PDA

View Full Version : Check out my new website!

97'Scort
08-25-2009, 12:23 AM
Just went live a few minutes ago! This has been a long time coming, and I'm very happy with the result. Let me know what you think!

Also, I need the Beyond spelling/grammar police on this one. I think I've caught all the errors, but there might be a few lurking past me.

http://www.kg-dj.com

arian_ma
08-25-2009, 12:24 AM
Very well made; I like it.

97'Scort
08-25-2009, 12:31 AM
Thanks! My designer did a fantastic job. She took my little inkling of an idea and turned it into something I can be proud of.

Some little things I need to do still:
- gallery photos need to be added, and gallery logo added
- figure out how to make my "thank you" page force close the new browser window rather than re-direct to the main page
- add more e-mail links, either at the bottom or by clicking the main logo
- finish FAQs, add some brochure download links, and figure out whether the forums are worth including or not

B4tMan
08-25-2009, 12:32 AM
I got the reputation as a go-to person for several major DJ companies in Alberta and Saskatchewan.
- mention the companies. build up Reference page ASAP

One of the ways I do this is to use only the best equipment available to me.
- mention the equipment. it'll help with prospective clients.

97'Scort
08-25-2009, 12:36 AM
^ The reference from one of the big guys is already in the wedding/pro dj section, with more to come. The equipment won't be on the main site, with a good reason: I have found in past sites (this is the third one over the years) that people just don't like looking at gear. The majority of the people booking me are women, and they couldn't care less.

The photo gallery will have its own section for gear photos and explanations of all the toys for people who want to see.

ZorroAMG
08-25-2009, 01:11 AM
Nice site! Few points:

No commas before "and" though...

ie: new website is finally here, and..... take out the commas before all "ands"

On the pro dj page, the d in dj looks like a b....so, err....bj services...

Use " I garnered the reputation as the go to dj for several major companies..." instead of i got ...

Good job!

97'Scort
08-25-2009, 09:19 AM
Perfect, I knew I could count on the Beyond grammar police haha :)

scat19
08-25-2009, 10:32 AM
Do not have the new links pop out into a new browser window, that's a big no no. (except for external links)

The yellow on grey, on the pro dj page hurts my eyes!

Request a quote form needs cleaning up. Straight lines, it's kind of sloppy.

Nice site bro!

97'Scort
08-25-2009, 11:21 AM
^ They're supposed to open new tabs, not new windows, so I guess I need to revisit that. The RFQ page is a bit sloppy yes, but I'm just happy I got it to work properly, haha. Never done one of those before.

dexlargo
08-25-2009, 01:00 PM
Under Pro-DJ, on the Packages page:

You wrote: "We have several packages available, but custom packages are available!" That seems a bit awkward to me, maybe you could write "We have several standardized packages available..." and keep the rest the same.

At the bottom "donators" isn't correct, the word you're looking for is "donors".

In Weddings:

"Bride on a budget" - I'm not a marketing person, but that doesn't sound particularly appealing.

Overall:

How formal do you want to be in your language? It's pretty informal now, which is great if that's what you're going for, but if you want it to be professional you should reduce the number of contractions in use and work on some of the phrasing; i.e. "Please request a quote to get your tailored pricing" instead of 'to get your tailored pricing' try 'to receive tailored pricing' or something like that.

Anyway, those are my comments about language. Looks really good!

97'Scort
08-25-2009, 08:25 PM
Fixed some stuff, hopefully it reads better now. As for the "colloquial" language, it's intentional. Would you want to hire an uptight DJ? I tried to keep it business casual at least :D

TomcoPDR
08-25-2009, 08:46 PM
Will you be adding music in the background? Techno, I like techno.

Very nice, good luck with ur venture Kyle.

FiveFreshFish
08-25-2009, 09:26 PM
Looks good. :thumbsup:

Some minor stuff I found in no particular order:

1. ever expanding can be hyphenated: ever-expanding.

2. Prices do not include GST. Do you have to charge PST in Victoria? If so, you should mention that it's also not included where applicable.

3. 'do not play song' list reads better like this: do-not-play song list. If you want to keep the quotation marks, move the word song out of the quotes: 'do not play' song list.

4. In your DJ Photos gallery, your landscape pics are way smaller than your portrait pics. The horizontal pixels are the same on both. Also, the DJ pics are considerably smaller than the wedding pics. Need to be consistent; make the DJ pics the same size as the wedding pics.

5. Personal preference: I like phone numbers fields to be separated by dashes, not periods.

6. Need a link to Glow products for those who don't know what they are.

7. You have 3 categories but you don't provide a link to the Pro A/V page except from the main page. You need to add a button for it between Weddings and Main Page.

iamchris
08-25-2009, 10:57 PM
For Jim Parsons reference, perhaps take out "for the" in "...Kyle and KG-DJ for the since 2007..."?

97'Scort
08-25-2009, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
Looks good. :thumbsup:
Some minor stuff I found in no particular order:

1. Good one, I know I missed some hyphens.
2. Technically, yes. However, I hate PST so I don't directly charge it but pay it out of my fee. I don't advertise it directly on my site since I don't really want to draw attention to it.
3. Quotes were supposed to be like the second one. I'll fix that.
4. Photos are more-or-less placeholders. I'm still in Trail until the end of the week, and most of my photos live on my server back in Victoria. Gallery is kind of an ongoing challenge for me.
6. The glow products selection is also back in Vic :) Links to some of my catalogues will be up later on.
7. Pro AV links are in the left side menu on the ProDJ and Wedding page? Maybe I don't understand what you mean but you can access any page from the others.

97'Scort
08-25-2009, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR
Will you be adding music in the background? Techno, I like techno.

Very nice, good luck with ur venture Kyle.

Thanks Tom! No music at the moment, since I kind of find it annoying, haha :) Plus, Dreamhost, while cheap, is most definitely not fast. My loading times suck as it is.