PDA

View Full Version : Need a box for my subs...

Pynch
11-06-2003, 08:45 PM
Just wondering if anyone had any ideas or blueprints. Im drivin a 02 civic si with 2 alpline type r's, powered by the alpine MRD-M500 and i also have apline type r 6 1/2's in the rear and 5 1/4's in the doors. I'd like to have ports in the box but i have no clue how to build a port into a box. I can build a simple sealed sub box but now i got ports and lost. Any help would be great guys thanks.

Barlow
11-07-2003, 10:15 AM
no actual knowledge behind this, but my bro built a box sealed and wouoldn't you just have to cut a hole in the piece b4 you actually assemble the box rogether??? and if this is totally wrong ppl will start looking and replying to your thread ;)

Weapon_R
11-07-2003, 11:59 AM
Post in the marketplace, I think I remember someone selling a complete custom box that fits two subwoofers for really cheap - and it looked amazing.

pear
11-07-2003, 07:20 PM
i can build u a box what ever the hell u want man, im inspirering to be a cabinet maker so if u want we can talk about this

GT2NV
11-07-2003, 08:26 PM
what size are your subs, i think ive got a box for you

Pynch
11-08-2003, 03:21 AM
they be 12"

hondarunner
11-08-2003, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by black94gt
what size are your subs, i think ive got a box for you
if they are 10's i'd be interested

Double0Civic
11-08-2003, 12:12 PM
I can build you a box as well, I have lots of experience making vented and sealed enclosures. also, there are alot of things to consider when making a vented enclosure. the area and length of a port are very important, as well, you cant really add a port to a sealed enclosure, as vented enclosures are generally considerably larger then sealed enclosures, and most likely wouldnt produce the sound you are looking for. PM me if your interested I have pics of other enclosures I have made.

)v(ortal
11-08-2003, 04:22 PM
^^ i also need a box built.. not that i cant build one just that im to lazy....

us PVC pipin for ur ports, or just make a square port in ur box.... like either coming out the front or the side......

i personally like the sound of the square ports... built this one box with it and ill never go back to a rounded port box.... now sumone build me a box for my s10 PM ME!!

-db