PDA

View Full Version : Nokia N95 gps problem

arian_ma
08-21-2009, 11:24 PM
Hey guys so i bought an n95 and i have been trying to use the gps but every time i ask it to tell me directions or set a destination it prompts me to go online to check for some free licencing or payment options. Wtf does that mean? My friend also has an n95 but his is the first gen and he can do all of that stuff with no problem. Anyone know how to properly use this gps? And before anyone says it, i would read the manual but i didn't buy it in canada and so the manual is in french. Also it is the 8gb version.

dj_rice
08-21-2009, 11:28 PM
My guess is your phone your trial version of whatever Nav software your using is up and you have to buy it, only way you'll get it to work is either buy it or hack your phone and upload the hacked softwre

arian_ma
08-21-2009, 11:39 PM
My buddy has had his phone for way longer than mine though. And his works no problem!

dj_rice
08-22-2009, 12:28 AM
Did he buy his unlocked?Cause the person he bought it from might of unlocked it and put on programs/software

kenny
08-22-2009, 12:53 AM
Download Google Maps for it, its better than Nokia Maps anyway. Only thing you lose is the voice directions.

Dr_Funk
08-22-2009, 01:39 AM
Nokia maps that comes with the phone will give you directions. You only have to pay if you want the turn by turn directions.

arian_ma
08-22-2009, 05:13 PM
Google maps requires data, I don't have data, and Dr_Funk can you tell me how I can make the directions work?

Dr_Funk
08-23-2009, 05:47 PM
Once you load up maps, press on Options, then Plan Route. The starting point will default to "current GPS location" but you can enter any address, then enter a destination address. Once thats done, click on Options then Show Route..

PS: I have the first gen N95 so I am not to sure how update the software is.