PDA

View Full Version : Dead pedal...

Davan
11-06-2003, 01:55 PM
The new car has nice shiny aluminum pedals... but no dead pedal beside the clutch...

Can anyone recommend a place I can go to pick one up? Just plain old boring aluminum would probably be the best... I'm not sure that I've ever seen pedals sold separately. I don't want to have to buy a whole set to just get the one peice.

Thanks guys! :thumbsup:

hjr
11-06-2003, 03:44 PM
i think you can get a sparco one if it suits you interest

Davan
11-06-2003, 03:47 PM
From where?

KoukiS14
11-06-2003, 03:48 PM
Man if you are using/need the dead pedal you aren't driving hard enuff ;) :D

xDiMSuMx
11-06-2003, 03:52 PM
razo makes one

RP46

try megazone?

4wheeldrift
11-06-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by NismoS14
Man if you are using/need the dead pedal you aren't driving hard enuff ;) :D Not true, I have a hell of a time holding myself in place even with the race seat and harness in the mustang, which is sans dead pedal. I never knew how much better I was planted in a car with a dead pedal until I had to do without.

INITIALD
11-06-2003, 06:35 PM
I have one sitting around at my house you can have, just make an offer. Its OBX and its aluminum.

Seanith
11-06-2003, 06:45 PM
or get a momo one or something from contemporary

Eric Happy Meal
11-06-2003, 06:56 PM
i dont think ive ever used my dead pedal before.

Davan
11-06-2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by INITIALD
I have one sitting around at my house you can have, just make an offer. Its OBX and its aluminum.

Got any pics?

Although...

I am actually considering replacing ALL the pedals in the car now... I'm finding the rubber grippies on the clutch pedal are actually too sticky.........

When you guys use the clutch, do you move your entire leg or just pivot on your ankle?

I pivot, letting the clutch in and out by letting it slide it on the bottom of my foot... the grippies aren't really letting me do this... heh.

Skyline_Addict
11-07-2003, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by Davan

Got any pics?

Although...

I am actually considering replacing ALL the pedals in the car now... I'm finding the rubber grippies on the clutch pedal are actually too sticky.........

When you guys use the clutch, do you move your entire leg or just pivot on your ankle?

I pivot, letting the clutch in and out by letting it slide it on the bottom of my foot... the grippies aren't really letting me do this... heh.

when I get lazy I just pivot, which happens to be most of the time hehe. anyways you could probably get some decent ones at megazone, just screw up on to the old ones. if u want you could also get one for the accelerator, my friend did that for his m3.

Davetronz
11-07-2003, 09:01 AM
Davan dude! 2x4 cut to specifications and nailed or glued to that floor and you have yourself an easy fix!

Barlow
11-07-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by FastDak318
Davan dude! 2x4 cut to specifications and nailed or glued to that floor and you have yourself an easy fix!

GHETTO STYLES!!!! ;)