PDA

View Full Version : TELUS: I don't get you!

Dumbass17
08-19-2009, 05:00 PM
so i've had my cellphone service through telus for 5 years now and I could use a new phone. Can someone please explain to me WHY THE HELL i don't get a decent deal on a new phone?

They'll give me the same offer for a new phone as they would a brand new customer. this is bullshit! haha. dont' I get anything for my loyalty/dedication as a longstanding customer?!?

Isaiah
08-19-2009, 05:04 PM
No.

They're only nice to you if you're a cute little animal.

Oldskool
08-19-2009, 05:07 PM
Talk to them one last time, tell them if you don't get a better deal, you're going to switch to Rogers because you're thinking of getting an Iphone.

If they call your bluff, go to Rogers and get an Iphone, they're cool.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
08-19-2009, 05:10 PM
Rogers/Fido are much better with return customers I find.

bulaian
08-19-2009, 05:10 PM
did you talk to them in person of on the phone? ask to speak to retentions

yeahyeah
08-19-2009, 05:31 PM
tell them you want a free baby goat if you'll resign a contract

ntegra98rs
08-19-2009, 05:34 PM
^ this.

Ajay
08-19-2009, 05:40 PM
Is your contract up?

If your contract is expired or even close to being expired get back on the phone with customer service and ask to talk to Loyalty and Retentions. That's the department that has the authority to give you more.

Word of advice though. Don't huff and puff at them because they won't give you anything for doing that. Just talk to them in a dignified manner and tell them you've been with them for awhile and feel you deserve a better deal than a customer walking in off the street that has no affiliations with them whatsoever. You can always say that you're going to transfer your number to a different carrier as well. They usually will give you more if you threaten to cancel your service with them altogether.

Wrinkly
08-19-2009, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Dumbass17
so i've had my cellphone service through telus for 5 years now and I could use a new phone. Can someone please explain to me WHY THE HELL i don't get a decent deal on a new phone?

They'll give me the same offer for a new phone as they would a brand new customer. this is bullshit! haha. dont' I get anything for my loyalty/dedication as a longstanding customer?!?

We got great loyalty rewards for new phones :dunno:

Definitely talk to them again.

95teetee
08-19-2009, 06:28 PM
They'll give me the same offer for a new phone as they would a brand new customer. this is bullshit! haha. dont' I get anything for my loyalty/dedication as a longstanding customer?!? well, that's better than being an existing satellite subscriber and wanting an HD receiver- you get better deals if you're a new customer than if you're a loyal, longstanding customer.

dino_martini
08-19-2009, 07:04 PM
Phone retentions.

They won't always deal, so I sent a strongly worded email to the company and they phone me back within 24 hours offering me exactly what I wanted.

Dumbass17
08-19-2009, 11:13 PM
haha weird thing is, i just got a work cell today after i posted this haha crazy timing.
but it's ahunk of junk :(

2Valve0
08-19-2009, 11:33 PM
When you call in to a call center, Talk to the first customer service rep. politely, explain to them you really need a new phone as its features aren't up to date for what you need to use your phone for. Tell them you looked with both rogers an fido and they offered you a much better price per month and a better deal on a phone etc...and that you are looking to disconnect. Be very polite on the phone with the agent. You will be put through to retentions/saves/customer relations and speak politely and explain again that it is just too costly when you have been a loyal customer, that you really like them but for the price it's more resonable to go to another provider.

THESE AGENTS GET PAID COMMISSION FOR SAVING YOU FROM SWITCHING CALLS ARE RECORDED.
There job is to keep you as a customer, follow this and you will most likely get what you want. I work for a provider =S
LOL

Dumbass17
08-20-2009, 08:59 AM
i think i'll just end up cancelling as i don't want to sign any contracts with them, especially since i have a work cell now haha

ideally, they should give me a free blackberry with no contract. then i cancel and sell the blackberry on beyond

nyuk nyuk nyuk

darkkent
08-20-2009, 09:07 AM
No one is going to give you a free blackberry on no contract and if you called them expecting that I am not surprised they didn't give you a deal.

GQBalla
08-20-2009, 09:15 AM
i think i'll just end up cancelling as i don't want to sign any contracts with them, especially since i have a work cell now haha

ideally, they should give me a free blackberry with no contract. then i cancel and sell the blackberry on beyond

nyuk nyuk nyuk

are you serious?

you've only been with them for 5 years only and you expect a free bb with no contract.

good luck

sorry pretty obvious you will not get that.

lint
08-20-2009, 09:49 AM
How well they treat you and what offers they'll give you depend on how much you spend per month.

Dumbass17
08-20-2009, 12:07 PM
lol

the nyuk nyuk nyuk after the bb comment meant i was joking

Tik-Tok
08-20-2009, 02:02 PM
Don't I get anything for my loyalty/dedication as a longstanding customer?!?

They are smarter then you think. They realize if your dumb enough to stick with them for 5 years, you'll be dumb enough to stay with them for no other reason, then you've been with them for 5 years, lol.

I've been with them since 2000, when they took over Clearnet (I was with clearnet for 2 years before that), and they still don't offer me squat. Mind you my service requirement have gone steadily down in 11 years, I just have a basic phone, and pretty much all I do with it is text my wife :rofl: , so I'm just on pay&talk now.

Mar
08-20-2009, 02:19 PM
I don't get why you think you're entitled to something more than a new customer. With someone new, they're trying to lure them into a plan so they give them something for free. They've already got you on their network, why would they give you anything extra? But to convince you to resign, they're nice enough to give you the same deal they give to new customers which is a free handset if you sign a contract, I think that's pretty fair. You got a pretty good offer there.

sputnik
08-20-2009, 02:20 PM
i think i'll just end up cancelling as i don't want to sign any contracts with them

That's your problem.

Why should they give you a new phone if you are unwilling to sign a contract?

Dumbass17
08-20-2009, 09:59 PM
i just said i'm unwilling to sign a contract cause i was just surprisingly given a work cell phone

:nut: