PDA

View Full Version : CTS-V worth modding?

FraserB
08-17-2009, 04:12 AM
Friend mentioned he wanted to mod his Cadillac and was thinking doing bling rims. I suggested going for performance and basically got laughed by his other friends, got told it wasn't worth it.

Is it worth it add exhaust, headers, intake etc to these cars? What would be a good starting setup?

Tomaz
08-17-2009, 08:31 AM
Well, the power you can get from them can be out of this world! The problem is that the parts are fucking expensive (so I heard).

Good set-up IMO would be Intake, Exhaust, Chip. Word of mouth is that it could get you about +/- 50hp. Not sure if that is true, just what I heard...

schocker
08-17-2009, 09:15 AM
Why would his friends laugh at you, what a bunch of morons. Since it is an LSx it would benefit from some perofrmance mods like stated, exhaust, intake, headers, could go so far as cams and even forced induction if he wants to spend that much money if he would shell out for bling rims.

corsvette
08-17-2009, 10:07 AM
It would be like saying you should not bother modding a Corvette,since the caddys engine is the same the same mods could be done to it.I would go for it,perfomance and exterior,whatever his buget allows.

bituerbo
08-17-2009, 10:43 AM
Is it the LSx or the LS6 engine cts-V?
Either way, good gains can be had by a full exhaust + k&n.

'bling' rims will only hurt performance. It's a sports sedan, not a 300C.

4DoorGTZ
08-17-2009, 03:50 PM
I got aftermarket rims for my cts-v.... wider and lighter but still 18" good for 275 rubber. If he does have a V and want bling rims he should just get a V6 model... bolt pattern on the V causes anything aftermarket to be very expensive.

The #1 mod I would say if you look into it on the forums is aftermarket axles..... yes they're expensive but these cars were known for their grenading diferentials. Cause was the excessive wheelhop, the newest gen cts-v doesnt have that due to its revidsed axles, GM tried to fix the prob with slightly larger axles in '06 but they still hop. It has to do with the wind up and preload on the axles (along with the susp setup), axles with different material and thickness causing different windup rates eliminates wheel hop. Search youtubs for "DSS Axles" you'll see, I previously snaped an axle during wheelhop (at Race city) many others have exploded their diffs.

I got lots of other things done/lined up but no need to write a novel, shoot me a PM if you've got questions or head over to www.cadillacforums.com and check out the CTS-V section (04-07)

Drsuce
08-17-2009, 07:32 PM
yah... stupid to mod a ZO6 vette engine! do your other friends drive civics? :P

go ahead and mod it! but do upgrade the rear end... i suffered a ring & pinon failure in my cobra last summer.... ended costing me nearly $2500 to get everything back together so it wont pop again (ford racing 31 spline posi + 31 spline moser axles) lets just hope the ring & pinion holds this time!

its always far cheaper to upgrade parts BEFORE they explode and cause more damage ;)

pinoyhero
08-17-2009, 07:36 PM
Get him off the play for bling rims, thats a performance car not a pimp mobile

tobypaddock
08-17-2009, 11:16 PM
his other friends are douchebags, any money spent on anything other than bling rims is worth it in my book.

Destinova403
08-17-2009, 11:37 PM
well last i checked nice rims were pretty tough to come by for a CTS-V because they are on that crazy 6 bolt system?

to each their own though, different people find different cars to be worth different amounts of modification.