PDA

View Full Version : Favre is back

bashir26
08-18-2009, 01:11 PM
Well he just signed for the Vikings on a 1 yr 10 to 12 million dollar contract. As a packs fan I hope he does horrible. Ppl that get out of te game shoud just stay out. Homo keeps coming back.

schocker
08-18-2009, 01:16 PM
He is just going to do his rounds until he has played for every team :rofl:

Good for him though, will be interesting to see him play again like last season.

Mibz
08-18-2009, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by bashir26
As a packs fan I hope he does horrible. As a Favre fan I hope he gets injured ASAP. I agree that he needed to stay the fuck out of the game.

I have no idea who to cheer for this year.... I'll start with the Colts then whoever beats the Pats first becomes my favourite team :P

Kloubek
08-18-2009, 01:34 PM
He's like the boy that cried wolf. Nobody is going to believe him when he actually retires...

dezmarez
08-18-2009, 02:03 PM
haha i would come back one more year for that money as well

The_1
08-18-2009, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by dezmarez
haha i would come back one more year for that money as well :werd:
cant blame him

DonJuan
08-18-2009, 04:17 PM
Thought I'd grab this from a few weeks ago:

http://forums.beyond.ca/attachment.php?s=&postid=2992538

http://forums.beyond.ca/attachment.php?s=&postid=2992539

Madden is already calling them for the superbowl... crowning thier asses if you will. :) As nutty as Madden is, I can see it too.

DonJuan
08-18-2009, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
whoever beats the Pats first becomes my favourite team :P

You may have a long wait ahead f you. Pats regular season goes: Bills, Jets, Falcons, Ravens, Broncos, Titans, Bucs, BYE, Dolphins, Colts, Jets, Saints, Dolphins, Panthers, Bills, Jags, Texans.

Not till the Colts in week 10 do they play a decent team. Maybe the Falcons will give em trouble MAYBE.... the Broncos or Titans but thats a bigger maybe. I wouldn't bet against them.

Mibz
08-18-2009, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by DonJuan

You may have a long wait ahead f you. Pats regular season goes: Bills, Jets, Falcons, Ravens, Broncos, Titans, Bucs, BYE, Dolphins, Colts, Jets, Saints, Dolphins, Panthers, Bills, Jags, Texans.

Not till the Colts in week 10 do they play a decent team. Maybe the Falcons will give em trouble MAYBE.... the Broncos or Titans but thats a bigger maybe. I wouldn't bet against them. I'll give the Broncos a fighting chance and the Titans a decent chance.

Also, fuck Brady.

oilerfan4lyfe
08-18-2009, 04:45 PM
I just saw on TSN that it's a 2 yr deal worth 25 Mill - their website doesn't say that yet though - I doubt he's going to be much of a difference maker for the Vikings...

spikerS
08-18-2009, 04:47 PM
brady is back boys, and looked in tip top against the eagles.

brady is like jesus, comes back from the dead to lead them to the promise land LOL

i would not be betting against them, unless brady gets hurt again

Mibz
08-18-2009, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by spikers
brady is back boys, and looked in tip top against the eagles.

brady is like jesus, comes back from the dead to lead them to the promise land LOL

i would not be betting against them, unless brady gets hurt again I WILL KILL YOUR FACE, HEATHEN!

Eleanor
08-18-2009, 05:29 PM
:facepalm:

spikerS
08-18-2009, 05:40 PM
I WILL KILL YOUR FACE, HEATHEN!

O' Tom Brady, who came from heaven,
Hallowed be thy Name.
The scores will show,
when the touchdowns come,
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this play, the safety's dread.
And forgive us our trespasses in the end zone.
As we stop those who try to trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
But listen to Bill.
[For this is his kingdom,
and the power, and the glory,
for ever and ever.]
Amen.

horrible I know, but I am happy the pats are back to a full team again.

md14
08-18-2009, 05:45 PM
I'll give the Broncos a fighting chance and the Titans a decent chance.

Also, fuck Brady.

Uh maybe the Broncos under Mike and with Cutler..

Pshh Titans just suck

5hift
08-18-2009, 05:47 PM

Not till the Colts in week 10 do they play a decent team.

How do you define a "decent team"? Jets have the best D in the division, and added a lot to a already good team. Atlanta was 11-5 and a playoff team and only got better in the off season. Baltimore made it to the AFC championship game and lost in a controversial game to the Super Bowl Champs. Titans had the best record in the league last year, and lost on a field goal in the AFC semi final.

