PDA

View Full Version : can my bikerack help performance

brandnewhonda
08-12-2009, 05:00 PM
i got a new honda and was thinkin that my rack could be on my car and it would weight down the back and help handinling. i wouldnt put no plastic spoiler taped there to help handing cause that would look ghetto but if you say it woulnd help i may do it what do you guys think? o ya its a brand new civic.

Nismorphed
08-12-2009, 05:03 PM
Are you for real??? Haven't you noticed everyone is doing this already??? Its also a plus when you break down you can bike home...

Hakkola
08-12-2009, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by brandnewhonda
i got a new honda and was thinkin that my rack could be on my car and it would weight down the back and help handinling. i wouldnt put no plastic spoiler taped there to help handing cause that would look ghetto but if you say it woulnd help i may do it what do you guys think? o ya its a brand new civic.

You know your civic is front wheel drive, right? You would be adding weight on top, which will slightly raise the center of gravity which would likely negate any potential gain in weight balance, which to be honest, with a civic, I have no idea how front heavy it is...

In any case, no.

SKR
08-12-2009, 10:26 PM
Maybe you should hang some weights off the front like a tractor.

http://constructionequipment.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/challenger.gif

gam0s
08-12-2009, 10:33 PM
:facepalm: