PDA

View Full Version : New Car/Need Ideas

ME_VS_YOU
08-22-2002, 08:06 PM
ok i just bought a 2002 sunfire....and i would like some opinions on mods....i would like to do engine mods first cause i want to eventually run possibly mid 17s-low 16s....im not that engine literate....i do know the basics and some shit but i dont know where to go or who to talk to about mods....what are the cheapest and most common mods to a sunfire???anything you got please throw at me....budget is flexable....but the cheaper the better...

Ferio_vti
08-22-2002, 08:32 PM
Buy a faster car and lose the Sunfire. Haha. Just J/king.
Welcome aboard.

You have a budget?? Or you plan to blow the bank on this?? Cheap and fast never come in the same sentence.

ME_VS_YOU
08-22-2002, 08:44 PM
thanks i hope to meet a few of you soon....but i have no set price to whati am going to spend.....i just want to do the cheap shit first so i can saveup a little cash for the more expensive shit....prolly first i want to get a shifter knob and racing pedals.....but i need engine mod ideas....so i know what i am looking at.....:dunno: i just got no ideas.......and a quick question....i heard that "performance" spank plug wires make a huge difference and can even increase you hp??is that true??

Ekliptix
08-22-2002, 08:49 PM
Intake is cheap. Spark plugs? unless you're turbo'ed/SC'ed, and have crappy plugs then get good one's, you probably won't notice a difference.

RX-7_TWINTURBO
08-22-2002, 09:01 PM
go for intake and exaust
cant list prices or where to get them though cuz i really dont know
mopac maybe ?

Ferio_vti
08-22-2002, 09:03 PM
Yah, just start with the usual bolt-ons. Intake, muffler, headers, catback. You can also look into changing your suspension and lowering you car. Some phat 17"
What Sunfire you got??

Ekliptix
08-22-2002, 09:11 PM
you only need 1 header actually. 2 would just be a waste.

Oh, and if your Sunfire came w/ a spoiler, please don't put another one on. I've seen some Sufires w/ double spoilers.:barf:

You'll probaby gain more then the honda/acura cars w/ i/h/e, cuz those cars are relativly efficient in those areas from the factory.

legendboy
08-22-2002, 09:34 PM
Keep it stock, bone stock looking. No rims or anything. Maybe nitrous or something.

HRD2PLZ
08-22-2002, 10:00 PM
What kind of Sunfire is it?

OMOYYC
08-23-2002, 01:14 AM
If you want faster speed, are you looking for cornering or acceleration? I'd go for nitrous for typical racing because it's cheap and fast :)

ME_VS_YOU
08-23-2002, 12:07 PM
its just a base model...no spoiler no nothing except cd player and mud flaps....i wanted to save as much as i could to do after stock mods

Redlyne_mr2
08-23-2002, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by ME_VS_YOU
its just a base model...no spoiler no nothing except cd player and mud flaps....i wanted to save as much as i could to do after stock mods
intake , exhaust, mayeb some cams...a nitours kit and an afc

Ferio_vti
08-23-2002, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Ekliptix
[B
Oh, and if your Sunfire came w/ a spoiler, please don't put another one on. I've seen some Sufires w/ double spoilers.:barf:
[/B]

Don't get a Ram air hood. Those are damn ugly.

legendboy
08-23-2002, 12:37 PM
Keep it stock to avoid looking foolish http://www.telusplanet.net/public/legend88/Smiles/fingerpoke.gif

three.eighteen.
08-23-2002, 02:41 PM
dont GM dealerships sell a good deal of J-Body tuning stuff?