PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Winter Drivers?

Mikko
11-07-2003, 06:56 AM
Winter is here.

How do people drive like in the winter where you live? How about other places you visited?

What kind of extra nasty, stupid things have you seen happen on the winter roads?

What about the SUV's and Trucks?

Sai
11-07-2003, 08:27 AM
the suv's and the trucks own the roads with there 4 by 4 : \

Ben
11-07-2003, 08:49 AM
I feel much more safe in my Sport Compact Front Wheel Drive Sleigh with winter rubber than I ever did in some huge SUV. The only thing they own at is getting going, but 4wd + 5000lb + Winter c0onditions doesn't help these huge things stop.

szw
11-07-2003, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Ben
I feel much more safe in my Sport Compact Front Wheel Drive Sleigh with winter rubber than I ever did in some huge SUV. The only thing they own at is getting going, but 4wd + 5000lb + Winter c0onditions doesn't help these huge things stop.

but when you plow into the back of another (compact) car, you are more likely to win! That's why they are "safer"!

Ben
11-07-2003, 09:03 AM
well thats just it. I trust myself, but I dont trust any other person on the road.

That being said, I still dont thing SUV's are better in the winter.

Mr.Touchdown
11-07-2003, 09:11 AM
i hate them so bloody much, who needs it. half the people who own them are single paying an arm and a leg for gas ,take up the smaller roads drive like freeking crazys and are pointless in most cases. there i have said my words lol

hjr
11-07-2003, 11:28 AM
A person feels safer in a big truck or SUV in winter or summer. that leads to overconfidence and possibly an accident. that said, my mom in here mini-van isnt much better and thats not really reaking of safty.

xDiMSuMx
11-07-2003, 01:50 PM
a lot of 4x4 and truck drivers are asses in the winter. You can accelerate fast but can't stop for shit

my mom got hit last week while crossing the street by some dumb bitch in a truck that was flying around downtown and couldn't stop in time for a red light. :banghead:

Kona9
11-07-2003, 01:56 PM
is your mom ok? Hopefully!!!!!!!!!!!! Fuckin idiot drivers

A_3
11-07-2003, 02:13 PM
I live out in springbank... home of the SUV's, gets kinda crazy sometimes, roads slick as shit with an H2 right on your ass!

Hakkola
11-07-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by szw

but when you plow into the back of another (compact) car, you are more likely to win! That's why they are "safer"!

If by win, you mean cause more damage so your insurance goes even higher, then yes, I suppose you really do win.

5.9 R/T
11-07-2003, 05:24 PM
Calgary drivers suck year round.

Skyline_Addict
11-08-2003, 12:07 AM
I have never had any first hand experiences in winter worth mentioning. I've seen some pretty deep shit, but have never been in it. So on a personal note, "winter drivers" doesn't really apply as an anomoly to me. All the same.

szw
11-08-2003, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by Hakkola

If by win, you mean cause more damage so your insurance goes even higher, then yes, I suppose you really do win.

Actually I meant that you can cause more bodily injury to the occupents of the other car than you would suffer yourself. But that works too. SUVS:thumbsdow :thumbsdow