PDA

View Full Version : How much for a fitness trainer / helper?

Mar
08-21-2009, 02:31 PM
I think it's time to lose some weight, I want to drop at least 15 pounds in 60 days but I need someone to completely rework my grocery list, my entire eating habits, sleeping, and give me a healthy daily routine I can live by. I've tried doing it on my own before, once I was successful enough to drop 30 pounds in 6 months, so I figure a professional could help me drop half that in a third of the time. I hate working out and I hate doing more than sitting in a chair so I'm hoping I can put up with it for 60 days.

Does anyone know people who do this? What would it cost? Are there gyms that offer this with a membership?

My main focus is the cost of it, that's another reason only 2 months.

spike98
08-21-2009, 02:54 PM
Meth?

Serious tho. I am not a fitness expert but if cost and time are your main concerns not your actual fitness goals, you are setting yourself up for failure.

You can have hal johnson and joanne mcleaod beside with you every second of the day but if you would rather be in a chair then your weightloss (if any) will be very minimal.

Set a goal and make it. By doing whatever it takes.

Cheap
Effective
Easy

Pick 2

TomcoPDR
08-23-2009, 10:53 PM
Don't quote me, but most 1-on-1 sessions are $50/hr give or take (i.e. if you prepaid, pay-per-use, etc...)

KRyn
08-23-2009, 11:03 PM
http://www.bodybymurphy.com/

Give my buddy a call. He is an amazing individual and has a passion for what he does.

atgilchrist
09-02-2009, 03:49 PM
Innovative Health Group

http://www.innovativehealthgroup.com/

They've got trainers, nutrionists, etc on staff to kick your ass into shape.

core_upt
09-14-2009, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Mar
I hate working out and I hate doing more than sitting in a chair so I'm hoping I can put up with it for 60 days.

Seriously?? Change your attitude. It sounds like you want to pay someone so you can blame them when you didn't put in the work. You don't have to be a gym rat, but if you can't be bothered to even take the stairs, go for a jog, ride a bike or take a swim, how do you expect to see results.

BUT, it you are really set on not working out, then you better be prepared to have your diet in check. Big time.

Lastly, don't just make this about the 60 days, make it a commitment for your life. That way if you only drop 10 lbs in two months, you can honestly say you can work off those next 5 lbs in the next 60 days.

gretz
09-14-2009, 03:49 PM
It seems like you know what you are doing wrong - why not try to change your life yourself.

Rework your own grocery list, eat properly, drink properly (ie dont sit on the comp. for hours drinking a 6 pk of coke), get goodnight sleeps,and keep it up:dunno:

If thats everything you want to change, give it a shot - take that PT money and start an active hobby..... any change from the chair will help you reach your goals
- dont pay someone to "get you in shape" / "make a routine for you", chances are, if you don't like to work for it, you might just be wasting your money.