PDA

View Full Version : How to deter dogs from peeing on my lawn?

TimG
08-19-2009, 08:31 AM
I don't own any pets and yet my entire front lawn is covered in pee stains. last night I made a point of sitting near the front window and counted about 10 people who walked their dog past my lawn and about 1/2 of them were going to let their dog pee on my lawn until i made some noise and then the owners ran away.

Is there anything that i can put on my lawn (aside from a fence) to deter the dogs from coming onto it? I've heard of using cayenne pepper, diluted ammonia, or vinegar, but does this really work?

I'll only use a BB gun if it's legal to shoot the irresponsible owners with it.

Thaco
08-19-2009, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by TimG
I'll only use a BB gun if it's legal to shoot the irresponsible owners with it.

welp, there goes my suggestion.

adam c
08-19-2009, 08:36 AM
it's only illegal if you get caught;)

LadyLuck
08-19-2009, 08:45 AM
a family in my neck of the woods actually has a sign up on their front lawn that asks owners nicely to have their pet urinate on their lawn, so its worked pretty well.

I dont let my dog piss on anyones lawn, hes on the leash until we get to the park which is about 2 minutes away.

If that doesnt work...grab a garden hose and spray away at both the owners and the dog, that'll teach em! :D

sputnik
08-19-2009, 08:48 AM
Dog food dipped in cyanide would probably work in the long run.

Mar
08-19-2009, 08:52 AM
Leave your sprinkler on the lawn and when the dog starts his business, turn it on, spraying both him and the owner. It works for bums downtown, I spray them with the washer fluid and they leave my car alone.

kevie88
08-19-2009, 09:12 AM
Buy a larger dog! or a shotgun..

Afrodeziak
08-19-2009, 09:22 AM
Well none of these answers are reasonable.

I have the same issue as well. I am at a inner city house which is a pretty relaxed neighborhood but there is a lot of foot traffic, which means a tonne of dogs wanting to piss and even shit on the lawn. Granted that I've never had to deal with turds left there.

I often just stand in my living room or kitchen and stare at owners who let there dogs use my front lawn/bushes as a place to do their thing. If I had their addresses I'd piss on their lawn on my way back from the bar.. lol.

Really though, without banging on the window or walking outside and politely asking someone to not let their mutt use my property as its washroom, what's there to be done?

"This area is charged with an invisible electric fence, pee somewhere else" :)

JEFFRIX
08-19-2009, 09:29 AM
landmines :eek:

Boat
08-19-2009, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Mar
Leave your sprinkler on the lawn and when the dog starts his business, turn it on, spraying both him and the owner. It works for bums downtown, I spray them with the washer fluid and they leave my car alone.

landmines

Lol'ing at work :clap:

YamahaV8
08-19-2009, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by LadyLuck
If that doesnt work...grab a garden hose and spray away at both the owners and the dog, that'll teach em! :D

I like this idea. Gets the point across without any physical harm.

Davetronz
08-28-2009, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by LadyLuck

I dont let my dog piss on anyones lawn, hes on the leash until we get to the park which is about 2 minutes away.

I do the same thing. Mine either goes in our gravel dog run, or the public park, never on mine, or anyone elses yard.

DonJuan
08-28-2009, 06:40 PM
seemed relevant

http://www.playerpress.com/uploads/Image/EastwoodMyLawn.jpg

S4maniac
08-28-2009, 07:47 PM
Get one of those motion sensor activated sprinklers. The noise alone is scary enough for most dogs to hold it until they get to your neighbors lawn.