PDA

View Full Version : Axle click.

drifttube123
08-14-2009, 03:11 PM
Brought my car in the dealership today because of a click sound when starting off. I had read a bunch of treads on this issue, I mentioned to them that there was a TSB issed on this. The dealership said it was only valid in the US.
Basically they still charged me 60 is diagnose, and 236 labor to fix (both sides, although I think it was only the drivers side making the sound), no new parts were needed. Was this a fair price? Some threads have said the dealership only charged $80 (USD) for this (probably for only one side.)

gretz
08-14-2009, 03:19 PM
What exactly did they fix if they didn't use any parts?

Kloubek
08-14-2009, 03:28 PM
Let's see... you didn't tell us what they actually DID, and you want us to tell you if you got a decent deal?

I'm not sure what the price is to fix a "click" these days. I'd generally suggest $25 per 10 decibels of click. Did you happen to measure the volume of the click? Based on this formula, unless the click was the equivalent volume of a jet engine, I say you paid too much.

At least tell us what the service bulletin was for maybe?

rc2002
08-14-2009, 04:01 PM
Sounds to me like a worn CV joint. To put it into perspective, a reman axle is about $100 if you trade in your core. Add an hour for labour and you're around $236.

But without more information, we can't really help you.

drifttube123
08-14-2009, 04:16 PM
Sorry guys, I posted this here by accident, it was supposed to be in the Ap1/Ap2 threads.
Anyways, they are basically taking off the axle nut, regreesing and retorqing to 220 lb-ft. Thats it.