95teetee
08-18-2009, 06:50 PM

Madden is already calling them for the superbowl... crowning thier asses if you will. :) As nutty as Madden is, I can see it too. I wouldn't bet the house on it.

Or $20 for that matter.

md14
08-18-2009, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by 5hift

How do you define a "decent team"? Jets have the best D in the division, and added a lot to a already good team. Atlanta was 11-5 and a playoff team and only got better in the off season. Baltimore made it to the AFC championship game and lost in a controversial game to the Super Bowl Champs. Titans had the best record in the league last year, and lost on a field goal in the AFC semi final.

Jets are super iffy at QB and with the depature of Coles as well I dont see there offense doing to much damage, plus I think there going to have some serious issues at the head coaching postion,

Falcons are going to do some damage and Ryan is going to be loving there new tight end tony.

I dont see Titans having half the kind of season they did last year. While Haynesworth is a big loss and all I just think Collins wont be able to strech the offense

bashir26
08-18-2009, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by oilerfan4lyfe
I just saw on TSN that it's a 2 yr deal worth 25 Mill - their website doesn't say that yet though - I doubt he's going to be much of a difference maker for the Vikings...

Its 2 years on paper but in reality its a 1 year 12 millino dollar contract. thats what espn was saying earlier.

as a packers fan I don't like it, as a favre fan for over 10 years I still dont like it. but looking at this at a analyst view vikings will be one tough ass team to beat. The have a complete offense now, and a kick ass defense. I'm pretty sure they will take the division :(

wintonyk
08-19-2009, 12:59 AM
as a vikings fan i don't even know what to say. I personally think Favre is too old. Although I don't think he will have anything better then average, it is a far cry from what gus gave us last year and may be what tavaris needs to see to become a half decent QB.

Although it is preseason I was pretty happy watching sage show his stuff against the colts last week

DonJuan
08-19-2009, 03:04 AM

By all accounts the jets will have a rookie QB. And 2 guys to throw to including Thomas Jones.

Baltimore rides their defense and nothing else. Their running attack only works cuz they have 3 half decent guys runing the ball. Nobody to throw to.

Until VY gets his head in the game they will go no where with Collins, they rely on their defense even more then the Ravens. Last year was a fluke.

I'm waiting for Fins fan.

Although I wouldn't go down to Vegas and bet $100 on New England to win the superbowl undefeated. I still think they have the best shot. Their defense is suspect but that just means that games are all gonna be shootouts with huge scores.

If Farve can play for the whole season like how he did with the Jets for the first half of last year, then he will make names out of the Vikings no-name recievers. And it will be a great team. That is a really old, whiney, white bearded, southern tractor riding, IF.

AaronK
08-19-2009, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by md14

Uh maybe the Broncos under Mike and with Cutler..

Pshh Titans just suck

Cutler sucks and so does Mike... the Broncos will do good this year... atleast I hope... they have been my team since I was born, haha.

5hift
08-19-2009, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by md14

Jets are super iffy at QB and with the depature of Coles as well I dont see there offense doing to much damage, plus I think there going to have some serious issues at the head coaching postion,
I dont see Titans having half the kind of season they did last year. While Haynesworth is a big loss and all I just think Collins wont be able to strech the offense

Favre led the league in INT’s with the same number of INTs as TD’s last year (22). He was single handedly responsible for their late season collapse last year. I remember watching so many Jets game where he would make the worst INTs trying to force some ridiculous play when they already had the lead. Sanchez is a rookie, but so was Matt Ryan, he’ll be fine. I think he will be better for the offense than Favre was anyways with his ability to just throw the ball away. Coles’ departure is also overrated. He was constantly injured anyways, and wasn’t the leading receiver last year for the Jets(Cotchery). Clowney and Stuckey will fill in for Coles fine. They have a 3 –headed monster at RB and a solid D.

While it’s hard to improve on a 13 win season, I don’t think the Titans are getting enough credit. Losing Haynesworth was a hit, but the defense even without him is great. They have one of the best secondary’s in the league, and a great trio of linebackers. Even on the line they still have Vanden Bosch & Kearse bringing pressure. Collins can move the ball just fine. Titans are a ball control team, they don’t need to stretch the offense. Smash and Dash is stronger and healthier than last year and they force teams to pile it on in the box. Washington was a good pickup, and a WR by the name of Kenny Britt will be a household name for NFL fans by season’s end.

