PDA

View Full Version : Stolen kevlar hood!! wat would u do

sircd5
08-14-2009, 09:47 PM
well to start it off. my 94 Accord was stolen easter morning! around forest lawn/dover area, ya i know go figure huh lol. so 3 days later the cops found it ditched in an ally, in forest lawn. everything was still ok wit the car, ignition in tack, no damage. just that they stole my tools, sterio, and ramdon shit. and most important my kevlar carbon hood. i payed a lot of money for.

so just over a month ago my roommate found my hood fr sale on kijiji. i messaged him but got no responce. and shortly after seeing on kiji, i am now seeing my hood on another accord driving around forest lawn :banghead: i have never seen a hood like this one on my gen accord. it really stands out... i know its my hood, and i get the worst feeeling everytime i see it drive by me!! i dunno wat to do. he prolly bought it from from the guy, and isnt really guilty. i have proof i bought the hood, but would probably need a serial number or something to match on the hood to ID it as the one bought. but i dont think the hood had one. no numbers letters or markings. but does have things of signifigance that i can ID.
sorry about the big long post, but im just venting lol cause its really pissing me off. ill try to post some pics of what it looked like

sircd5
08-14-2009, 09:52 PM
it had a greenish yellow color to it, wit the black weave.

tobypaddock
08-14-2009, 09:55 PM
did u not make a claim thru insurance to make up for what u lost? if so then what is the problem, use the money they gave u to replace it...

sircd5
08-14-2009, 09:58 PM
i only Had PLPD, and it didnt cover theift.

tobypaddock
08-14-2009, 10:02 PM
theres not really anything u can do, the guy that has it now didnt do anything wrong.
if the ad is still up check the "view posters other items" or whatever and email him about them, find out where he lives and fuck his shit up... over and over.

sircd5
08-14-2009, 10:06 PM
lmao, id love to. but the ad isnt up anymore... i know it sucks, the guy who has it now prolly did buy it , and has no idea. i just hate seeing my hood drive by my, such a shity feelin.

dirtsniffer
08-14-2009, 10:06 PM
you could shoot the guys hood.. see if the kevlar stands up?
:dunno:

kidding aside, that must suck seeing him all the time.. if you ever get the chance tell him its a dope hood and ask him where he got it.. try to get the sellers address or something...

97'Scort
08-14-2009, 10:49 PM
I'd honestly suggest that instead of spending money on car mods, you buy a dictionary. You skullfucked the English language so bad, its kids are going to feel it.

Xtrema
08-14-2009, 11:52 PM
^ don't expect so much from a NE thread.

AaronK
08-15-2009, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by 97'Scort
I'd honestly suggest that instead of spending money on car mods, you buy a dictionary. You skullfucked the English language so bad, its kids are going to feel it.

LOL'd so hard. I was thinking the exact same thing...

SpoonEK9@STRD
08-15-2009, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by tobypaddock
theres not really anything u can do, the guy that has it now didnt do anything wrong.
if the ad is still up check the "view posters other items" or whatever and email him about them, find out where he lives and fuck his shit up... over and over.

Actually, its stolen property no matter how many hands its been through. He can get charged for possession of stolen property, if you can prove that it is yours. When confronted by the police he could spill the beans about where he got the hood too.

euro_racer
08-15-2009, 01:09 AM
haha funny thing is i saw the car you are talking about just the other day and noticed the hood!!

Joe-G
08-15-2009, 01:16 AM
Try to confront the guy and pretend to ask where he got the hood?
There may be a chance that the guy didnt sell it at all. Bring a couple friends?

Or if you can find out where he lives, take the hood back. Find out where the hood latch is routed, pop it open, and bam...lol

Or if you really wanted to go about it a different way, try to follow him home. Engrave your name in the clearcoat somewhere near the side, and you now have proof that its yours... Just dont get caught! :D

By then, you could just call up the police saying you saw your stolen hood on a car with the given plate number. Tell them the exact location of where you marked it, and you would get it back.

chrispl
08-15-2009, 02:37 PM
is the hood on a white accord with a body kit?

sircd5
08-15-2009, 03:46 PM
no,my car is white. but no body kit, just stock lips. the car its on now is like a weird blue/grey color, and frenders that are not painted

sircd5
08-15-2009, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

thanks. im s.e. and just moved here. didnt know it was a grammer test as well, shoulda tried more on my spelling, sorry

:dunno: lol

tobypaddock
08-15-2009, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by SpoonEK9@STRD

Actually, its stolen property no matter how many hands its been through. He can get charged for possession of stolen property, if you can prove that it is yours. When confronted by the police he could spill the beans about where he got the hood too.

he already said he had no proof (serial number) so good luck trying that.
i could try that with someones rims i wanted, the cops arent going to charge the guy and get it back to you, even with pictures.

B4tMan
08-15-2009, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
:)

Isaiah
08-15-2009, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by SpoonEK9@STRD

Correct. If it can be proven that it's your hood, the current owner can be charged with possession of stolen property. I would go to the cops, given that you should still have the original police report from when it was stolen, and leave it to them to confront the owner. If they are interested in catching a car thief, you would think they would follow up with a decent lead. Make sure you get the other Accord's plate number and off you go.

92rx7
08-15-2009, 05:50 PM
steal that shit back bro

adidas
08-15-2009, 06:08 PM
Damn that must suck!

Cops arent going to do much for you, i would just confront the guy and get my hood back!