08-20-2009, 10:16 PM
http://my.porsche.com/microsite/911gt3rs/usa.aspx

http://imgur.com/EOFqr.jpghttp://imgur.com/uvEXw.jpg
http://imgur.com/bvAgz.jpghttp://imgur.com/YvnnN.jpg
http://imgur.com/39vGY.jpghttp://imgur.com/FjO9r.jpg

:barf:

funkedelic2
08-20-2009, 10:29 PM
Unique! I like them all minus the very first one. I'm sure seeing it in person you would think a lot different about it.

acura_el
08-21-2009, 10:27 AM
Minus the stickers, I'd say they look pretty nice. The white/black and orange is a nice touch.

Mibz
08-21-2009, 11:01 AM
I can't copy/paste and don't feel like typing it all out, but if you click "Drive" -> "Engine", check out all the awesome changes they make to the engine. I'm surprised it doesn't make over 9,000 hp with all that new technology.

In all seriousness though, dynamic engine mounts are ballin' as fuck. I'd kill for those in the Neon.

Scope951
08-21-2009, 11:03 AM
love em all:drool: :drool: :love:

gimme!:poosie:

Redlyne_mr2
08-21-2009, 12:28 PM
That car is gorgeous, I love the new decal package and color scheme.

m10-power
08-21-2009, 12:33 PM
No PDK option :whipped:

Redesign in 2012 better have it

bjstare
08-21-2009, 02:17 PM
My neighbour just got the 2010 911 GT3. He said there's only about 10 in Canada. Its silver with Black leather/grey alcantara interior. Come to think of it, maybe I should post some pics and make a "spotted" thread haha. Anyway, its a sick car. And the GT3 RS decals are gross colors.

Redlyne_mr2
08-21-2009, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by m10-power
No PDK option :whipped:

Redesign in 2012 better have it
PDK on a gt3 rs really, you'd want that? I wouldnt want that. :)

Mibz
08-21-2009, 02:54 PM
PDK might be nice but since the RS is supposed to be a stripped-down, bare-bones, all-out fun bucket, I don't see why they'd offer it.

m10-power
08-21-2009, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

PDK on a gt3 rs really, you'd want that? I wouldnt want that. :)

Originally posted by Mibz
PDK might be nice but since the RS is supposed to be a stripped-down, bare-bones, all-out fun bucket, I don't see why they'd offer it.

Because it's a track car and the PDK would make it significantly faster. Having driven a variety of new porsche products during last aprils porsche world roadshow at mosport, with and without PDK as well as a test drive in a 6 speed carrera and a pdk version locally in street driving. Absolutely yes. I have also tracked a new 997 GT3 and although the 6 speed is very good and enjoyable the PDK is just better, everywhere and in every situation.

I will be buying a new GT3 in the near future but only when the PDK is available.

Redlyne_mr2
08-24-2009, 11:45 PM
The only thing I dont like are the LED's, thats so audi and doesnt suit the 911
YlWqNzV-1Sk&eurl

Impreza
08-24-2009, 11:51 PM
OMFG.

trikypenguin
08-25-2009, 12:03 AM
i love it and would def buy one if i could!

LongCity
08-25-2009, 12:18 AM
Wow, those colour accents really set it off.

Wrinkly
08-25-2009, 12:51 AM
Ahhhh "PDK" zeeee "parke distanze kontrolle" Hoo vood vant to bee vizowt dat? ;)

H4LFY2nR
08-25-2009, 01:20 AM
uber cool ;)

I think the colour schemes are nice and eye catching, as they should be. People better recognize the RS when they see one.

Lolz at the vid of it drifting all over the place though, I guess it looks faster that way :dunno:

vtec4life
08-25-2009, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by m10-power

Because it's a track car and the PDK would make it significantly faster. Having driven a variety of new porsche products during last aprils porsche world roadshow at mosport, with and without PDK as well as a test drive in a 6 speed carrera and a pdk version locally in street driving. Absolutely yes. I have also tracked a new 997 GT3 and although the 6 speed is very good and enjoyable the PDK is just better, everywhere and in every situation.

I will be buying a new GT3 in the near future but only when the PDK is available.

Im almost positive it was on a Top Gear episode, could have been the ozzy version... that someone test drove both a pdk version and manual Porsche cayman on the same course and the manual was faster around the track by a couple seconds. anyone know what im talking about?

Judging from that review it seems like Porsche has not perfected the PDK quite yet. I can see the weight difference making itself known around corners as well. I wouldnt say "absolutely yes" but everyone has their reasons for choosing an auto over stick.

