PDA

View Full Version : Super Durable Denim Jean

jadeboy
08-12-2009, 10:27 AM
Anyone know of a brand of a super durable men denim jean and locations to buy them in Calgary?

I love jean, but hate to keep replacing them, especially when the jean starts to fray out on the bottom.

GQBalla
08-12-2009, 10:29 AM
Nudies

make sure they are properly hemmed, they are only frayying at the bottom because they drag along the ground

Denslayer
08-12-2009, 10:29 AM
levis :D

Neil4Speed
08-12-2009, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by GQBalla

make sure they are properly hemmed, they are only frayying at the bottom because they drag along the ground

Exactly. Diesel are the most durable fashion jean in my experience.

GQBalla
08-12-2009, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed

Exactly. Diesel are the most durable fashion jean in my experience.

Diesels are also one that seem to last really long.

stay away from sevens they are nice and amazing fitting jeans, but i always seem to have them go thin in areas

atgilchrist
08-12-2009, 10:47 AM
My Joe's Jeans have held up well, but any raw denim should be durable.

brandon
08-12-2009, 11:03 AM
Nudies

I don't know what you're talking about.. I have been rocking nudies for years because the style and fit is amazing.. but the quality of the denim is shit! so easy to tear.

97'Scort
08-12-2009, 11:13 AM
I have the super-cheap ass Dakotas from Work Wearhouse that I wear to the plant. They hold up pretty well, considering I work with acid most of the time. And if they wear out they're only $25/pair to replace :)

GQBalla
08-12-2009, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by brandon

I don't know what you're talking about.. I have been rocking nudies for years because the style and fit is amazing.. but the quality of the denim is shit! so easy to tear.

really?

do you wash them?

brandon
08-12-2009, 11:37 AM

really?

do you wash them?

Once every couple months.. always inside out on gentle and cold wash.. and lay flat to dry..

7thgenvic
08-12-2009, 11:38 AM
get your jeans hemmed?

Rstar
08-12-2009, 11:42 AM
there are carheart jeans too. I've never had a pair, but i'm willing to bet they are fairly strong...

brandon
08-12-2009, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by 7thgenvic
get your jeans hemmed?

If that comment was towards me... my jeans aren't dragging on the ground.. the bottom cuff is fine with no rips.. it's the groin area that rips.

GQBalla
08-12-2009, 11:59 AM

Once every couple months.. always inside out on gentle and cold wash.. and lay flat to dry..

hrm interesting

no idea why, maybe you scratch your balls too much "D i kid i kid

garyb
08-12-2009, 12:38 PM

If that comment was towards me... my jeans aren't dragging on the ground.. the bottom cuff is fine with no rips.. it's the groin area that rips.

ive noticed this in all my jeans too. wanna know what causes it?
wearin em gangsta styles yaoh! can't count how many jeans ive wrecked skating cuz my pants be o too low shiiiet

max_boost
08-12-2009, 12:44 PM
I don't think durable and designer go hand in hand lol I've ripped every pair of 7's and Rock's I've owned.

The most durable jeans I've owned are always the cheaper ones.

GQBalla
08-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
I don't think durable and designer go hand in hand lol I've ripped every pair of 7's and Rock's I've owned.

lol true, sevens and rocks are cheapo.

citizens are also pretty good.

trues are so so, better than sevens

diesel is up there

max_boost
08-12-2009, 12:49 PM

lol true, sevens and rocks are cheapo.

citizens are also pretty good.

trues are so so, better than sevens

diesel is up there

it's material and stitching too but designer jeans are just so much nicer. makes a difference lol i just got a new batch of jeans but i'm going to baby them this time. only wear them when i need to, wash them less frequently, try to prolong their life. haha

GQBalla
08-12-2009, 12:51 PM

it's material and stitching too but designer jeans are just so much nicer. makes a difference lol i just got a new batch of jeans but i'm going to baby them this time. only wear them when i need to, wash them less frequently, try to prolong their life. haha

werd,

i rarely wash my jeans, just don't be rolling in dirt hehe

stevieo
08-12-2009, 11:23 PM
i find diesels to be thicker than most. very durable
trues are better than my rocks and sevens and nudies
i feel the sevens are the thinnest and my nudies look like they will rip at my crotch for sure haha

flipstah
08-12-2009, 11:44 PM

Seven's are thin (but soft and comfy) and some R&R have thick denim. William Rast are nice jeans too but Nudies are the bomb!

All in all, any pair of jeans are tough. :thumbsup:

I hem all of mine though because I'm a short Asian guy. Now THOSE go hand in hand.

