PDA

View Full Version : Wheel weights list (editable wiki)

mechdb
08-14-2009, 12:58 PM
If anyone would like to look through a chart of majority of the wheels made and what weight they are, you can find the entire thing here:

http://mechdb.com/index.php/Wheel_weights

I just spent 10 hours editing the thing. They're split up into rim size, and then each list is organized by the rim width. Hope it comes in handy, it's what I used to pick out my SSR Type-C 16x7" rims.

Also, unlike the original source I had to edit all of those from, this is open for updates since it's a wiki based site. If someone sees any errors or has more wheel weights they'd like to add please do so. I'm trying to get this site jump started after I got so sick of constantly having to spend hours digging things up on the net for the cars I work on (since I don't have alldata). Let me know what you think.

nismodrifter
08-14-2009, 01:14 PM
While I appreciate your effort....it's already been done.

http://www.wheelweights.net/
^ This list is HUGE. Best of all, its sortable by NAME, SIZE, or WEIGHT which makes it super easy to use.

mechdb
08-14-2009, 01:25 PM
Well that is actually the entire database I copied. I'm not a big fan of the format that is presented in, and while it does offer the benefit of being able to pick how you'd like to sort them, the advantage I'm trying to offer is a user edited community/list. So that if someone wishes to correct inaccuracies or add more wheels they can do so :). And believe me, there are quite a few in there because I had to go through each item by hand lol.

tirebob
08-14-2009, 03:48 PM
Be a bit skeptical with that list... Not all the weights are acurate. Guys send in the weight of there own wheels, but throwing a 13lb rim on a 20 year old bathroon scale just doesn't cut it!

mechdb
08-14-2009, 03:58 PM
I know what you mean, if anyone submits any of their own weights, I think it would only be for rims that you can't fight the weight for. Anything else, would be better off just checking with the manufacturer. I also just finished formatting the wheel bolt pattern list from this forum on there as well:

http://mechdb.com/index.php/Wheel_bolt_patterns

But that whole list doesn't look very well done, though it still serves it's purpose. Later when I get a chance I'm going to go over it with a few others I've seen and try to combine them.

Another thing I didn't like about the original website was that I could tell the program he used to generate the table didn't know how to count properly. Because all wheels that were wider than 10", it would place at the beginning. So first you'd have all the 10-13" wide wheels and then start again with the smallest 7" wide ones (ie). I fixed that. There are tons of konig wheels ont hat list missing their names as well. Still, it's better than nothing, and hopefully with time and enough user editing it can evolve into something even better.

P.S. Funny you're from Calgary, one of my exes is from there too so I'm probably one of the few people here in Florida that knows something about it (other than tourist Canadians lol).