Mibz
08-25-2009, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by vtec4life

Im almost positive it was on a Top Gear episode, could have been the ozzy version... that someone test drove both a pdk version and manual Porsche cayman on the same course and the manual was faster around the track by a couple seconds. anyone know what im talking about?

Judging from that review it seems like Porsche has not perfected the PDK quite yet. I can see the weight difference making itself known around corners as well. I wouldnt say "absolutely yes" but everyone has their reasons for choosing an auto over stick. Pretty sure that aired long before PDK came out. They had a semi-auto transmission back then, but not PDK. As far as I know, all PDK-equipped Porsches are faster than their manual counterparts.

atgilchrist
08-25-2009, 08:39 AM
^This. That review (can't find video) was for the old Tiptronic auto, which was slower. The new dual-clutch PDK is faster than the 6-speed.

Hash_man
08-25-2009, 08:47 AM
Wow!... That is hot! I love the new schemes for the gt3rs... Excellent post. :drool: :hitit:

95EagleAWD
08-25-2009, 11:51 AM
Centerlock wheels....

Baaaalllin'.

I'd kill for one of those. The perfect street/track combo.

scat19
08-25-2009, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Wrinkly
Ahhhh "PDK" zeeee "parke distanze kontrolle" Hoo vood vant to bee vizowt dat? ;)

PDK is not park distance control.

PDK = Doppelkupplungsgetriebe (Double Clutch Gear Box) Like V-dubs DSG, Lancers Twin Clutch whatever they call it, etc etc.

2002civic
08-25-2009, 02:10 PM
:thumbsup: :drool:

JAYMEZ
08-25-2009, 02:24 PM
Soooo sick!!

94boosted
08-25-2009, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Wrinkly

:rofl: Your kidding right?

eb0i
08-25-2009, 05:59 PM
:drool:

Time to sell the house and live in this car.... :nut:

Wrinkly
08-26-2009, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by 94boosted

:rofl: Your kidding right?

Thank god someone has a sense of humour! :thumbsup:

m10-power
08-26-2009, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by vtec4life

Judging from that review it seems like Porsche has not perfected the PDK quite yet. I can see the weight difference making itself known around corners as well. I wouldnt say "absolutely yes" but everyone has their reasons for choosing an auto over stick.

Lol, I'm almost positive that after actually driving them, on a race track, that I'm almost positive that my actual evaluation was correct, to the point that I don't need to watch a tv show to tell me that I'm right...:poosie:

962 kid
08-26-2009, 10:05 PM
pffVyUrUlfY

Worst comparison I've seen since I stopped watching best motoring

soloracer
08-26-2009, 10:19 PM
In that video isn't he shifting the PDK? What would the time have been if he had just let the PDK shift itself? I think that is the true beauty of the system and where Porsche says it's quicker than a manual.

962 kid
08-26-2009, 10:38 PM
It would have definitely been faster for him to have left it in the sport plus mode. He made the car slower by involving himself in a system that was designed to be 100% computer operated.

beyond_ban
08-26-2009, 10:41 PM
ON my way to work i saw a silver GT3 RS with the orange wheels and decals going nortyhbound on crowchild right after exiting glenmore... wish i had pics. That car is sexxxy!!

FiveFreshFish
08-27-2009, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by beyond_ban
ON my way to work i saw a silver GT3 RS with the orange wheels and decals going nortyhbound on crowchild right after exiting glenmore... wish i had pics. That car is sexxxy!!

Probably this one. I believe it's an '08.

http://i27.tinypic.com/23hu4uf.jpg

beyond_ban
08-27-2009, 11:52 AM
^^ YAAAA that is the exact same looking... I was half awake and then i saw that and it felt like i just drank an espresso. So nice, and personally i thought the LED front lights looked mean coming at me.

stevieo
08-27-2009, 11:56 AM
oh boy, that is such a nice car.
i love the way it looks :drool:

skyline4ever
09-03-2009, 07:10 PM
there all really different lookin but still really nice

Vagabond142
09-03-2009, 07:12 PM
yes please, I'll take 3

Projek01
09-06-2009, 12:27 AM
white/gold and gray/gold for me please! i have to agree that the LEDs look a bit tacky. personally, i dont see myself driving a PDK. I highly doubt that fractions of a second will make any difference for most drivers out there. I rather have the nice feeling of shifting gears. I guess it would only make a difference if you raced competitively often.

dirtsniffer
09-06-2009, 08:28 AM
i also enjoy shifting gears "its one of the ways a driver interacts with the car." and the gold trim ftw on either the white of blue, or the grey. or maybe the orange trim. who gives a fuck really. the worst part of owning this car would be all the dudes scaring away your tail

m10-power
09-06-2009, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Projek01
white/gold and gray/gold for me please! i have to agree that the LEDs look a bit tacky. personally, i dont see myself driving a PDK. I highly doubt that fractions of a second will make any difference for most drivers out there. I rather have the nice feeling of shifting gears. I guess it would only make a difference if you raced competitively often.