By all accounts the jets will have a rookie QB. And 2 guys to throw to including Thomas Jones.
Baltimore rides their defense and nothing else. Their running attack only works cuz they have 3 half decent guys runing the ball. Nobody to throw to.
Until VY gets his head in the game they will go no where with Collins, they rely on their defense even more then the Ravens. Last year was a fluke.
Although I wouldn't go down to Vegas and bet $100 on New England to win the superbowl undefeated. I still think they have the best shot. Their defense is suspect but that just means that games are all gonna be shootouts with huge scores.
If Farve can play for the whole season like how he did with the Jets for the first half of last year, then he will make names out of the Vikings no-name recievers. And it will be a great team. That is a really old, whiney, white bearded, southern tractor riding, IF.

Jets have 2 guys to throw to including Thomas Jones? Leon Washington(their 3rd down receiving back and one of the league’s best playmakers), Jerricho Cotchery and Dustin Keller are all weapons even if they aren’t the sexy names you love on the Pats offense. With their solid d and running game, they shouldn’t need to pass the ball as much anyways.

Who cares if Baltimore rides their defense? Using that as an argument, you could say the Pats aren’t a solid team because they rely on their offense(don’t say their D is great because they were exposed last year constantly, without Brady giving them huge early leads). Baltimore’s D and run first style won them a super bowl, and has kept them as a competitive team for a while despite the salary cap's best efforts. They were one controversial play out of the Super bowl last year. They also moved McClain to FB and it looks like Ray Rice will be the feature back, so their RB carousel seems to be over. High powered offenses make sports center, solid d’s and running games win Super Bowls.

Its laughable that you think Vince Young would be a better QB/leader for the Titans offense than Collins. Young has fallen to 3rd on the depth chart. He gave up on his team because one game didn’t go well and fans booed him. He will never have the respect of his team again. He had one big game against a college defense in the championship game and everyone thinks he’s a star. The only place Young is a better QB than Collins is Madden.

Vikings no name receivers? Bernard Berrian, and Sidney Rice are solid receivers. Percy Harvin is the fastest player I have ever seen on the field and will change the Vikings offense. If Favre even can get healthy, he will be leashed and this will stay AP’s team, relying on run first and a solid D.

Jlude
08-19-2009, 05:20 PM
Vikings take it to the superbowl this year....

Quote it bitches!

Mibz
08-19-2009, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Jlude
Vikings take it to the superbowl this year....

Quote it bitches! Quoted for lulz in 20 weeks.

DonJuan
08-19-2009, 06:30 PM
5shift dont get me wrong, I'm no Pats fan. I'm actually Cowboys fan (probably makes things worse). I agree with most of what you are saying. But a lot of what I said I think you misinterpreted.

Jets: Cotchery is at best a #2 reciever with Keller behind him. If the opposing team stacks the box (shutting down Jones to short gains) forcing the rookie QB to throw when uncomfortable, any consistent pass coverage will result in 1 or 2 big INT a week. Matt Ryan is a different case, yes he was a rookie but he had much more reliable targets to throw to, Roddy White, and a half decent running game. A similar case can be made for Matt Cassel's success last year as well.

Baltimore has lost a little on defense this year, their defense has always been their greatest weapon. But if their offense cant put up points and last year average less than 3 pts a drive, they wont be winning much. I'm no coach, but it would seem that if you stack the box and limit ground gains it will force Flacco to throw to his unreliable targets.

I never said VY was a better QB than Collins, if he would ever play to his potential like he did in college then yes, but until then he is a bust. Kerry Collins is Kerry Collins there is a reason why he was cut from the Raiders.

Berrian is average, not solid. Solid is the likes of Marvin Harrison, If Farve plays like he did for the first part of last year we will make them great. Again I stress the IF.

5hift
08-19-2009, 07:23 PM

Jets: Cotchery is at best a #2 reciever with Keller behind him. If the opposing team stacks the box (shutting down Jones to short gains) forcing the rookie QB to throw when uncomfortable, any consistent pass coverage will result in 1 or 2 big INT a week. Matt Ryan is a different case, yes he was a rookie but he had much more reliable targets to throw to, Roddy White, and a half decent running game. A similar case can be made for Matt Cassel's success last year as well.

Baltimore has lost a little on defense this year, their defense has always been their greatest weapon. But if their offense cant put up points and last year average less than 3 pts a drive, they wont be winning much. I'm no coach, but it would seem that if you stack the box and limit ground gains it will force Flacco to throw to his unreliable targets.

