PDA

View Full Version : mom gets tazed in front of kids

sh0ko
08-21-2009, 02:42 PM
http://www.break.com/index/mom-gets-tazed-in-front-of-kids.html

discuss

How does a law-abiding mom driving home with two kids end up being Tasered, handcuffed and arrested — while her children are left alone for 40 minutes in the car, waiting for someone to come get them?

That’s a question that Audra Harmon hopes will be answered by a lawsuit she has filed against the Onondaga County (N.Y.) Sheriff’s Department. In the process, she and her attorney told TODAY’s Meredith Vieira Friday in New York, they hope to spur a debate over whether police should be carrying Tasers at all.

The suit, seeking unspecified monetary damages on an array of charges including false arrest and police brutality, has been filed, said attorney Terrance Hoffman, “to bring awareness not only that anybody can be a potential victim, but also awareness to the police officers who have the Tasers to be a little more judicious and think it out a little more before they use this kind of device. Then the overall picture is whether or not Tasers should be used in law enforcement.”

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/32414436/ns/today-today_people/

Genjuro
08-21-2009, 02:46 PM
that's fucking BS. piggy must have had a bad day.

Supa Dexta
08-21-2009, 02:47 PM
What a lying bitch, lets see the real audio.

sh0ko
08-21-2009, 02:53 PM
^ exactly

im still on the walla bout this

however

i will only side with the mom on this

it was NOT necessary to continue tasing her while she was already getting down on the ground all the way until he cuffed her

second.... that is un fucking believable the cop would leave the kids there in the car for 40 minutes to let someone come pick them up...

Wrinkly
08-21-2009, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by sh0ko
[Bsecond.... that is un fucking believable the cop would leave the kids there in the car for 40 minutes to let someone come pick them up... [/B]

Quite! If a parent did this, they'd probably be charged with child endangerment or similar!! :whipped:

brownboi
08-21-2009, 03:29 PM
watta basterd cop for leaving the kids alone in the van, i find it quite unfair that if a cop leaves kids in the car its ok but if one of us civilians leave the children in the car we get charged? what is with that?

kenny
08-21-2009, 03:33 PM
The kids were not abandoned in any way during the 40 minutes. The officer and mom were in the cruiser right behind her van the whole time. Her 15 year old son is fully capable of taking care of the 5 year old during this time.

This is why you never exit your vehicle. The officer is under no obligation to show her any tape she is requesting (if he even has access to).

5hift
08-21-2009, 03:36 PM
Edmonton Cop has this guy beat

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/Hearing+ordered+Edmonton+Tasered+teen/1906011/story.html

Coles Notes:

Cop tazes a passed out kid 8 times straight when he didnt response to him. Got off because his daddy was police chief.

From Calgary Herald:

"An Edmonton police constable who Tasered a passed-out teen in 2002 and avoided punishment from the police chief of the day — his father — will likely now have to face a disciplinary hearing.

n a ruling last week, the Law Enforcement Review Board ordered Police Chief Mike Boyd to lay several charges against Const. Mike Wasylyshen related to the Oct. 5, 2002, incident that saw 16-year-old Randy Fryingpan Tasered eight times in just over one minute.

Fryingpan was passed out drunk in the back of a car that police were called to investigate. When everyone in the car except him got out in response to the officers’ orders, he was Tasered. The data port on Wasylyshen’s Taser recorded that it fired eight times in little more than a minute."

I would love to hear Dayglow/Phil/JustGo's explanations of this.

YamahaV8
08-21-2009, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
What a lying bitch, lets see the real audio.

Indeed. Maybe she should have gotten back into the van the first time she was asked and then asked to see the "tape" when he came back to her window.

DayGlow
08-21-2009, 05:35 PM
5hift, why would we try to explain stupid?

luxor
08-23-2009, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by DayGlow
5hift, why would we try to explain stupid?

Originally posted by 5hift
Edmonton Cop has this guy beat

I would love to hear Dayglow/Phil/JustGo's explanations of this.

You want an explanation 5hift? Here:

stupid [stoo-pid, styoo‑]
1. lacking ordinary quickness and keenness of mind; dull.
2. characterized by or proceeding from mental dullness; foolish; senseless: a stupid question.

AND (for YOU)

hate [heyt]
1. to dislike intensely or passionately; feel extreme aversion for or extreme hostility toward; detest: to hate the enemy; to hate bigotry.
2. the feeling of one who hates; intense dislike or extreme aversion or hostility.

403ep3
08-23-2009, 02:28 AM
Even though the cop kinda went overboard the mother definitely deserved it. You follow what a cop says and you don't argue. Bitch probably edited the tape to protect herself.

rx7boi
08-23-2009, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by 403ep3
Even though the cop kinda went overboard the mother definitely deserved it. You follow what a cop says and you don't argue. Bitch probably edited the tape to protect herself.

lol what?

403ep3
08-23-2009, 12:19 PM
If you watched the break video it was her explaining what was going on through her point of view. If she just let us hear the audio then we could accurately judge who is in fault, her.

Boat
08-24-2009, 04:35 PM
Seems pretty brutal, but like what everyone else said, without the actual audio I don't think anyone except for a judge has the right to say whether the cop what in the right or wrong.

ragu
08-24-2009, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by 403ep3
You follow what a cop says and you don't argue.

That's the thing I hate about cops. We got cops to 'discipline' average joe; who the fuck teaches them a lesson?

They already got too much power, don't need to abuse it.

TorqueDog
08-24-2009, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by ragu
That's the thing I hate about cops. We got cops to 'discipline' average joe; who the fuck teaches them a lesson?http://threetreesstudios.com/andscifi/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/spiderman28.jpg

spikerS
08-24-2009, 07:04 PM
obviously, and by her own admission, she was not following a peace officer's orders, and resisting his attempts to arrest her, and she was trying to flee.

If she did not feel what was happening was just, she could have filed the same complaint after.

If the idiot mother had stayed in the car like the officer had ordered, she would not have gotten tazed, nor would she have subjected her kids to waiting 40 mins in a van.

JustGo
08-29-2009, 12:52 PM
I'm not saying the officer in this video was right to use his taser on this lady, but for everyone saying things like 'why did the cop leave the kids alone in the car?'... what about why does this mother set such a terrible example for her kids?

Why didn't the mother stop acting like she was above the law in front of her kids? Is she such a shining example of a role model here?

If that was my mother I'd be embarrassed. People like this are foolish. We have courts for a reason, if you don't think you were speeding, the side of the road is not the place to argue it. The more you argue, the better chance you have of getting the ticket to begin with. You act like a psycho on the side of the road with your kids watching, and all of a sudden you're the victim. Right.

However, I think the use of the taser was a bit extreme.

But that lady is just dumb.