PDA

View Full Version : Mac Hall

xDiMSuMx
11-06-2003, 07:59 PM
Does anyone know if there are any open spaces in the foodcourt or downstairs by the arcade for a small fast food place?

and does anyone know how much the rent is?

thx

boi-alien
11-06-2003, 09:04 PM
go talk to the students union, everything in mac hall is owned and provisioned by them. Rent is fairly expensive from what i know. Also the process of getting approved by the students union is long and strenuous!

logix
11-06-2003, 09:35 PM
the food court isn't part of the students union??

Weapon_R
11-06-2003, 09:51 PM
Rent is extremely expensive for the rooms that are available. There are very long and tedious bylaws that have been drafted for each business. What kind of place were you looking to open? A business will NOT be allowed to open if the SU feels that it will infringe on the business of another operation.

sandman
11-06-2003, 10:23 PM
yea i heard thas y they cant opn a mcdicks there

max_boost
11-06-2003, 10:27 PM
I see Pepsi everywhere at U of C and McDonald's uses Coke! hehe

AquamosH
11-06-2003, 10:30 PM
I think A&W serves Coke, they just can't advertise that they do.

I heard there was a pop machine that dispenses Coke in engineering??

EK 2.0
11-06-2003, 10:31 PM
Yeah, I rmember when they signed over to the Pepsi Cola Company a few years back...we couldnt have Coke there...man it sucked...:thumbsdow

Weapon_R
11-06-2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD
Yeah, I rmember when they signed over to the Pepsi Cola Company a few years back...we couldnt have Coke there...man it sucked...:thumbsdow

Pepsi made a huge charitable donation to the University of Calgary and the SU, and that is why the whole campus is Pepsi only - some vendors still serve coca-cola, but its on the DL.

EK 2.0
11-06-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

Pepsi made a huge charitable donation to the University of Calgary and the SU, and that is why the whole campus is Pepsi only - some vendors still serve coca-cola, but its on the DL.

What about the donation that Coke made to me, by giving me the energy with which to stay awake for some of the most boring classes ever??...lol

WhiteNikes
11-06-2003, 10:43 PM
I know of certian clubs that have Coke on hand, but they tell me that they as well have to keep it on the DL. I often wondered about the rent there, because the guy who runs the comic shop never really seems all that busy, but he's been around for quite some time it sems.

thich
11-06-2003, 10:46 PM
all of the areas in MacHall are booked for the next 5 years (checked last year... so i know :P)

BUT you may want to go and book an appointment and put your name down on the list for dibs on the next open spot

kaput
11-06-2003, 10:47 PM

Ashkente
11-07-2003, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by AquamosH
I think A&W serves Coke, they just can't advertise that they do.

Afaik, they were there (and serving Coke) before the U cut a deal with Pepsi, so they're an exception.

xDiMSuMx
11-07-2003, 01:10 AM
so i probably won't be able to open one up this year huh?

was thinking of getting a vietnamese sub place in there

well i guess i'll go talk to the students union and see..
is there any place besides mac hall with a foodcourt?

sandman
11-07-2003, 01:56 AM
a couple places by murray frasier hall rooms 160 n stuff...n theres a coule places in ICT too...all mac hall needs is more places man.it should b mac hell....its like this thing that sucks u in and makes u skip.....especially w/ online notes...ive jus stopped going to classes and jus go to labs and cram before exams...we spend the day moving from workroom to workroom in mackimmie coz we never book :rofl:
plus we jus sit there n talk and laugh loudly...never get shit done

littledan
11-07-2003, 10:50 AM
shiet the uofa here in edmonton inked a deal with coke so now pepsi is scarce on campus...

Melinda
11-07-2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by littledan
shiet the uofa here in edmonton inked a deal with coke so now pepsi is scarce on campus...
:werd: Same with SAIT

Weapon_R
11-07-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by xDiMSuMx
so i probably won't be able to open one up this year huh?

was thinking of getting a vietnamese sub place in there

well i guess i'll go talk to the students union and see..
is there any place besides mac hall with a foodcourt?

Unfortunately, there already exists a Vietnamese sub shop, and therefore, you will not be able to open one up if the owners of the existing shop put that specific clause into their contracts, and i'm pretty sure all of them do (which explains why we only have one burger place, one pasta place, one pizza place, etc)

thich
11-07-2003, 12:32 PM
yup.
you won't be able to get a viet sub place in there now anyways
but if you could get one pretty close to the university..... that might work.

max_boost
11-07-2003, 12:41 PM
Where is the Viet sub shop that is already in machall??

thich
11-07-2003, 01:02 PM
at the overpriced bake shop that's next to DQ
i heard the subs suck tho...
i hate it when they put cheese in viet subs!

RSeXy
11-07-2003, 02:43 PM
i like that place! they have good pepperoni stuffed buns!! ...and everything is overpriced in MacHall.

SoSlowDx
11-07-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by thich
at the overpriced bake shop that's next to DQ
i heard the subs suck tho...
i hate it when they put cheese in viet subs!

yup heard that place sucks too.

Thi Thi was suppose to occupy that space:banghead:

we could of got quality viet subs....:drool:

kaput
11-07-2003, 07:11 PM

kenny
11-07-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by littledan

Least they inked the deal with the right company, stupid uofc made a deal with pepsi. :barf:

hampstor
11-19-2003, 02:37 AM
They should've painted the Library tower the pepsi colours and renamed the school 'the university of pepsi'. Many years ago there was a pop machine in Science A that had a button that said 'pepsi surprise'.. it is now gone :(

szw
11-19-2003, 10:46 AM
the nammer subs at u of c are good! Taste healthier than other places... I eat them a lot...haha

thich
11-19-2003, 02:30 PM
how could you have something "taste healthier"? lol
i could just add tofu to just about anything and let's see if that tastes healthier ;)