I never said VY was a better QB than Collins, if he would ever play to his potential like he did in college then yes, but until then he is a bust. Kerry Collins is Kerry Collins there is a reason why he was cut from the Raiders.

Berrian is average, not solid. Solid is the likes of Marvin Harrison, If Farve plays like he did for the first part of last year we will make them great. Again I stress the IF.

Cotchery IMO can be a #1, but right now like you said he isn't. I wasn't saying he was though, I was saying he was equal to Coles which I think he is. Keller is also a TE, not a WR and he is very good, just needs to get the ball. I dont see how Sanchez's situation this year is any different from Ryan's last year. The Jets running game is very good as well. Besides the NY media frenzy, its the same.

Everyone knows the Ravens run, sit tight and wait for you to turn the ball over to their ball-hawking D. Everyone clogs the box, and yet they still have good records/go deep in playoffs. Heap, while a shell of his former self, is still good if he can stay healthy. They do need WR's, but Flacco has one of the best arms in the league despite never getting to use it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q0LXFJpD30 (difference btw the CFL and NFL right there)

Kerry Collins was cut from the Raiders because he was a barely functioning alcoholic. Notice how right around the time he went sober, his career turned around? He may be boring and slow as fuck, but he's a two time pro bowler, and in the top 15 in all time NFL passing yards. That doesn't happen by fluke or without talent.

Berrian is a burner, he's just been with the Bears and a run first Vikings team so no one has had the chance to seem him.

Favre hasn't been good for a long time now. He's the most overrated QB in the league. There is a reason Green Bay pushed him out the door after they couldn't force him to retire. If he gets a chance, he'll ruin the Vikings offense and chemistry.

DonJuan
08-19-2009, 08:36 PM
^ I agree with you completely.

I don't think Farve wants to ruin the Vikings offense though, I think he has a really big grudge against Green Bay.

He wanted to go to the Vikings last year, but the Pack wouldn't allow that so he was traded and signed the shortest contract he could with the jets. Nothing he could do. So rather than retire for a year and be out of the spot light he just bided his time and contract over, he now signs with the Vikings for 2 maybe 3 years.

Does he need to retire after everyone of these movements? NO but he does cuz he is a diva and an attention whore. But can he still play? Yes. Can he play for 16 yeeks? maybe... If he grenades Childress will still have Sage and Duante in reserve holding Farve's towel and jock strap like before. Easily the most overrated and overpaid QB.

5hift
08-19-2009, 09:38 PM
Fuck I cant wait until the season starts

I'm a die-hard Niners fan and even I have hope for the upcoming season. I think we even get a prime time game this year lol.

md14
08-19-2009, 09:38 PM
Finally some good football talk. Farve is going to be Favre I expect some "Favre magic" 3rd and long plays and a crap load of INTS.

To people already crowning the Vikings I just cant see it yet. Sure they have a great o-line, purple jesus, good wideouts, good defense yet... I think Childress will be there down fall

Jlude
08-20-2009, 09:26 AM
DAMN... I was gonna buy tickets to the Vikings vs Packers game this season, but didn't pull the trigger... now those ticket prices have skyrocketed.

AaronK
08-20-2009, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Jlude
DAMN... I was gonna buy tickets to the Vikings vs Packers game this season, but didn't pull the trigger... now those ticket prices have skyrocketed.

What a let down it will be for people with tickets. Watching an old man throw interceptions isnt as fun as they think.... :whocares:

5hift
08-20-2009, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by AaronK

What a let down it will be for people with tickets. Watching an old man throw interceptions isnt as fun as they think.... :whocares:

Your gonna be disappointed watching Orton the INT machine this year then. He's been horrible in just preseason, cant imagine how bad it'll get against first team D's.

AaronK
08-20-2009, 10:15 AM

Your gonna be disappointed watching Orton the INT machine this year then. He's been horrible in just preseason, cant imagine how bad it'll get against first team D's.

Yeah i know, he's definitely got a lot of work to do, but I just hope that he steps it up enough to atleast get us into the playoffs this year...

5hift
08-20-2009, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by AaronK

Yeah i know, he's definitely got a lot of work to do, but I just hope that he steps it up enough to atleast get us into the playoffs this year...

Zero chance. San Diego owns the AFC West, and the Bronc's will be competing with teams like the Titans, Ravens, Jets, etc for the wild card.

