PDA

View Full Version : Looking to Buy new TSX

MintRacer
08-21-2009, 01:43 PM
what are the chances of getting 500 over cost on one of these puppies in town?

beyond_ban
08-21-2009, 01:54 PM
1. Zero %
2. They are god awful ugly
3. ?????
4. Profit

luv2h8
08-21-2009, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by beyond_ban
1. Zero %
3. ?????
4. Profit

i second this, except i put number 2 above number 1, however i work on them and other acuras all day long and they are quality vehicles...havent had any major problems with them unlike the TL...

MintRacer
08-21-2009, 02:17 PM
1. Zero %
3. ?????
4. Profit

well I figured point number 2. would work out in my favor for getting a better price.

Dealerships routinely sell vehicles at 500 over cost... it's a recession right?

Team_Mclaren
08-21-2009, 02:33 PM
1. walk into an Acura dealership
2. tell them "i'll pay whatever you paid on that tsx +500"
3. profit?

:facepalm:

max_boost
08-21-2009, 02:37 PM
lol

If you don't try I guess you won't know. Go to carcostcanada and get invoice. Pick out your options, price it all out, call up a Silverhill and tell them straight up, I want this this this, and I want to pay this much and I'll come sign for it tonight. They'll either say no or counter, if they counter, call up NW and tell them the same thing lol

BlackArcher101
08-21-2009, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by MintRacer

Aleks
08-21-2009, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by BlackArcher101

Actually they do.

TSX leather has a $3000 markup. If you pay cash they will give you $2000 off before negotiations, if you drive a competitor that's another $1500 and if you have an acura in the family that's another $1500.

So potential for $5000 off before any negotiations on msrp.

MintRacer
08-21-2009, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Aleks

Actually they do.

TSX leather has a $3000 markup. If you pay cash they will give you $2000 off before negotiations, if you drive a competitor that's another $1500 and if you have an acura in the family that's another $1500.

So potential for $5000 off before any negotiations on msrp.

Hah... I know the name of the game since I worked at a dealership for 5 years. I was just hoping someone that works at an acura dealership wanted a easy sale.

beyond_ban
08-21-2009, 06:03 PM

Hah... I know the name of the game since I worked at a dealership for 5 years. I was just hoping someone that works at an acura dealership wanted a easy sale.

I worked at a Mazda dealership as a sales man and even though you can usually get about $500-1500 off of a vehicle, the least we would sell a vehicle for was at least giving the dealership a $1000 profit. That was the minimum, which dindt come up very much.

Good luck getting an '09 TSX for $500 over top of the cost.... That would not even cover the sales mans commission, much less cover the cost to PDI the vehicle and get it detailed for delivery.

Jlude
08-21-2009, 06:09 PM
The new TSX is better looking than the TL IMO

JordanAndrew
08-21-2009, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Jlude
The new TSX is better looking than the TL IMO

Actually they both look ugly. :barf:

MintRacer
08-21-2009, 06:59 PM

I worked at a Mazda dealership as a sales man and even though you can usually get about $500-1500 off of a vehicle, the least we would sell a vehicle for was at least giving the dealership a $1000 profit. That was the minimum, which dindt come up very much.

Good luck getting an '09 TSX for $500 over top of the cost.... That would not even cover the sales mans commission, much less cover the cost to PDI the vehicle and get it detailed for delivery.

Depends on what type of manager you have booking all the deals, if your manager is looking to boost the monthly figures to hit targets for his bonus obviously. They do and will hoe out vehicles to make this happen.

I don't know about the mazda dealership you were at, but in the various other places I know about salesguys get paid a flat for skinny deals.

The manager also is motivated to approve such skinny deals because they have strong business managers than can squeeze out more profit from buyers, which most people are willing to do because they got such a good deal up front. ie. extended warranty, protection packages, financing and such.

luv2h8
08-21-2009, 07:15 PM

enough said.... but go, just walk in and try it, if your serious and have the finances, you might surprise all us haters and get yourself a nice car, please let us know what happens... and tell them you will detail the car yourself, it might help a little...

B4tMan
08-21-2009, 07:21 PM
It's not that easy

4doorj
08-21-2009, 10:04 PM
I don't think the new TSX's are ugly.

At first I didn't like the new acura grill's. But now it's grown on me the same way the 06 wrx's were ugly when they first came out(now I own one).
Now side by side the new tsx's are wayyyy nicer then the older ones. They look wider, updated. But again it's just my opinion, I know most people hate the new look of the new acura's.

I liked them so much that me and my brother went to go look at it, and he ended up buying it.
I love the interior, the smooth shifting 6 speed transmission, honda reliability. He doesn't really care about the performance as much anymore. He wanted a car he could drive year round, reliability, good on gas, luxury including navigation.
Things I'm not a real fan of is the wheels they come with. Also that the navigation is not touch screen, it's now the scroll thing.
http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/b/e/6/157336/preview_tsx30.jpg
http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/b/e/6/157336/preview_tsx20.jpg

Aleks
08-21-2009, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by B4tMan

It's not that easy

Last 4 new car deals I helped friends and family with were all cost + 500. You just have to know how to negotiate.

Chandler_Racing
08-21-2009, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Aleks

Last 4 new car deals I helped friends and family with were all cost + 500. You just have to know how to negotiate.

That just means they got you in some other way.

Aleks
08-22-2009, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Chandler_Racing

That just means they got you in some other way.

Well yeah we paid the freight/pdi and GST every time so if that's what you mean then they did get me since those add up to quite a bit. Otherwise there is no way they can get you if you agree on a discount and have all the fees laid out. It's easy to figure out the math.

MintRacer
08-31-2009, 04:47 AM
Uncle ended up with a TSX premium for 3% over invoice. not quite the 500 but settled for 1000 over invoice, so it worked out to around 32500 less cash rebate and loyalty discount. Competitor discount was not stackable. plus tax and fees of course.

max_boost
08-31-2009, 11:10 AM
Congrats.

$1000 over invoice is very fair.

Too bad that doesn't work at all dealers.

dino_martini
08-31-2009, 11:36 PM
I really like the look of the new TL.