:rofl:

wes_v
08-12-2009, 11:54 PM
where can i buy nudies except from holt?

retarded_hobo
08-13-2009, 12:26 AM
henry/leo's/source/aritzia/brooklyn clothing

ps NOT washing your nudies will make it easier to tear apart cause of oil build up and stuff....

Splooge
08-13-2009, 12:09 PM
Yeah Diesels are super durable, G-Star is pretty good too.

FiveFreshFish
08-13-2009, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Rstar
there are carheart jeans too. I've never had a pair, but i'm willing to bet they are fairly strong...

Carhartt

http://www.carhartt.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?storeId=10051&catalogId=10101&langId=-1&categoryId=10931

dropdat
08-14-2009, 12:36 AM
Go Diesel, I will not wear any other jean. I have over 15 pairs and every one still looks amazing, even after 5+ years of wear.

My brother even has a few pair of my Diesel handmedowns that must be over 8 or 9 years old and still look good.

They are the best jean I have ever wore, I have nudies, pradas, some trues and alexander mcqueens in my closet and I ignore them all. Also, I'm one of those people that wash after every wear, so many of my jeans must have 80+ washes to them and still look great.

project240
08-14-2009, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

Carhartt

http://www.carhartt.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?storeId=10051&catalogId=10101&langId=-1&categoryId=10931

I wear the double knee Carhartts while working (as a carpenter) and they are extremely durable. Obviously sounds like OP is looking for "fashion" wear, but for work wear these are top notch. About 2 years ago I bought a few new pairs to go along with the couple I already had and other than a bit of paint of them, they still look like new. And to top it off, they are super comfortable.

jadeboy
08-14-2009, 09:20 PM
Ok.. got myself a Blue Carhartt Jean at Mark's Work Warehouse.. unfortunately... they don't have a black (any know where they sell black version in Calgary).... going to look for Diesel Jean on ebay.

Kavy
08-14-2009, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by jadeboy
going to look for Diesel Jean on ebay.

I wouldn't to be honest, Chinese knockoffs run rampant on EBay.

Buy from a real internet retailer or from underground, skip Hot gossip.

Hakkola
08-14-2009, 09:35 PM
+1 for Diesel, I've had several pairs that have lasted over 4 years.

I buy $300 jeans, but I probably spend less on jeans than most people because they last so long, definitely worth it.

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
08-14-2009, 10:45 PM
$$$$$
Originally posted by dropdat
Go Diesel, I will not wear any other jean. I have over 15 pairs and every one still looks amazing, even after 5+ years of wear.

My brother even has a few pair of my Diesel handmedowns that must be over 8 or 9 years old and still look good.

They are the best jean I have ever wore, I have nudies, pradas, some trues and alexander mcqueens in my closet and I ignore them all. Also, I'm one of those people that wash after every wear, so many of my jeans must have 80+ washes to them and still look great.

I don't believe that you wash your diesels after every wear, I used to do that, the frays in the pockets were absurd. The pair of jeans went in a year.

However, I agree, Diesels are amongst the strongest, they were originally made in Italy for construction workers.

If you want strong jeans, just feel them, if they're tougher denim then they're gonna last, makes perfect sense.
If your jeans are to tight, then they're gonna rip. If they're to big they're gonna rip. Buy jeans that fit, make sure they feel durable, and wash them once every ten wears or so.

loass720
08-15-2009, 03:08 PM
You want good jeans? I think these should last!

http://www.sewgirlyalterations.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/chuck.jpg

Sakui77
08-15-2009, 06:56 PM
nudies ftl the denim is too thin = crotch holes. get some 19-21oz naked and famous denim thick and durable. similar priced as nudies

anhsicun
08-15-2009, 07:10 PM
stay away from nudies they look nice but rips in the crotch area. i would stick with diesel they seem to last for along time. also don't wash your jeans too often since they can take more of beating. i wash my jeans like once every few months since i wear track pants to work 6 days / week.

when buying jeans thick one seems to last longer but there too heavy for summer so have a good selection of thin / thick jeans. your other option is buying some thick heavy raw japanese denim, they will last you years only down side is for the 1st 2 weeks they feel like cradboard lol. good luck with your next purchase.

Raven_R1
08-16-2009, 08:19 PM
I only wear True Religion and Diesel

caffeine
08-17-2009, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Sakui77
nudies ftl the denim is too thin = crotch holes. get some 19-21oz naked and famous denim thick and durable. similar priced as nudies

I came here to post the same.

psycoticclown
08-17-2009, 08:57 AM
See if you can get some Koyo Jeans, great jeans, haven't ripped on me, look great and relatively cheap compared to RnR, SFAM's, etc. Only thing is you might have trouble finding them.