Last year with 3 games to go, all you had to do was win 1 to make playoffs, and you know what happened. San Diego didn't have their two best players last year and they couldn't be held off.

Your D was brutal and wasn't really improved besides your secondary. The only reason Denver had a .500 record last year was because of your offense, which will go from Cutler bombing to Marshall to Orton dropping dink passes to Royal (Marshall doing everything he can to get suspended or traded).

slick2404
08-20-2009, 10:49 AM
someone should start an offical NFL thread for this season.

if anyone needs a jersey, let me know!! authentic stitched name n number, non of that screen pressed garbage ... 80 bones!

5hift
08-20-2009, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by slick2404
someone should start an offical NFL thread for this season.

if anyone needs a jersey, let me know!! authentic stitched name n number, non of that screen pressed garbage ... 80 bones!

Any player? 2009 styles? Sizes? Name and number is stitched, but what about the logos on the shoulders? Authentic or the replica authentic?

slick2404
08-20-2009, 11:17 AM
^ 2008 style I believe, sizes are from M-XXL so 48-54, name and number and logos incld shoulders are stitched...I sold a few to beyond members last year and they all loved em. PM ur email add and i'll send u pic's of my marion barber jersey.

spikerS
08-20-2009, 11:35 AM
email me a pic to [email protected]

If I likes em, I will take 2 to start, I want a polamalu and a Welker Jersey. if I like those, there will be more.

5hift
08-21-2009, 09:03 AM
well all you Favre fans should be happy.

They were showing Viking practice and even with his surgically repaired arm and other various arm injuries, he was throwing with such zip that receivers were dropping balls all over.

I guess he figures what his WR's can barely catch wont be intercepted every other play like last year.

We really need someone to setup a 09 NFL thread.

slick2404
08-21-2009, 01:10 PM
is it too late for a pool? even if it's just for fun

CMW403
08-31-2009, 01:57 PM

Not till the Colts in week 10 do they play a decent team. Maybe the Falcons will give em trouble MAYBE.... the Broncos or Titans but thats a bigger maybe. I wouldn't bet against them.

LOL you overlook the ravens as a "decent" team??? i love colts fans ahahahahahaah.

DonJuan
09-07-2009, 11:47 PM
^ Cowboys fan actually but I'd rather not comment on that.

Ravens are not a decent team, they guy that they have to throw to is back from retirement and had shoulder surgery. The 3 guys that they got running the ball are either too old, too inexperienced, or too slow. Thus a sub standard offense as always. If they sign an aging Marvin Harrison, or the like and he still has got something left then maybe.

Their defense though is what they do have. Yes they kept Ray Lewis but lost other parts of their defense including their defensive co-ordinator. It can even be argued that the defense that Marv Lewis created has remained the same since '02 and has now become stale and predictable. That's why the Ravens are not a decent team, a 500 team sure, but that's all.

SNAATCH
09-08-2009, 12:14 PM
Favre is an Alien.

5hift
09-08-2009, 05:16 PM
^ Cowboys fan actually but I'd rather not comment on that.

Ravens are not a decent team, they guy that they have to throw to is back from retirement and had shoulder surgery. The 3 guys that they got running the ball are either too old, too inexperienced, or too slow. Thus a sub standard offense as always. If they sign an aging Marvin Harrison, or the like and he still has got something left then maybe.

Their defense though is what they do have. Yes they kept Ray Lewis but lost other parts of their defense including their defensive co-ordinator. It can even be argued that the defense that Marv Lewis created has remained the same since '02 and has now become stale and predictable. That's why the Ravens are not a decent team, a 500 team sure, but that's all.

Lol I guess this is where we separate who actually watches football from who follows the stats and headlines for their fantasy teams.

When you referred to the Jets as having one decent player in Thomas Jones, I knew you knew jack about the NFL but thought whatever. Just thought I’d let you know about this guy by the name of Leon Washington ... led the NFL in all purpose yards last year, kind of tough feat, usually takes some talent.

As already mentioned, last year the Ravens went 11-5, while the Superbowl champs went 12-4. Huge difference between the two huh? The Ravens were in the AFC championship game, only losing to the eventual Superbowl champs on a late, questionable call. That right there puts them in the NFL’s elite teams.

