one. The other thing is, I just don't understand why you want something with a warranty, your car cannot be in danger of coming apart with all your maintainance and effort. I say DON'T DO IT!!! I see you around from time to time and your car is just so sick, you really want to give up drivimg a legend?

Thanx man..... I defenitaly reconsidered selling it after looking at the condition of the car, the amount of work put into it and potential replacements for it. After considering those things, I have defenitaly decided to keep it. :)

technohustla
11-21-2003, 10:48 AM
:clap: That's what I'm talking about!!! I drive a legend too and I just lost it when I heard you were going to sell your car. Let's face it, there is not many people out there who would take as good of care of it as you do. I believe that the Legend carries it's name for a purpose and owners will attest to that, you made the correct decision to keep that beautiful car.