PDA

View Full Version : Where do I buy residual soil sterilizer/sterilant?

jmc
08-17-2009, 11:46 PM
I want to get some strong long-lasting residual soil sterilizer/sterilant herbicide.
Already check a few store, but can't seem to find any.
Anyone know of places that sell these?
Thank you

Update:
Purchased, Thanks :thumbsup:

Legless_Marine2
08-18-2009, 08:02 AM
What is it you are trying to do?

Perhaps there is another way without poisoning yourself, your family, and your neighbors.

Legless_Marine2
08-20-2009, 10:12 AM
The OP didn't provide further information, so I'll just add to my previous post:

Soil is difficult to sterilize. There are chemicals that can do this, non-permanently, but most are banned, and you don't want to be living around them.

If you're worried about weeds... regular mowing will keep most of the weeds from going to seed. Even if some did spread, it still wouldn't be liable for any fines from the city.

If you really hate the idea of any living thing in your yard, consider mulching with woodchip or gravel. You should be able to get cheap woodchip from a tree pruning company.

freshprince1
08-20-2009, 12:56 PM
You can get some strong ones at UFA, but you'll need your Pesticide Applicator Certification. I've bought some pretty strong stuff from there before. I suggest using a product that will only neutrilize growth for a season at a time, anything more than that has too many negative side effects.

Or just get Round Up and douse it once a month. Soil neutralizes Round Up, so you'll get new growth after a few weeks, but its a non-invasive way to keep the growth down.