I would have agreed with you before I drove them both, much more to the PDK then quick shifting. I would also never use the push buttons to shift, completely pointless.

"The 380hp (283kW) Carrera S fitted with the PDK and PASM (Porsche Active Suspension Management) system posted a fastest lap time for the Nurburgring of 7m 50s – a full 8 seconds faster than the Carrera S with a manual gearbox"

1 second per minute on track is a huge performance advantage.

To each his own of course, Ill wait for the PDK to be offered then I buy one.

soloracer
09-10-2009, 10:47 PM
Check out the latest issue of Motor Trend. They compare 10 cars (including an Audi R8 and Corvette ZR1) to see which was the best drivers car. They had Randy Pobst as their expert. The number one car? The Cayman S with PDK. They said at first they didn't like the "idea" of the PDK and tried using the paddle shifters but found that if they left it in Sport mode and let the gearbox work for itself that it was amazing how good it was. They said the car doesn't need the paddle shifters as the PDK is just that good. I admit that looking at the cars they were testing I figured they really buggered up by not including a GT3 but was pleasantly suprised they picked the Cayman over all of them.

soloracer
09-10-2009, 11:09 PM
Here is the article:

http://www.motortrend.com/features/performance/112_0910_2009_best_drivers_car/index.html

soobad
09-11-2009, 03:49 PM
Still, the premise of the article is kind of ridiculous.

If you drove the ZR1 as slowly as the Miata -- would it be just as "rewarding" then? :banghead:

The whole review is terribly biased and subjective to the point of being inane and meaningless. It's easy for a car to be "refined" and handle well with relatively low limits like the Cayman or Miata they praise like crazy. But having low enough limits that the Motor Trend drivers can't make the cars lose composure as easily just seems like it's missing the point to me.

By the same token as they are using for the article, would a McLaren F1 car lose to the Cayman in their test as a "drivers car" as well because its not "unremarkable" in any way like the Cayman, or because it's scary and not "confidence inspiring" or because it doesn't have as much outward vision and ergonomics?

Like I said, inane / mis-titled comparison / article. The Cayman is a great car, but it's ridiculous to say the Miata or Cayman are better "drivers cars" than a ZR1.

soloracer
09-11-2009, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by soobad
Still, the premise of the article is kind of ridiculous.

If you drove the ZR1 as slowly as the Miata -- would it be just as "rewarding" then? :banghead:

The whole review is terribly biased and subjective to the point of being inane and meaningless. It's easy for a car to be "refined" and handle well with relatively low limits like the Cayman or Miata they praise like crazy. But having low enough limits that the Motor Trend drivers can't make the cars lose composure as easily just seems like it's missing the point to me.

By the same token as they are using for the article, would a McLaren F1 car lose to the Cayman in their test as a "drivers car" as well because its not "unremarkable" in any way like the Cayman, or because it's scary and not "confidence inspiring" or because it doesn't have as much outward vision and ergonomics?

Like I said, inane / mis-titled comparison / article. The Cayman is a great car, but it's ridiculous to say the Miata or Cayman are better "drivers cars" than a ZR1.

Wrong. You obviously don't get the point of the whole article. A Porsche 917K will kick the snot of many cars on the race track but it was a bloody handful to drive. Even the pro drivers of the day didn't think it was a great "drivers" car. Fast yes, but it demanded you be on top of your game or else you were dead. As for the McLaren F1 - I've read that it's twitchy at high speed and I imagine that it too is going to be difficult to drive quickly. They clearly stated in the article that the test was more on how the car felt than on overall speed. The title of the article was very much correct. The fact is they could confidently push the Cayman to the limits and get rewarded for their efforts. The handling felt crisp/sharp and the feedback to the driver was excellent. How is that not a drivers car? How do you define a drivers car for that matter? Is it just the lap time that makes a car a good drivers car? Obviously not to anyone who actually appreciates things like balance and feedback.

nissanguy
09-12-2009, 06:33 PM
i would love to own any one of those gt3s any day:burnout: