PDA

View Full Version : SOUTHERN MOTORS - Michigan

arcmark
08-12-2009, 07:44 PM
I recently purchased a muscle car from Southern Motors.com after being totally taken away with their photo's and video of the car. The Sales Manager presented the car very nicely and somewhat thoroughly. But here was my problem?

First, I was the stupid one not to go and see it personnally, but after talking to him, was assured the car was everything, and more?

Second, I didn't have an inspection done privately, as everything seemed OK? The video and photo's made you think you were right there and could see anything you wanted too see. I was seriously wrong!

After receiving the car from the transporter (another very expensive cost), and in anticipation of seeing my new fun ride, I needed to take it for its first quick spin. Only to notice, it needed Gas! (Hopefully the Gas Gauge Works?) Proceeding to drive it over to a gas station for fuel, a buddy notice's anti-freeze running out from underneath? We opened the hood only to find a by-pass hose was tightened so much to its fitting, that it was severed and obviously "toasted". Thus the leak! After fixing that, I proceeded to take the car over for a Safety Inspection, (Required for All Cars Imported from the USA) only to have a cosmetic aluminium hub on the front of the fan, unscrew itself, and continue to force itself through the front of my radiator. Oh Wow, Fun again? Oh Yes, since I haven't got a repair station near by, I needed a tow truck to take me back to my garage. (Cost is now starting add up!)

Then, after fixing that problem, and suspecting something else might be wrong, I took the car over a respectible hot rod shop for further assessment prior to taking the car to an inspection facility. Once the car was lifted onto the hoist, more interesting things became apparent! eg. Trans. Torq. Converter welded to the Flex Plate? Why?? Battery cable and Fuel Line routed together??? No Wiper Motor?? No Emerg. Brake?? Front "A" Frame Bushings Shot!! Brakes, Hose's and Rear Spring Bushing's Shot!! Oh yes, someone also decided to grind out the sides of the rear springs to make additional room for the rear tire's????? Oh for sure, I would have obviously done this as well, If I was still 12 year's old!!???????? Who would do this, and why?????

Additional comment's made by the them were: " 3" Exhaust ", whereas it only has 2 1/2" with some kind of 3" extension's, sort of welded onto them? "Frame Rail Connector's." (I'm sorry, but I still can't find them?)

Finally, as stated: "A Really Fun Car to Drive", except they forgot to say that the rear tires are bias ply, and the fronts are radials??? Oh-boy is that fun to drive, especially on my first driving experience??? Where are their mechanic's, and what do they look at, when they preach all their tune's??????

I found that Michigan does not require Safety Inspections for any vehicles,,,,, so, Beware!!!

Southern Motors brag's of buying and re-selling premium muscle cars found in the South? But mine was registered in Michigan, how is that "Southern"??

I will probably fix all MY problem's, but I want all to know, buyer BEWARE!!! SOUTHERN MOTORS is nothing close to what they advertise to be! If you can find a vehicle comparable or better to the one they advertise, check out the other's first!!! Otherwise you'll be going through the same hassle's and none comittment attitude they possess. GOOD LUCK!!!? Especially if your thinking of buying a car from SOUTHERN MOTORS.com

After talking to them and describing my problem's during and after its arrival, I've been told to "FIX IT!" as its a 43 year old car and nothing is what it seem's!

THANKS - SOUTHERN MOTORS.com, I'll surely will remember you in my will!!!! So, people watch-out for these very nice guy's and their very nice photo's and video's telling everyone how much they want you to buy one on their "Southern Motor" car's!!!!!!???????????

It will now cost me another $10-14K to make this thing insurable and safe for Canadian street's. So remember, SOUTHERN MOTORS.com for all your muscle car need's!!!! Ha-Ha-Ha!!!!!

Signed: A VERY UNSATISFIED CUSTOMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kona9
08-12-2009, 07:52 PM
SOUTHERN MOTORS.com seems like a crappy place to deal with.

Kudos to owning up to your mistakes from the get go and pointing the finger at them as well as yourself.

Thanks for the heads up on SOUTHERN MOTORS.com

edit- post pics of car

arcmark
08-12-2009, 08:54 PM
HI Kona9, thnks for the suppport! They need their ass kicked!!!!

arcmark
08-12-2009, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by arcmark
I recently purchased a muscle car from Southern Motors.com after being totally taken away with their photo's and video of the car. The Sales Manager presented the car very nicely and somewhat thoroughly. But here was my problem?

First, I was the stupid one not to go and see it personnally, but after talking to him, was assured the car was everything, and more?

Second, I didn't have an inspection done privately, as everything seemed OK? The video and photo's made you think you were right there and could see anything you wanted too see. I was seriously wrong!