Mason is not a great wideout by any means, but is much better of a wide out this point in his career than Marvin Harrison and his gimpy knees(reason no one signed him). Mason retired last year because he didn’t get the contract he wanted, not because he was played out. When the Ravens couldn’t trade for a big name WR, they gave Mason the money he wanted and he came back. Raven style of play doesn’t need a big play WR however, and Flaaco is very underrated and will break out regardless. 3 RB’s? McClain was moved to full back, fulltime. Ray Rice and McGahee are splitting the carries. Anyone who has followed NFL headlines what so ever, would know Ray Rice is one of the most hyped backs coming into the season. He came into camp absolutely jacked, and was so dominant in camp he was called the starter even though they are supposed to be running split backs.

Yeah the Ravens lost Scott and Rex Ryan, but their D is led by Lewis, not the D-coordinator, so I don’t see much of a drop off. Also last year the glaring weakness of the Ravens D was their corners, and they addressed that by drafting CB Webb who will be an impact player right away.

I’m curious, using your standards, what NFL teams are decent? If a top 4 team from last year is sub .500 in your opinion, which teams are going to push for 11/12 wins this year?

DonJuan
09-09-2009, 09:38 AM
I agree with much of that, but disagree with the analysis.

My picks for the top teams this year is Kansas City! LO! jk it goes Pittsburgh, New England, Chargers ( I cant believe I just typed that) and Giants/Eagles (one of em).

Bubble teams are Giants/Eagles (one of em), Vikings, Colts, Bears... oh my! Maybe the Cards again, but I doubt Warner can stay healthy. I want to believe Houston/Cowboys can get it done but I doubt it.

And I said Baltimore would be a 500 team not sub 500.

5hift
09-14-2009, 11:18 AM
lets see:

Jets D shut down a top tier Offense, Mark Sanchez is fine, Cotchery dominated corners all day as a #1 WR, and Stuckey was great as a #2.

Flacco throws for 300+ and 3 TDs

Titans run D doesn't miss Haynesworth and holds the Steelers to what 40 yards rushing?

Kenny Brit has breakout game in week 1

DonJuan
09-14-2009, 12:05 PM
lets see:

Jets D shut down a top tier Offense, Mark Sanchez is fine, Cotchery dominated corners all day as a #1 WR, and Stuckey was great as a #2.

Flacco throws for 300+ and 3 TDs

Titans run D doesn't miss Haynesworth and holds the Steelers to what 40 yards rushing?

Kenny Brit has breakout game in week 1

I guess the Jets are who you thought they were. They managed to stop Slaton and triple cover Andre Johnson. Houston has quite the dynamic offense. We'll see what they do when they play NE, twice. I agree Sanchez looked good, as did Cotchery. I'd like them to play a better team before I reserve judgement.

Not a whole lot to say about Baltimore's D huh? Like I said stale, even KC with Croyle has answers for them. Flacco and the offense looked decent albeit took a little while to get going. They were playing KC however.

I agree Titans looked good, they were missing Washington, but the rookie came up good. I still think something is missing though to put them over the top as an elite team.

DonJuan
09-14-2009, 12:51 PM
whoops double post

5hift
09-14-2009, 01:06 PM

I guess the Jets are who you thought they were. They managed to stop Slaton and triple cover Andre Johnson. Houston has quite the dynamic offense. We'll see what they do when they play NE, twice. I agree Sanchez looked good, as did Cotchery. I'd like them to play a better team before I reserve judgement.

Not a whole lot to say about Baltimore's D huh? Like I said stale, even KC with Croyle has answers for them. Flacco and the offense looked decent albeit took a little while to get going. They were playing KC however.

I agree Titans looked good, they were missing Washington, but the rookie came up good. I still think something is missing though to put them over the top as an elite team.

Not saying I expect the Jets to win their division, but they are for real. Andre also wasn't triple covered. Darrelle Revis (most underrated corner in the league) covered him alone shadowing him where ever he went the whole game and shut him down.

I actually forgot to include Baltimore's D. I realize your evaluating them by the final score, but keep in mind they held the Chiefs to ~50 yards offense in the first half and . The Chiefs got their TDs off great field possession from a punt return and blocked punt returned for a TD, not to mention Baltimore giving them many free first downs with stupid personal fouls. Larry Johnson could only get 20 yards running and their QB didnt even hit 200 yards so its not like they moved the ball on the Ravens all night. Add in the missed easy FGs and several dropped TDs on the Ravens part and the game was much more one sided than the score shows.

The Ravens were sloppy, they clearly didn't take KC seriously, and they still won by 14.