PDA

View Full Version : WANTED: someone to rent me their beater

CJewels
08-16-2009, 11:45 AM
need it for 2 weeks. will top up gas and pay $100 for your troubles.

my car will be in the shop for two weeks so i just need someones winter beater which they are not using that runs great and wont break down to get me to work.

price is kind of negotiable. let me know ASAP via pm

G-ZUS
08-16-2009, 11:51 AM
you expect someone to rent you their car for 2 weeks for 100 bucks? That's 7.14 a day. I have a pos 89 Accord exi sitting in my aunts backyard, I would consider renting but not for that cheap. Your insurance or mine?

It's not really pos but it is a 20 year old car, the good thing is it won't leave territorial marks on your drive way and it's not next to no rust on it :eek:

raymondman
08-16-2009, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by G-ZUS
you expect someone to rent you their car for 2 weeks for 100 bucks? That's 7.14 a day. I have a pos 89 Accord exi sitting in my aunts backyard, I would consider renting but not for that cheap. Your insurance or mine?

Well if its the biggest POS ever $100 is fine. These days you can buy a beater for $500.

badatusrnames
08-16-2009, 12:03 PM
And how is insurance going to work? I'm sure the insurance company wouldn't appreciate someone letting a random drive their car around for two weeks...

Just buy a beater for a couple hundred bucks and sell it when you're all done...

CJewels
08-16-2009, 12:07 PM
well most insurance companies let friends drive their car, its not a big deal. it would just mean im liable for any accidents - which is fine - im a really safe driver.

if someone has a beater for a couple hundred bucks that RUNS well and is reliable PM me. i dont give a damn about body damage, rust, etc.

need this ASAP

96GrandAMGT
08-16-2009, 12:29 PM
i know my insurance company only insures ME....

badatusrnames
08-16-2009, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by CJewels
well most insurance companies let friends drive their car, its not a big deal. it would just mean im liable for any accidents - which is fine - im a really safe driver.

if someone has a beater for a couple hundred bucks that RUNS well and is reliable PM me. i dont give a damn about body damage, rust, etc.

need this ASAP

Yeah, let friends drive it temporarily, and IIRC most companies want them to have their own insurance on their own vehicle as well. If you rack up the car and the truth comes out that you're a total stranger that I let drive my vehicle for two weeks for $100, they likely aren't going to be willing to pay out. It wouldn't even be the damage you've done the beater, just the liability issues in the event you hit someone else.

What about a deposit? What's not to say you'll just take the car and never come back with it or roll it off a cliff or something?

EDIT: Sorry, I retract it all. I just read that you're a really safe driver, which I have no reason to doubt. You can come pick up my car ASAP and go nuts...

CJewels
08-16-2009, 01:04 PM
lol i was just checking if anyone wanted to work something out =)

i would be more than willing to sign a document saying that ill pay for anything if i get into an accident or lose the car off a cliff.

either way, buy a beater or rent someones i dont care i just need one ASAP

vietdood
08-16-2009, 01:10 PM
What I drive: E46 BMW

need it for 2 weeks. will top up gas and pay $100 for your troubles.

:facepalm:

tomt64
08-16-2009, 01:12 PM
How much did the rentals quote you for 2 weeks?

-TOFU-
08-16-2009, 01:15 PM
i have a 1990 pontiac 6000 beater to sell for $200

dkmlam
08-16-2009, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by vietdood
What I drive: E46 BMW

:facepalm:

The OP wants a beater, not an E46... :facepalm:

rage2
08-16-2009, 01:18 PM
That's not how insurance works. Insurance follows the car (and in some cases only covers specific drivers if there's a history of loaning the car out/claims).

i would be more than willing to sign a document saying that ill pay for anything if i get into an accident or lose the car off a cliff.
Why would you do that? If you hit and hurt someone, and they rack up 500k of medical bills, you want to pay for this yourself and not have insurance cover it?

vietdood
08-16-2009, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by dkmlam

The OP wants a beater, not an E46... :facepalm:

look at what he drives :facepalm: :facepalm:

CJewels
08-16-2009, 04:36 PM
buying a beater from a fellow beyonder tonight

thanks for the laughs guys!