After receiving the car from the transporter (another very expensive cost), and in anticipation of seeing my new fun ride, I needed to take it for its first quick spin. Only to notice, it needed Gas! (Hopefully the Gas Gauge Works?) Proceeding to drive it over to a gas station for fuel, a buddy notice's anti-freeze running out from underneath? We opened the hood only to find a by-pass hose was tightened so much to its fitting, that it was severed and obviously "toasted". Thus the leak! After fixing that, I proceeded to take the car over for a Safety Inspection, (Required for All Cars Imported from the USA) only to have a cosmetic aluminium hub on the front of the fan, unscrew itself, and continue to force itself through the front of my radiator. Oh Wow, Fun again? Oh Yes, since I haven't got a repair station near by, I needed a tow truck to take me back to my garage. (Cost is now starting add up!)

Then, after fixing that problem, and suspecting something else might be wrong, I took the car over a respectible hot rod shop for further assessment prior to taking the car to an inspection facility. Once the car was lifted onto the hoist, more interesting things became apparent! eg. Trans. Torq. Converter welded to the Flex Plate? Why?? Battery cable and Fuel Line routed together??? No Wiper Motor?? No Emerg. Brake?? Front "A" Frame Bushings Shot!! Brakes, Hose's and Rear Spring Bushing's Shot!! Oh yes, someone also decided to grind out the sides of the rear springs to make additional room for the rear tire's????? Oh for sure, I would have obviously done this as well, If I was still 12 year's old!!???????? Who would do this, and why?????

Additional comment's made by the them were: " 3" Exhaust ", whereas it only has 2 1/2" with some kind of 3" extension's, sort of welded onto them? "Frame Rail Connector's." (I'm sorry, but I still can't find them?)

Finally, as stated: "A Really Fun Car to Drive", except they forgot to say that the rear tires are bias ply, and the fronts are radials??? Oh-boy is that fun to drive, especially on my first driving experience??? Where are their mechanic's, and what do they look at, when they preach all their tune's??????

I found that Michigan does not require Safety Inspections for any vehicles,,,,, so, Beware!!!

Southern Motors brag's of buying and re-selling premium muscle cars found in the South? But mine was registered in Michigan, how is that "Southern"??

I will probably fix all MY problem's, but I want all to know, buyer BEWARE!!! SOUTHERN MOTORS is nothing close to what they advertise to be! If you can find a vehicle comparable or better to the one they advertise, check out the other's first!!! Otherwise you'll be going through the same hassle's and none comittment attitude they possess. GOOD LUCK!!!? Especially if your thinking of buying a car from SOUTHERN MOTORS.com

After talking to them and describing my problem's during and after its arrival, I've been told to "FIX IT!" as its a 43 year old car and nothing is what it seem's!

THANKS - SOUTHERN MOTORS.com, I'll surely will remember you in my will!!!! So, people watch-out for these very nice guy's and their very nice photo's and video's telling everyone how much they want you to buy one on their "Southern Motor" car's!!!!!!???????????

It will now cost me another $10-14K to make this thing insurable and safe for Canadian street's. So remember, SOUTHERN MOTORS.com for all your muscle car need's!!!! Ha-Ha-Ha!!!!!

Signed: A VERY UNSATISFIED CUSTOMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jlude
08-12-2009, 08:59 PM
ya post pics of the car

really though... you bought a car without even looking at it?

I don't know how much you spent, but if it's more than 10k... hop a 500$ return flight down there to look at the fuckin' thing. :facepalm:

Kona9
08-13-2009, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Jlude
ya post pics of the car

really though... you bought a car without even looking at it?

I don't know how much you spent, but if it's more than 10k... hop a 500$ return flight down there to look at the fuckin' thing. :facepalm:

No need to worry about this tool. Perhaps he either doesn't know shit from shinola, or he is a troll.

The guy is sending me retarded PMs unrelated to anything.

:facepalm:

skyline_jazzman
08-13-2009, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Kona9

No need to worry about this tool. Perhaps he either doesn't know shit from shinola, or he is a troll.

The guy is sending me retarded PMs unrelated to anything.

:facepalm:

hmmmmmm sounds like the op is venting online about a bad experience

if there was propane involved u would be more sympathetic

Kona9
08-13-2009, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by skyline_jazzman

hmmmmmm sounds like the op is venting online about a bad experience

if there was propane involved u would be more sympathetic

WOW you can read? Excellent work Jazzy! Perhaps that's why I agreed with him in my reply. Neat concept hey?

You failed at humor with your second sentence. Apparently you are one of those people that doesn't mind being taken for money. Either that or you aren't smart enough to know when people are scamming you.