PDA

View Full Version : Globalfest

icky2unk
08-21-2009, 12:35 PM
Hey,

I've never gone to Globalfest before, I was just wondering what time the fireworks start!?!?

dubol
08-21-2009, 12:38 PM
I think they start at 9pm

snoop101
08-22-2009, 10:00 AM
Anyone go during the days? What is there to do? The website sucks and doesn't show really anything. Is it like low end Expo kinda of thing?

Isaiah
08-22-2009, 10:05 AM
It's Ok. Some cultural tents, food tents, and live performance stages. I'd go at around 7:30 in order to get good seats, set up your little area in the south bowl and then cruise around and check everything out.

They have a new feature this year: a makeshift refugee camp. It's interesting to hear some of the statistics and see firsthand what people have to go through.

snoop101
08-22-2009, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Isaiah
It's Ok. Some cultural tents, food tents, and live performance stages. I'd go at around 7:30 in order to get good seats, set up your little area in the south bowl and then cruise around and check everything out.

They have a new feature this year: a makeshift refugee camp. It's interesting to hear some of the statistics and see firsthand what people have to go through.

Doesent sound like its worth 15 bucks. I kinda thought it was going to be like expo, but this is Calgary and Calgary has no culture so I should have expected this. Victoria has these every few months and doesn't make a huge thing about it like Calgary.

Isaiah
08-22-2009, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by snoop101

Doesent sound like its worth 15 bucks. I kinda thought it was going to be like expo, but this is Calgary and Calgary has no culture so I should have expected this. Victoria has these every few months and doesn't make a huge thing about it like Calgary.

The fireworks displays are what pay for.

narou
08-22-2009, 10:53 AM
Meh can see fireworks sitting on top of the runner in my driveway.