sweeks
08-16-2009, 12:34 PM
8I54mlK0kVw

dirtsniffer
08-16-2009, 12:53 PM
good ol' propaganda :nut:

n1zm0
08-16-2009, 12:57 PM
reminds me of those aussie vids from drivers ed back in the day, do they still show those?, get the message across point blank.

kevie88
08-16-2009, 01:13 PM
Excellent video.. this should be mandatory viewing when you get your licence. Very accurate representation of a fatal accident scene..

god there are sooo many teeniebopper girls driving around texting these days. One tried to hit me yesterday weaving around in and out of her lane.. hell I saw a lady on friday reading a book (!!) while driving down Crowchild Trail.

I know it will be hard for most of Beyond to believe, but most accidents are caused by driver inattentiveness, not speed as the government would have you brainwashed to believe. It's harder to give tickets for inattentive drivers than it is for speed.

I read that there are new anti-texting/undue care and attention laws coming that will hopefully give police the tools they need to lay charges against the real problem.. people just not paying any attention to what they are doing.

86max
08-16-2009, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by kevie88
Excellent video.. this should be mandatory viewing when you get your licence. Very accurate representation of a fatal accident scene..

god there are sooo many teeniebopper girls driving around texting these days. One tried to hit me yesterday weaving around in and out of her lane.. hell I saw a lady on friday reading a book (!!) while driving down Crowchild Trail.

:werd:

It's scary how often I see people swerving on the road, at first you think they're drunk, then when you get closer you see them with the cell phone up on their steering wheel.

I doubt the laws will have much effect on the culprits, but like you said, at least it will give police the power to punish them.

dirtsniffer
08-16-2009, 01:35 PM
for sure kevkev! people who can't focus on the road should face big fines.. but i personally feel that targeting specific distractions is a slippery slope.

the skirts on 17 distract me more than my cell does.. should we put laws in against fiiine women?:poosie:

kevie88
08-16-2009, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer
the skirts on 17 distract me more than my cell does.. should we put laws in against fiiine women?:poosie:

Just do what I do when I'm er.. suffering from those sorts of distractions. Park your ride, grab a coffee from Starbucks, and chill out on a bench drinking your coffee and just take it all in.. ahhhh

streetarab
08-17-2009, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by kevie88

I know it will be hard for most of Beyond to believe, but most accidents are caused by driver inattentiveness, not speed as the government would have you brainwashed to believe. It's harder to give tickets for inattentive drivers than it is for speed.

I read that there are new anti-texting/undue care and attention laws coming that will hopefully give police the tools they need to lay charges against the real problem.. people just not paying any attention to what they are doing.
i 100% agree with you, i drive fast and i pay attention and have never been in an at fault accident in 6 years, ive been hit 4 times though by inattentive drivers, twice in the drivers door WHILE NOT MOVING

PremiumRSX
08-19-2009, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer the skirts on 17 distract me more than my cell does.. should we put laws in against fiiine women?:poosie:

A friend of a friend rear-ended a car infront of him while he was checking somebody out. :nut:

Vagabond142
08-20-2009, 09:56 AM
I approve of this video.

I've had my fair share of close calls with inattentive drivers. Of course, I'll have the stereo on, playing mah beats, but as for the actual ACT of driving, the only time I change tracks, CD's, anything like that is either at a fresh red light, or before I set off.

Sadly, I've also seen people reading books, NEWSPAPERS, rifling through CD wallets, doing their makeup, talking on the cell, texting, one dude even had his LAPTOP on the dash above the wheel.

(sigh)

AaronK
08-20-2009, 09:59 AM
Ahahahaha that video is hilarious.

I have been cut off so many times by people that are texting.

Originally posted by Vagabond142
one dude even had his LAPTOP on the dash above the wheel.

(sigh)

Thats hilarious, I would love to see his response if he rear-ended someone. :dunno: